UCLA Players & Addition of Jedd Fisch?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This goes out to all the draft gurus out there that I depend on this time of year. With the addition of Jeff Fisch to the coaching staff, do you think the Rams will have more insight to UCLA players? Now I realize you don't overdraft and WR Coach Eric Yarber came from UCLA too, however, Fisch was their OC and on could surmise that the Rams might look in that direction, but again, Fisch was hired as a Senior Offensive Assistant and in the draft room, it might pull much weight...Just throwing it out there.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I doubt it in general. Fisch wasn't there very long. He wasn't part of recruiting, and probably doesn't have a horse in the race. However, I could see him emphasizing the performance of WR Jordan Lasley and TE Austin Roberts if these (2) were being considered in the mid-to-late rounds.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting thought @den-the-coach. I do think there's something to that, too.

Right off the top he's going to provide background information on Kolton Miller, who kicked off the draft madness season with a round 2 estimated range. That's a need position and depending on the shuffling that has only just begun as we lead up to the draft he might factor in to the Rams plans, due to their OL needs. I do like him a lot just not as much as the defensive players estimated to be in our range at 23.

Or Lasley, who has that explosiveness you want at wideout mixed in with mind-numbing decision making. He's going to know a lot about the background stuff there, no doubt about it, and I guarantee the Rams are interested in Lasley's on-field tape.

Or Quessenberry, who is going mid to late rounds as an OG/C.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
If the Rams decide to go the LT of the future route Fisch will have some inside knowledge on Kolton Miller who has a similar frame to big whit.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This goes out to all the draft gurus out there that I depend on this time of year. With the addition of Jeff Fisch to the coaching staff, do you think the Rams will have more insight to UCLA players? Now I realize you don't overdraft and WR Coach Eric Yarber came from UCLA too, however, Fisch was their OC and on could surmise that the Rams might look in that direction, but again, Fisch was hired as a Senior Offensive Assistant and in the draft room, it might pull much weight...Just throwing it out there.
I'm sure he'll be asked for his input ...

Johnny%205.jpg
... I know I like all sorts of input! But I don't know how much weight his will carry!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Lasley is a bit of a knucklehead, but is a big time performer. UCLA was so racked with injuries, etc, they really didn't have a lot of standout players. I liked Wadoo, the DB. OL stank, Quiz was the best. Roberts, their TE had some huge games, but seemed to get dinged up, and wore out during games. Obviously Rosen was very talented, but had way too much on his plate.

I thought Fisch did a pretty good job as a first year coordinator at UCLA, dealing with an awful OL, WR's who couldn't separate, or catch the ball, and they had no running game. Their defense was decimated by injuries, and were just awful all year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
do you think the Rams will have more insight to UCLA players?
hmmmm....I hope they stay away from all but Rosen....most of these Bruins will stay in school offensively....that one kid \/
If the Rams decide to go the LT of the future route Fisch will have some inside knowledge on Kolton Miller who has a similar frame to big whit.
he plays nothing like Big Whit tho....some have said he was improving as the season progressed....but...IDK. These aint the 1988 Bruins...where did the Jonathan Ogden's all go?