Twitter re: Rams & 11 Personnel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Goin off memory, btw, think I had read that the Skins under McVay in 2017 were at 19% for 12 personnel. Guessing the desire is that 20% range to encompass some redzone and situational stuff.

How the Rams get there, well, that's the rub.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Going forward, we should see these stats altered a bit as our young TE's develop. jmo.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
2017 Rams WR were a strength, TE were a weakness.

With better TEs in 2018 things change, resign Watkins and the 3 WR sets will be high once again.
McVay is a solid coach and you must find a way to get your best players on the field.
Woods, Kupp, and Watkins if back will be on the field for most plays.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
2017 Rams WR were a strength, TE were a weakness.

With better TEs in 2018 things change, resign Watkins and the 3 WR sets will be high once again.
McVay is a solid coach and you must find a way to get your best players on the field.
Woods, Kupp, and Watkins if back will be on the field for most plays.

Really speaks for Kupp in my opinion. Remember early in the season when Kupp was relaying audibles and things to Watkins? Rookie, picked up the offense, helped others pick up the offense, coach finds it best to have him on the field, lit it up when Woods went down

nighttrain

Legend
Really speaks for Kupp in my opinion. Remember early in the season when Kupp was relaying audibles and things to Watkins? Rookie, picked up the offense, helped others pick up the offense, coach finds it best to have him on the field, lit it up when Woods went down
Kupp is a dog bro!
train

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Everrett looked good early on. Even if he didn't progress from his first few starts I thought he earned more of a role throughout the season, but it never happened. The one thing I heard was it was more about his needing to improve as a blocker. Still he looked like a capable downfield threat. I was surprised he wasn't used more.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Everrett looked good early on. Even if he didn't progress from his first few starts I thought he earned more of a role throughout the season, but it never happened. The one thing I heard was it was more about his needing to improve as a blocker. Still he looked like a capable downfield threat. I was surprised he wasn't used more.
Maybe Everett will get used more when our Rookie HC gets used to Play Calling!!(y);):D

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hmmmm

more a player led stat than scheme....I'm sure McVay wanted TE's out there in the seams....

WestCoastRam

Legend
One of the great mysteries from last season for me was Everett being used as a weapon a lot seemingly in the first few games and then disappearing for most of the rest of the season.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
D'Marco Farr said that TE is the position that needs most improvement.

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/961334839000616962

There are so many changes that will happen between now and August. I still have hope the upgrade at tight end will be from within. Everett flashed last year and so did Higbee.

With rookies it’s like in high school. The freshman all look gangly and full of pimples. Rare are the Gurleys and Lattimores that look like they belong from the start. I think Everett may be special, and Higbee can be that second guy, or possibly Hemingway.