Turning point play: Jared Cook Called for Pass Interference/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Speeps

Starter
That's something I do believe is a strong possibility, which is one of the reasons why this whole bad penalty thing pisses me off even more. The consistency with which we have been snakebitten by these bad calls at the most inopportune times, like the phantom OPI on Cook or the phantom defensive holding on Sim right after a huge sack of Romo gets into these players (and coaches) heads. It makes them play tentatively, and worse, makes them start over thinking things. Instead of focusing on running a good route, getting to the QB, etc., they start thinking first about how to avoid a penalty, or in JJ's case, how to make a big play to overcome the shaft we just got.

This is a young team learning how to win, and it's tough enough to learn how to play well for 60 minutes and overcome your own mistakes. When you add the psychological burden of always having to look over your shoulder for a flag even though you played it right, it becomes that much more difficult to get over the hump. Fisher needs to raise holy hell with the NFL officiating front offices, and he needs to get Kroenke involved if it keeps getting worse. If the bad calls continue to dog us as persistently as they have so far, I guarantee this team will not get over the hump, at least not this year.
I agree with this post. However, don't you think that the players should also get to a point where this kind of stuff doesn't affect them? (which would obviously take some time given our youth and inexperience).

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I agree with this post. However, don't you think that the players should also get to a point where this kind of stuff doesn't affect them?

Hopefully at some point they will, but it's a lot tougher with a young team where guys are still simply just learning to play at this level. We have so many rookies and 2nd year guys who don't have that much NFL experience yet. I just want them to get a somewhat level playing field, or at least see the bad calls even out instead of being so totally lopsided in one direction. That way at least the young guys can stop worrying about it and get on with just learning how to carry out their own assignments.

VilleDeal

UDFA
Haven't had much time to read all of the threads about blown calls.... But I am hoping I am not the only one that saw the hook our defensive lineman got on the touchdown pass to Bolden later in the game.. They showed the play a few times commenting on kapernick's throw, never mentioning the only reason he was still standing was because of the hold...omg

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Haven't had much time to read all of the threads about blown calls.... But I am hoping I am not the only one that saw the hook our defensive lineman got on the touchdown pass to Bolden later in the game.. They showed the play a few times commenting on kapernick's throw, never mentioning the only reason he was still standing was because of the hold...omg
It's all part of the problem! Blind eye to the problem we have with officials. Rams aren't the chosen team!