Two other things I'm proud of today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
1) we shook off what I considered a bad call. Quick gets flagged for 15 on a questionable personal foul and still score a TD.

2) Teams struggle after playing a Monday night game. Check the numbers on teams that played Monday night and the results the following Sunday. The numbers are probably worse against the SB champs. SF looked a little rough too.

We weren't perfect but today was a big win for this team.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm very happy about the win. Plus the 49ers got a beat down today. Gonna be a nice week.

But I'm not optimistic about our future games with this defense. They were so bad they forced Fisher to take a helluva chance on that fake. I'm sure their poor play factored into that decision. Decisions like that can cost a coach his job if it doesn't work.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm just proud of the fact we got some sacks and didn't foil in another high scoring contest. Are we growing up? Team looks worlds better than from week 1 to now. Hopefully that continues, tough away stretch.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm proud that we won, finally executing when we needed to.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm proud of our unselfish players like Hill and Stacy, that don't have to be traded away because they get disgruntled every time things don't go as they want.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm proud of our unselfish players like Hill and Stacy, that don't have to be traded away because they get disgruntled every time things don't go as they want.
I think Stacy is still nicked up. The way Mason was carrying the ball, they can justify sitting Zac. I wouldn't be surprised if Mason has a smaller role next week after fumbling.

Alan

Legend
Boston Ram talking about Quick's penalty:
1) we shook off what I considered a bad call. Quick gets flagged for 15 on a questionable personal foul and still score a TD.
I'm not sure if Quick was targeted again after getting that penalty. I wonder if this was Fisher making good on his promise concerning stupid penalties and that's why we didn't hear from Quick for the rest of the game.

61Woody

UDFA
Name
Jeff
I'm very happy about the win. Plus the 49ers got a beat down today. Gonna be a nice week.

But I'm not optimistic about our future games with this defense. They were so bad they forced Fisher to take a helluva chance on that fake. I'm sure their poor play factored into that decision. Decisions like that can cost a coach his job if it doesn't work.

Agree but it should be GW getting fired, not Fish.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Agree but it should be GW getting fired, not Fish.

I think that GW doesn't know how to act when having a really good Dline and he has bad habits from trying to cover from no pass rush in the past. When we went to the dime coverage and rushed three or four linemen we looked like last year's pass rush and got sacks.
You have to cover the WR's for at least three seconds to get sacks!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

2) Teams struggle after playing a Monday night game. Check the numbers on teams that played Monday night and the results the following Sunday. The numbers are probably worse against the SB champs. SF looked a little rough too.

We weren't perfect but today was a big win for this team.
You don't think the refs evened that up?
I watched the refs look at the replay on the jumbotron after they'd marched it off in a semi huddle and then what one two plays later we got a half the distance call, IMO we got an even up ,my bro and I were both convinced of that.

As far as the Monday Night thing , not ONLY playing but the stats. on teams that lose to my recollection are staggering ,yeah San Fran got housed

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't think anyone thought the rams would win when they lined up to punt at the end. That d had zero chance of stopping anybody in that second half.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I watched the refs look at the replay on the jumbotron after they'd marched it off in a semi huddle and then what one two plays later we got a half the distance call, IMO we got an even up ,my bro and I were both convinced of that.

As far as the Monday Night thing , not ONLY playing but the stats. on teams that lose to my recollection are staggering ,yeah San Fran got housed

Fair point on the maker call. Normally something bad happens lol. I guess more to the point is we didn't implode.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm not sure if Quick was targeted again after getting that penalty. I wonder if this was Fisher making good on his promise concerning stupid penalties and that's why we didn't hear from Quick for the rest of the game.
Quick had an important catch on that last TD drive.

Alan

Legend
LazyWinker with clarification:
Quick had an important catch on that last TD drive.
Thanks Lazy. So one catch at the start of the game and one catch at the end. o_O That could still be the fallout from the penalty. I know I'd have a zero tolerance on personal fouls if I were in charge. Probably why I'm not in charge. :LOL:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

MAKE UP CALL is exactly what I was thinking when I first saw that. Then I saw the replay... The shecock defender snatched our receiver's helmet clean off his head by the facemask. They had to call that shit... well, unless it was Steve Smith Sr snatching off the helmet.

That WAS a lame call on Quickie though.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
MAKE UP CALL is exactly what I was thinking when I first saw that. Then I saw the replay... The shecock defender snatched our receiver's helmet clean off his head by the facemask. They had to call that crap... well, unless it was Steve Smith Sr snatching off the helmet.

That WAS a lame call on Quickie though.

OK so they got the opportunity.
As you know I went to the game yesterday........... and was on the opposite end of the field when that happened.
Wanna know how I knew we were going to win?........ I forgot to set my recorder :cry: so I have to rely on what I could see and what I'm seeing on TV this Am

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
OK so they got the opportunity.
As you know I went to the game yesterday........... and was on the opposite end of the field when that happened.
Wanna know how I knew we were going to win?........ I forgot to set my recorder :cry: so I have to rely on what I could see and what I'm seeing on TV this Am

I'm just going to selfishly recommend that you must attend all home games in the future.

We need you there Rich !(y)

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I'm just going to selfishly recommend that you must attend all home games in the future.

We need you there Rich !(y)
It was an awesome time ,went down on the field before the game got pics with the cheerleaders but didn't get to talk to the players or Fisher.
There were a lot of Seahawks fans there ,naturally you figure them to be travelling , during the traffic jam after the game there was this guy wanting out of his parking lot in a Seahawk jersey but it was an IL license on the car ,so I didn't let him out:ROFLMAO:
They haven't lost in two years when I was there, Jax last year, I took my top Light the Night donors yesterday if I go again it's gonna be me and Luke ,my grandson,he was upset I didn't take him ,but he's getting a Quinn bobble head ,so he'll be good

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think that GW doesn't know how to act when having a really good Dline and he has bad habits from trying to cover from no pass rush in the past. When we went to the dime coverage and rushed three or four linemen we looked like last year's pass rush and got sacks.
You have to cover the WR's for at least three seconds to get sacks!
That's the same thing I was afraid of from the beginning of the season. Heck, I can't remember a team giving up more first downs on third and long like we do.

We're working almost twice as hard as we need to as a team to cover for that. It is getting better though, and I'll give Williams a year to get this defense together.

Seriously, they're not an easy team to beat, I'm still so giddy about this win that words can't describe.