Two mock drafts, four interesting picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AJ Young

UDFA
Thoughts guys? I'm not sure we'll go WR at all in round one but if we did I think we'd likely spend out second pick on a receiver.

I'd be happy with a DT or safety though.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.downattheone.com/NFL/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.downattheone.com/NFL/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft</a>

bluecoconuts

Legend
Out of those two, I think I'd prefer Tom Anstey's.

I like Tavon Austin, but I'd take Patterson and Vaccaro over him and Short.

iced

I don't forsee Patterson getting past the Bills

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I dont get why so many people have us taking a DT in the first or second round. Are we thin at DT? Sure, but we have 2 very good starters. Drafting a guy that will only have the opportunity to impact the game when he rotates in doesnt make much sense to me. Especially a guy that has a questionable character.

Im all for BPA, but only within certain constraints. IMO you draft BPA in the first only if that guy will have an immediate impact on the field. First round guys are expected to start.

iced

libertadrocks said:
I dont get why so many people have us taking a DT in the first or second round. Are we thin at DT? Sure, but we have 2 very good starters. Drafting a guy that will only have the opportunity to impact the game when he rotates in doesnt make much sense to me. Especially a guy that has a questionable character.

Im all for BPA, but only within certain constraints. IMO you draft BPA in the first only if that guy will have an immediate impact on the field. First round guys are expected to start.

I don't get it either..it's not langford has a small contract either

fastcat

Pro Bowler
iced said:
libertadrocks said:

Its becuase fisher has said he likes a rotation of DL, so no one gets tired late in a game. As long as you have fresh legs beating on the same 5 OL, you WILL win the battle more than none in the 4th qtr and ot. Plus he also said he doesn think of a rotational guy as a backup becuase they all will play alot.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
fastcat said:
iced said:
libertadrocks said:

Its becuase fisher has said he likes a rotation of DL, so no one gets tired late in a game. As long as you have fresh legs beating on the same 5 OL, you WILL win the battle more than none in the 4th qtr and ot. Plus he also said he doesn think of a rotational guy as a backup becuase they all will play alot.

All coaches like a rotation at DT.

The same principle kind of aplies when drafting a LB in the first round. You draft 3 down LBs in the first and avoid players projected as only 2 down LBs. A 3rd DT may only be on the field for 1 of 3 downs. Why use a first round pick on that. You can find a DT to play 1 of 3 downs later in the draft. He isnt going to be a difference maker on the team.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
fastcat said:
iced said:
libertadrocks said:

Fisher has always ran his defense in this manner. And with good players in "depth" its led to some great dline results

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
libertadrocks said:
fastcat said:
iced said:
libertadrocks said:

All coaches like a rotation at DT.

The same principle kind of aplies when drafting a LB in the first round. You draft 3 down LBs in the first and avoid players projected as only 2 down LBs. A 3rd DT may only be on the field for 1 of 3 downs. Why use a first round pick on that. You can find a DT to play 1 of 3 downs later in the draft. He isnt going to be a difference maker on the team.
Yep. There's a time and a place for living and dying with the strict BPA approach.
Drafting a DT in the 1st rd to rotate with your starters isn't one of those times.

Drafting a QB,FB,punter,kicker and yes...a DLineman would be a foolish waste of this 2013 Rams team's 1st rd picks IMO. We already made it a priority to re-sign our #5 DLineman Hayes in FA....more depth can be had there in the latter half of the draft.

WR,OLineman,secondary and OLB help is needed,and it will be there when we draft. Dont get cute Rams,please.