UDFA Robert Steeples, CB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
I dont know if this has been posted here yet...But some good tape on the UDFA coaches and media have mentioned a couple times, CB Robert Steeples.

Im very interested in seeing him perform in the pre-season. I reckon he will be competing with Quinton Pointer for the 5th CB (or PS CB) spot, maybe even make 5th round pick Brandon McGee sweat a little bit.

Looks like the kid has potential. Good feet, good instincts, not afraid to put his shoulder into someone.

Check it out!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D7w7OLvDik[/youtube]

jap

Legend
He covers like a solid CB and hits like he's a hard-hitting safety, like he's the Sheriff of the Secondary. Not a bad combo of skills at all! :ww:

We are seeing the results of the collective wisdom of our resident secondary gurus (Fish, Tim Walton, and Chuck Cecil) as we are amassing a speedy, hard-hitting secondary who will make life difficult for everybody. With extreme practice skills gained trying to contain both jitterbugs like Tavon, Chris Givens, Sted & AP (for his short area electric quickness and super soft hands) and our muscle mitts crew: Brian, Jared, and Lance, they will be able to impose their will on many opposing receiver sets---especially given the pass rush capabilities of the front seven|six.

nighttrain

Legend
Steeples a St Louis native I believe, would make a good story. I'm pullin for the kid
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
biggame1190 with the understatement of the off season:
I'm very interested in seeing him perform in the pre-season.

With "him" referring to all 90 players on our roster.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
jap said:
He covers like a solid CB and hits like he's a hard-hitting safety, like he's the Sheriff of the Secondary. Not a bad combo of skills at all! :ww:

We are seeing the results of the collective wisdom of our resident secondary gurus (Fish, Tim Walton, and Chuck Cecil) as we are amassing a speedy, hard-hitting secondary who will make life difficult for everybody. With extreme practice skills gained trying to contain both jitterbugs like Tavon, Chris Givens, Sted & AP (for his short area electric quickness and super soft hands) and our muscle mitts crew: Brian, Jared, and Lance, they will be able to impose their will on many opposing receiver sets---especially given the pass rush capabilities of the front seven|six.

Some credit has to go to Snead also. He's said that he relishes finding the undrafted gems and takes it as a challenge. So I'd bet he put this guy in front of the coaches to check out.

jap

Legend
LesBaker said:
jap said:

Some credit has to go to Snead also. He's said that he relishes finding the undrafted gems and takes it as a challenge. So I'd bet he put this guy in front of the coaches to check out.

Yes, Les is a GM par excellence. I was focusing on the coaching team who will be responsible for developing our young secondary talent in the preceding message, rather than Les and his Merry Team of Scouts who have the unenviable task of turning over rock & stone to find the talent that other NFL teams/scouting departments either miss entirely or dismiss too soon. Clearly, both teams have their functional roles. Les and his Justice League of Scouts unearths the mostly hidden talent then pass the "ball" to the Fisher King and his professors in his Saint Louis University for Player Excellence. And none of this great stuff happens unless our resident Big Daddy Warbucks, Silent Stan, generously furnishes the green for the various layers of our front office to do their thing.

In a league that is converging more & more towards parity, the edge goes to those teams who excel in scouting, coaching, overall team management, and savvy management selection, judicious delegation of authority, and spending where it counts by ownership.

lockdnram21

Legend
jap said:

I wonder can he play safety