Two Heads Roll In Miami

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/19/report-dolphins-fired-kevin-oneill-in-indianapolis/

Report: Dolphins fired Kevin O’Neill in Indianapolis
Posted by Mike Wilkening

Earlier Wednesday, news broke of the Dolphins’ firing of trainer Kevin O’Neill.

Now, an account of where the firing occurred has surfaced.

And it’s a curious one, to say the least.

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, O’Neill was relieved of his duties in Indianapolis on Wednesday after traveling to the Combine with the club.

O’Neill, Salguero reported, feels as if he were “mischaracterized” in the Wells Report, which did not cast the club’s longtime trainer in the most favorable of lights. O’Neill declined comment on Wednesday, according to the Herald.

The Wells Report was released five days ago. O’Neill’s departure is the first known severance of any Dolphins employee named in the report.

And apparently, traveling to Indianapolis with the Dolphins is no guarantee of continuing employment with the team, according to the Herald report.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/19/dolphins-fire-jim-turner/

Dolphins fire Jim Turner
Posted by Mike Florio

To no surprise (based on the content of the Ted Wells report), the Dolphins have fired offensive line coach Jim Turner.

To some surprise, the firing came five days after the release of the Wells report, which concluded that Turner: (1) participated in the harassment of former Dolphins lineman Andrew McDonald; (2) lied to investigators on multiple occasions (without specifically calling him a liar); and (3) tried to cajole Jonathan Martin into exonerating Richie Incognito by pleading with Martin via text message to “DO THE RIGHT THING.”

“The language and behavior as described in the Ted Wells report are against the core values of our organization,” Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said in a statement announcing the termination of Turner and head trainer Kevin O’Neill. “After receiving the report, I conducted my own internal review of the facts to determine the appropriate steps for our organization. Jim Turner and Kevin O’Neill are good people who care a great deal about their profession and the players whom they serve, but both exhibited poor judgment at times which led me to this conclusion. As owner, I know firsthand of the high-character and dedicated professionals in our building. I believe in our team and know the hard work and sacrifices they make every day on the field and in the community.”

Turner had been with the Dolphins two years. O’Neill spent 18 years in his position as head trainer.

It’ll be interesting to see how the players react to this development, either on the record, off the record, or on Twitter after drinking a few legal beverages.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Dolphins... o_O

What the heck is that mess down there?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
How glad do you guys think Fisher is that he didn't take the Dolphins coaching job?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
How glad do you guys think Fisher is that he didn't take the Dolphins coaching job?

I think he sensed it. I doubt he ever seriously considered them due to the leadership at the top.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Wow I read the thread title and thought, guess they didn't have a pipe.

“After receiving the report, I conducted my own internal review of the facts to determine the appropriate steps for our organization. "

READ: "I wet my finger and stuck it in the wind"