Tyler Higbee Talks About Progress Of Young Players & Previews Divisional Matchups | Inside Rams Camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

higbee said he had knee surgery last offseason and his knee was troubling him a little in the first half of the season. that's probably why he looked like he had concrete blocks for feet when he was running.

he's fully healthy now apparently so it should be a big season for him.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Higbee isn't an all pro tight end. He's never been a pro bowler. But he's one of the better ones around he league. He's a well balanced tight end who can play in the run game or make plays catching the ball.

I've seen talk about trading him for more picks. But like the Jefferson trade discussion, if they expect to surprise everyone those guys are needed. What they would get in return would not be worth losing what they bring to the offense.

Judge Doom

Margot Robbie's Future Love Slave
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Higbee fits perfectly with this team and that's all that matters.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Higbee fits perfectly with this team and that's all that matters.

Dude I’m not going to stop talking about it.

From my perspective Brycen Hopkins looks like a ALL PRO!!

Talk about a switch turning on.Raheem Morris saw me yelling his name.I couldn’t be any more HAPPY FOR HIM!!!

That said Tyler Higbee is in a perfect place & time with The Rams.All he does is get open & do the little things.
Can’t wait for Davis Allen or Hunter Long to get back.
That #83 looks good as well.

If there is a NEW recipe for The NFL it’s Kelce in KC. When you get a guy 6’4 245 running around down field full speed there hard to stop.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Higbee cutting his hair & having a child is going to be a good thing.He is ready to go.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Higbee isn't an all pro tight end. He's never been a pro bowler. But he's one of the better ones around he league. He's a well balanced tight end who can play in the run game or make plays catching the ball.

I've seen talk about trading him for more picks. But like the Jefferson trade discussion, if they expect to surprise everyone those guys are needed. What they would get in return would not be worth losing what they bring to the offense.

It really depends on where the Rams are around the early October Trade Deadline imo. Also, injuries for other play-off bound teams if we aren't one of them.
Seems Higbee, Noteboom, Jefferson & Allen could all be move candidates if the compensation is right.
jmo.

Last edited:

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Dude I’m not going to stop talking about it.

From my perspective Brycen Hopkins looks like a ALL PRO!!

Talk about a switch turning on.Raheem Morris saw me yelling his name.I couldn’t be any more HAPPY FOR HIM!!!

That said Tyler Higbee is in a perfect place & time with The Rams.All he does is get open & do the little things.
Can’t wait for Davis Allen or Hunter Long to get back.
That #83 looks good as well.

If there is a NEW recipe for The NFL it’s Kelce in KC. When you get a guy 6’4 245 running around down field full speed there hard to stop.
I hope your right man - I really wished Hopkins built on his SB performance last year but the Offense wasn’t exactly cooking all season long

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I hope your right man - I really wished Hopkins built on his SB performance last year but the Offense wasn’t exactly cooking all season long

Hopkins only received 11 Targets last year (7 receptions), ... I blame the coaches far more than Hopkins.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Y
Yeah - agree,but if you went to training camp you’d see the difference that made for him mentally.
Brycen Hopkins & Higbee were basically the ONLY 2 TE’s on The Rams in 2023. The game he had blocking for Cam Akers & then Cam Akers blocking for him was HIGHLIGHTED!!! It showed a lot IMO(Mcvay’s & JB’s).
Seeing Brycen HOPKINS NOW? I’m saying he looks AMAZING!! He looks like Tyler Higbee,but Faster & Stronger.When he goes up for the ball he is FEARLESS!!

We’ll see if I’m right,but don’t expect to see him in the preseason. The #83 is a nice player who might make the roster.
Davies Allen though will be a lot of playing time in the preseason.I don’t know what happened to Hunter Long. Mcvay said there being smart with Allen & his hammy.

Nicola doesn’t look like his name sake.More like a surfer dude.He just gets after it.He did this dummy drill & tried to block it & run over it.It looked like he was trying to BED the DUMMY! Landed right on top of it & was trying to get back up to his feet. He kept his motor running.
He runs good routes & actualy looks the part of a solid NFL player.

dang

Legend

higbee said he had knee surgery last offseason and his knee was troubling him a little in the first half of the season. that's probably why he looked like he had concrete blocks for feet when he was running.

he's fully healthy now apparently so it should be a big season for him.

I did not know about Higs having knee surgery. If I had it would have helped explain the “feet of concrete” that I saw for a good portion of the season. Not moving fluidly may also have affected his ability to adjust to balls resulting in some moments of unsure hands. I have to apologize for not knowing that and factoring it into my posts. I’ll watch open minded this season and hope that Higs has a banner season. I’ll try to make amendments by being the first to praise him this year for any stellar play. Go Higs!!