UCF Knights!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Two years ago, the Knights were a winless disappointment as coach George O’Leary decided he could juggle the athletic director job and the head coaching position. Now, under the leadership of the offensive genius known as Scott Frost, the Knights have completed their regular season at 11-0 and the highest scoring team in college football.

If you haven’t watched the Knights this season, you may be among the many doubters but you also have been missing out. UCF has played some of the most exciting football possible and capped it off on Black Friday with the best football game of the 2017 season against the rival USF Bulls who came in at 9-1. UCF was able to close out an insane 49-42 victory in front of a sold out home crowd of nearly 50,000.

If you think I’m overstating it, just watch the incredible game highlights:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHvn9iWDFM

Now we are heading into the AAC Championship game against a top 20 Memphis team whose only loss on the year was a 40-13 thrashing by the Knights. Is there anyone who still doubts this isn’t a top 10 team?

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two years ago, the Knights were a winless disappointment as coach George O’Leary decided he could juggle the athletic director job and the head coaching position. Now, under the leadership of the offensive genius known as Scott Frost, the Knights have completed their regular season at 11-0 and the highest scoring team in college football.

If you haven’t watched the Knights this season, you may be among the many doubters but you also have been missing out. UCF has played some of the most exciting football possible and capped it off on Black Friday with the best football game of the 2017 season against the rival USF Bulls who came in at 9-1. UCF was able to close out an insane 49-42 victory in front of a sold out home crowd of nearly 50,000.

If you think I’m overstating it, just watch the incredible game highlights:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHvn9iWDFM

Now we are heading into the AAC Championship game against a top 20 Memphis team whose only loss on the year was a 40-13 thrashing by the Knights. Is there anyone who still doubts this isn’t a top 10 team?

Top 10? Nah. They did give up 42 points after all.
Great season, great story and Frost will head out to Gainesville in a couple weeks.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Top 10? Nah. They did give up 42 points after all.
Great season, great story and Frost will head out to Gainesville in a couple weeks.

The defense is better than Oklahoma who is ranked in the top 4. We only give up 20.2 points per game compared to their 25.2 points per game. That game was our worst defensive performance yet while OU gave up 52 in their worst game.

As far as Frost, only time will tell but he has created the #1 scoring offense and is on the verge of sending UCF to their 2nd New Years Six Bowl in 5 years.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I will always have an affinity for the University of Central Florida,they were the first school to accept me out of High School and offer me an opportunity to walk on, now that was way back in 1984 (George Orwell) but I will never forget the campus and that great logo.
Central_Florida_Golden_Knights3.jpg

Last edited:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
#14 UCF defeats #20 Memphis in a double overtime battle to go undefeated and win the AAC Championship with a score of 62-55. This game featured the #1 vs #2 offenses in the country and epic until the final whistle.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0NPgL77bq4g

With the victory, UCF claimed its place in the Peach Bowl and it’s 3rd AAC Championship trophy (5th total Championship). Fresh after the game, Coach Scott Frost was announced to have accepted the HC role with Nebraska (which I knew would happen months ago due to a friendship with his niece) on a 7 year, $35 million deal.

The question now becomes, who will be the next coach of the nations biggest college? Who will fill the shoes of Frosty?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just lost their Head Coach to Nebraska and I have to give Scott Frost credit, he could've had any job he wanted and went back home to his alma mater, where it's not easy to win or recruit.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Go Knights !!!

And a Special Congratulations needs to go out to UCF Knight @Ramrasta !

This is his last week of school. He'll take his last test this Wednesday. He'll officially be a Civil Engineer in 2 days.

I couldn’t be any prouder!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Go Knights !!!

And a Special Congratulations needs to go out to UCF Knight @Ramrasta !

This is his last week of school. He'll take his last test this Wednesday. He'll officially be a Civil Engineer in 2 days.

I couldn’t be any prouder!!!
Excellent. Congratulations T.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
curious to see how quick frost turns the nebraska program around.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
#14 UCF defeats #20 Memphis in a double overtime battle to go undefeated and win the AAC Championship with a score of 62-55. This game featured the #1 vs #2 offenses in the country and epic until the final whistle.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0NPgL77bq4g

With the victory, UCF claimed its place in the Peach Bowl and it’s 3rd AAC Championship trophy (5th total Championship). Fresh after the game, Coach Scott Frost was announced to have accepted the HC role with Nebraska (which I knew would happen months ago due to a friendship with his niece) on a 7 year, $35 million deal.

The question now becomes, who will be the next coach of the nations biggest college? Who will fill the shoes of Frosty?

Congrats Knights! Congrats Ramrasta for joining the working world!:sneaky: Congrats Nebraska for getting exactly the coach they need! (Which Ramrasta told me was going to happen back in October when we beat the Jags) And now Auburn is going to get upset in the Peach Bowl!
:wow:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
CCongrats Nebraska for getting exactly the coach they need! (Which Ramrasta told me was going to happen back in October when we beat the Jags) And now Auburn is going to get upset in the Peach Bowl!
:wow:

I'm going on record, I love Scott Frost, but he's facing a huge task because I'm not sure if you can win at Nebraska. Now, you can win 8 or 9 games, but that's it IMO. Three factors play key roles to winning....(1)Being close to talent and the State of Nebraska does not offer much talent from a high school standpoint and days of getting kids from Texas & Florida are gone. (2) Being able to work with the School for eligibility & academic constraints. Nebraska will work with the Coaching staff to give them the opportunity to keep their athletes eligible to play and red shirt players accordingly. (3) Weather, Nebraska does not have that.

That being posted Frost does offer exciting offensive play, so that will aid them, but again, certain schools are limited because what I posted above and with all due respect to the history of Nebraska and Head Coach Robert S. "Bob" Devaney....Just not sure they can hope to be a Wisconsin because the State of Wisconsin's High School Football is superior to Nebraska and again I believe Frost can recruit, but getting players like Tommy Frazier to leave the State of Florida for Nebraska is long gone IMHO.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It shouldn't go unnoticed... UCF also hired Randy Shannon to be their new DC.

In addition to being a great defensive coach... he is the most respected recruiter in the state of FL... especially in South FL where much of the best talent comes from. Huge get for UCF.

Heupel runs a very similar offense to Frost. His O was lighting up the SEC scoreboards to the tune of 50+ multiple times this year.

Hey @Ramhusker
Did you know that Frost had a change of heart about going back home to NE during the process? He was actually going to stay here after initially telling NE he would join them... he told them that he had changed his mind and that he couldn't leave UCF. That's when the legend Tom Osborne (dirty bastard) called Frost on the phone. Tom didn't beg Frost... he just told him to do what his heart told him to do. Obviously he has some kind of Jedi mind control powers. So only after that call from Tom did Frost change his mind back to joining NE. If Tom hadn't made that call , Frost would have stayed at UCF.

Frost is going to coach UCF in their Bowl game against Auburn though. Very unusual... but that is what he says he's going to do.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

In addition to being a great defensive coach... he is the most respected recruiter in the state of FL... especially in South FL where much of the best talent comes from. Huge get for UCF.

Heupel runs a very similar offense to Frost. His O was lighting up the SEC scoreboards to the tune of 50+ multiple times this year.

Hey @Ramhusker
Did you know that Frost had a change of heart about going back home to NE during the process? He was actually going to stay here after initially telling NE he would join them... he told them that he had changed his mind and that he couldn't leave UCF. That's when the legend Tom Osborne (dirty bastard) called Frost on the phone. Tom didn't beg Frost... he just told him to do what his heart told him to do. Obviously he has some kind of Jedi mind control powers. So only after that call from Tom did Frost change his mind back to joining NE. If Tom hadn't made that call , Frost would have stayed at UCF.

Frost is going to coach UCF in their Bowl game against Auburn though. Very unusual... but that is what he says he's going to do.
I love that Frost is going to coach the bowl game. That just screams "Class" to me. You finish what you started. You don't leave your teammates hanging because you don't want to hurt your draft status and you don't leave the team hanging when you take another coaching job. I think it's nothing but CLASS from Frost.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'll be down your way Selassie on New Year's Day. I might even take in the LSU/ND game that day.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hey @Ramhusker

I like the Heupel hire, and Shannon is a good recruiter, but I don't like him as a DC. He plays a passive bend but don't break defense that runs games upfront rather than blitzing. It's very frustrating to watch. It's a vanilla scheme that relies on the talent to do the work. Anyways, UCF still did well for itself.