Tyoka Jackson has a lot to say...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
The Morning After Show

SEGMENT 5 - Tyoka Jackson: Fear of expecting a competitive Rams game against the Jaguars on Sunday, Sam Bradford not getting the job done, Bradford not able to turn playmakers into weapons, seeing Blaine Gabbert back in STL, wondering if Maurice Jones-Drew can get going against the Rams, the pure disappointing factors on the Rams squad, not having personnel to run the ball even though that is the game plan and wondering why the Rams traded up to draft WR Tavon Austin.

[mp3]http://www.insidestlaudio.com/ITD_Audio/100413-5Tyoka.mp3[/mp3]

V3

Hall of Fame
News Bot said:
The Morning After Show

SEGMENT 5 - Tyoka Jackson: Fear of expecting a competitive Rams game against the Jaguars on Sunday, Sam Bradford not getting the job done, Bradford not able to turn playmakers into weapons, seeing Blaine Gabbert back in STL, wondering if Maurice Jones-Drew can get going against the Rams, the pure disappointing factors on the Rams squad, not having personnel to run the ball even though that is the game plan and wondering why the Rams traded up to draft WR Tavon Austin.

I still don't get why they traded up for Austin. Didn't like it at the time. Still don't. You don't take 5'8" slot receivers with the 8th pick in the draft AND give up your 2nd rounder to get him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
V3 said:
News Bot said:
The Morning After Show

I still don't get why they traded up for Austin. Didn't like it at the time. Still don't. You don't take 5'8" slot receivers with the 8th pick in the draft AND give up your 2nd rounder to get him.
Jury's still out on that, obviously, so I can't say one way or another if it was wise. IF he becomes the punt returner we always needed AND gets up to speed with the offense while being utilized as was intended, then it could very well be worth it. I was on the Cordarrelle Patterson train FWIW...

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
X said:
V3 said:
News Bot said:
The Morning After Show

Jury's still out on that, obviously, so I can't say one way or another if it was wise. IF he becomes the punt returner we always needed AND gets up to speed with the offense while being utilized as was intended, then it could very well be worth it. I was on the Cordarrelle Patterson train FWIW...

He is the punt returner we always needed. We just can't get Ray Ray and co. to stop putting hands in people's backs. He'll return one to the house Sunday, maybe two if they kick it to him again after that. You heard it here first!

V3

Hall of Fame
X said:
V3 said:
News Bot said:
The Morning After Show

Just for the record, I was one that didn't really like where we were and wanted to trade down. If they couldn't trade down, I wanted either Eifert (before we got Cook) or Patterson. I was with you on Patterson.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish we'd see more Tavon Austin at HB. Sadly, he seems like our best HB right now.

Even though Tavon has had some drop problems(common rookie issue), I wish Sam would give him some more chances. Tavon is getting separation on film. Even on intermediate routes.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wow...Tyoka Jackson, that's a name I haven't cared about in quite some time.

iced

V3 said:
News Bot said:
The Morning After Show

I liked the move and still do.

good thing he's not just a slot receiver, even if that's how you see him. he's clearly more than just than that by the way the coaching staff has tried to use him in different positions. He'd probably have way better numbers right now if this team could execute blocking assignments. saw a couple plays where he goes the distance if cook and a receiver get their blocks, nothing between him and the endzone if they even half ass attempt to block.

By the way, sounds hypocritical if he's criticizing bradford for not making playmakers into weapons but then criticize for trading up.. pick your stance - either he isnt or is a weapon

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jrry32 said:
I wish we'd see more Tavon Austin at HB.

not if they're just gonna run him up the gut. he has no chance.