Turf Show Times trolls Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hug. My. Nuts.

That is all.

Okay...

cute-hugging-bear-cookies-maa-tamagosan-fb__700.jpg

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

"seven" and "nine" and "bullcrap" ?????

seven OF nine bullcrap ???

b0bc4a3562cc45eb0e1a8258f6e335ad.jpg

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Turf Show Times is a great twitter follow. They will say what most of us are thinking. I noticed recently Vincent Bonsignore, columnist for LA Daily news is also taking a no nonsense approach to reporting on the Rams. Fans deserve the full story, not just the fluffy pro Rams reports. Its OK to be a passionate fan and not agree with the results. Those fans that are happy with 12 losing seasons in a row I question.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
May as well call it 4-3 because there is no way they lose to the Giants

Ellard80

Legend
I disagree. It's a statement made to try to change the culture and mindset of his players more than anything. I thought it was a refreshing, ballsy statement. Unfortunately it found its way onto a reality tv show and now all of the armchair turd burgers think its cute.

I realize Fisher is a polarizing figure (for good reason) but i think he deserves a little more respect from this fanbase.

The point is when he said it... it was a bunch of BS and we all knew it.

When you say stuff and it might come back to bite you that's life and you have to deal with it - respect or not.

We have all been there.

I'd gladly eat crow btw if somehow he can make these words reality.

Last edited:

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Like I say every year......it's the Rams job to win games and entertain the fans not the other way around. The Rams suck and it's their job to prove to us that they are better.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
May as well call it 4-3 because there is no way they lose to the Giants

Your kidding, right? This team loses winnable games every season under Fisher. The last two were more winnable than the Giants, who scored 37 in St Lou in 14' with Eli and Beckum when we had Tru an JJ and niether will go this week.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'd gladly eat crow btw if somehow he can make these words reality.
Not if he makes them reality by winning 6 games, lolz. He never mentioned 6 and 10 now did he!!??

ram007

Starter
How dare the critics point the record of our dear leader?
This should immediately be reported to central commission.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

2007 season (Scott Linehan) - 0-6 first 6 games
2008 season (Scott Linehan) - 2-4 first 6 games
2009 season (Steve Spagnuolo) - 0-6 first 6 games
2010 season (Steve Spagnuolo) - 3-3 first 6 games
2011 season (Steve Spagnuolo) - 0-6 first 6 games

Not happy with the current mediocrity either but I do try to keep things in perspective. If Jeff Fisher was fired this week, I wouldn't shed a tear as long as we hired a new head coach who could get us to the next level. Who that would be, I have no idea.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yeah i watched the same show you did.
Why do you feel the need to quote it for me?
nixweiss.gif

Since you asked, I'll answer. I'm courteous that way. :sneaky: I was simply providing verbal facts for the particular opinion I have. My point is that you don't say stuff like that, especially when you know it's gonna be on TV ... if you don't have a real plan to back it up. Unless your grandiose plan is to not have any DB or LB depth, and to trade away the future for someone you're sitting on the bench. (And I Love Keenum by the way. Great guy. Pretty darn good QB)

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Since you asked, I'll answer. I'm courteous that way. :sneaky: I was simply providing verbal facts for the particular opinion I have. My point is that you don't say stuff like that, especially when you know it's gonna be on TV ... if you don't have a real plan to back it up. Unless your grandiose plan is to not have any DB or LB depth, and to trade away the future for someone you're sitting on the bench. (And I Love Keenum by the way. Great guy. Pretty darn good QB)

Moreover, he HAD to know how raw Goff was and that his plan was likely to include Goff sitting for some period. Now he couldn't have known if it was 2 game sit 10 or the whole season, but the idea that he inferred an 11+ win season with a rookie playing part of that season (maybe) or to expect Keenum to guide THIS offense to an 11+ win season... Well, that's just delusional. And, yeah, I see how we've been in games and all, but with how inconsistent this team has been and continues to be. The idea that THIS YEAR, we'd get every call, execute every key play and get every bounce which is what would have to happen for Case Keenum to lead us to an 11+ win season... Fans can think that way, but you can't think that way when it's part of your job. That's barely any different than expecting to go 16-0...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Moreover, he HAD to know how raw Goff was and that his plan was likely to include Goff sitting for some period. Now he couldn't have known if it was 2 game sit 10 or the whole season, but the idea that he inferred an 11+ win season with a rookie playing part of that season (maybe) or to expect Keenum to guide THIS offense to an 11+ win season... Well, that's just delusional. And, yeah, I see how we've been in games and all, but with how inconsistent this team has been and continues to be. The idea that THIS YEAR, we'd get every call, execute every key play and get every bounce which is what would have to happen for Case Keenum to lead us to an 11+ win season... Fans can think that way, but you can't think that way when it's part of your job. That's barely any different than expecting to go 16-0...
I think you're overthinking it.

It was an utterance meant to put the team on track towards a goal, and to let them know that he wouldn't be accepting stupid shit on the team. If you remember, he said that in response to a guy who broke team rules and brought a chick into the dorms and let her stay overnight. It was because of that guy's disregard for team rules that made him escalate his speech to include his own goal of accepting only excellence, obedience and discipline. And that, subsequently, meant that the team would prosper as a result. So saying, "That's 7-9 bullshit" really means, "That's the stupid kind of shit that destroys a team's chances of being great." And saying that he wasn't going 7-9, meant what it meant. He'll accept no stupid shit that could derail a successful season.

It's another matter entirely if it comes to fruition. Saying so doesn't make him delusional. It's just a speech.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I think you're overthinking it.

It was an utterance meant to put the team on track towards a goal, and to let them know that he wouldn't be accepting stupid crap on the team. If you remember, he said that in response to a guy who broke team rules and brought a chick into the dorms and let her stay overnight. It was because of that guy's disregard for team rules that made him escalate his speech to include his own goal of accepting only excellence, obedience and discipline. And that, subsequently, meant that the team would prosper as a result. So saying, "That's 7-9 bullcrap" really means, "That's the stupid kind of crap that destroys a team's chances of being great." And saying that he wasn't going 7-9, meant what it meant. He'll accept no stupid crap that could derail a successful season.

It's another matter entirely if it comes to fruition. Saying so doesn't make him delusional. It's just a speech.

Well, I saw that and get that. I'm also mindful how words mean things. There were dozens of ways he could have expressed his dissatisfaction. However, he specifically chose to use a metric that a) he had to know would be held as a standard and b) for all his years as a player and coach, had to know media and fans would focus on such a staunch, specific stance.

This team hadn't been better than 7-9 under Fisher and in response to poor behavior, he declares...emphatically, that THIS team will outperform every previous Rams team of his by at least 50% with respect to wins.

So either he was using hyperbole to make a point about players acting responsibility or he wanted to set a bar.

If he wanted to set a bar... I think it's clear he planned poorly.