Turning Points

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I want to start this off by saying that I know that the refs can't be solely blamed for the Rams losing games. They have mad plenty of mistakes on their own for sure. With that said, I believe that they have made three really bad calls against the Rams, which from that point on, the other teams took control of the game.

Cowboys game: terrible roughing the passer call on 3rd down. Cowboys go and score and keep momentum and eventually win game.

49ers game: terrible call on Cook for offensive pass interference. 49ers get ball back before half and score long td. Control the rest of the game from that call on.

Chiefs game: bad call on 3rd down. KC goes and scores on drive. So far have controlled the game since that call.

I know all teams get bad calls against them. But in my opinion now this is the third game where the other team has benefitted greatly from a bad call, and since that call, has controlled the game and kept momentum. Momentum they would not have if correct calls were made by the refs. Here's to hoping for a Rams comeback.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Have to agree with your assessment of the officiating of the Rams games this year! Almost makes me want to do something other than watch the games! Almost! Rams are sucking on offense today so I'm just going with the flow!

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Until this team can learn to overcome some of these calls, they will struggle. Seems like most games they are going to get really bad calls against them. And so far in this game today, KC has not relinquished momentum since that call.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Rams have had their own opportunities to turn the momentum in their favor. 1st and goal ends up no points. Chiefs get momentum and the game gets out of hand.

Good teams take advantage of opportunities and create enough plays to turn momentum in their favor. Rams are not a good team. In fact, they're not a mediocre team.

Sorry it sounds so simple. But it really is simple. Most the teams they play are better than they are.

V3

Hall of Fame
Every week we have these threads. I can't get pissed at the refs until the Rams show me they're a good team.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Every week we have these threads. I can't get pissed at the refs until the Rams show me they're a good team.

Exactly, this team is weak mentally. One of the downsides of having a young team.

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams have had their own opportunities to turn the momentum in their favor. 1st and goal ends up no points. Chiefs get momentum and the game gets out of hand.

Good teams take advantage of opportunities and create enough plays to turn momentum in their favor. Rams are not a good team. In fact, they're not a mediocre team.

Sorry it sounds so simple. But it really is simple. Most the teams they play are better than they are.

I agree with you. As I said in my first reply on here if they can't find a way to overcome these calls they will struggle. I was just pointing out three instances in my opinion where there was a bad call to swing momentum where the Rams were not able to change back in their favor. Just gets so disappointing because this team has a lot of talent but can't overcome very much adversity at all.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Our coaches are looking really bad in this game. No clue what to do on offense and the defense has been suspect all year.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'd say the turning point was when the Rams got a turnover in the redzone, got two yards on two plays, and promptly took a long sack and missed the field goal, only to watch Kansas City march down for some points. They handed us points, and we killed ourselves. Good teams get 7, mediocre teams get 3, bad teams get 0.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Seems when something goes wrong for the Rams ... the snowball effect comes in and turns into an avalanche