Turf show times: Benjamin Albright interview on Mcvay hire

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
I would love one of these top tier TEs in this draft. Even a Jake Butt in the 3rd-4th round would be awesome. There are a lot of athletic pass catching Tight Ends in this draft.

Scirca

Rookie
Lol Jared Goff a 2nd day prospect, plus all that other Ryan Leaf nonsense...... Bunch of morons with a microphone.

Last edited:

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I would love one of these top tier TEs in this draft. Even a Jake Butt in the 3rd-4th round would be awesome. There are a lot of athletic pass catching Tight Ends in this draft.
I'm ok going with Kendricks and Higbee with higs the stater. I think he has a lot of ability that wasn't showcased in Boras offense. I would rather look for help on the secondary/O-line/LB in the draft.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol Jared Goff a 2nd day prospect, plus all that other Ryan Leaf nonsense...... Bunch of morons with a microphone.

Myself and Allbright have had discussions in the past regarding QB prospects. He's a knowledgeable guy, but like all of us, he's wrong as often as he's right. He has some controversial stances on the position. And as full of himself as he is, he's nothing more than a knowledgeable fan with a voice. Nothing wrong with that.

I respect his opinions, but I certainly am not going to defer to them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm ok going with Kendricks and Higbee with higs the stater. I think he has a lot of ability that wasn't showcased in Boras offense. I would rather look for help on the secondary/O-line/LB in the draft.

I'm ready to move on from Kendricks at the price he currently costs.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Might be some interesting names at TE this year if we want to go that route. Julius Thomas is one guy who apparently might be available, which is very intriguing.

Also, fine at WR? Uh..no.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I honestly don't know why I am the only one that is bringing up Vernon Davis's name. It's not like I love the guy. But he is a tight end, who also succeeded in McVay's offense. He produced in that offense this year when Reed was down - and at times when Reed was playing.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I honestly don't know why I am the only one that is bringing up Vernon Davis's name. It's not like I love the guy. But he is a tight end, who also succeeded in McVay's offense. He produced in that offense this year when Reed was down - and at times when Reed was playing.
He's getting up there in age

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
He's getting up there in age

I'm not arguing that, he'll be 33 next season. He still entered the league as a premier athlete and has been apart of teams that had to be retooled/culture change. We need veteran leaders and I could see him fitting in nicely.

FRO

Legend
Even if you have faith in Higbee, you need to draft a TE in this draft. So many good TEs in this draft.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'm not arguing that, he'll be 33 next season. He still entered the league as a premier athlete and has been apart of teams that had to be retooled/culture change. We need veteran leaders and I could see him fitting in nicely.
I watched him this year in DC and he was pretty awful for the most part. I love me some Vernon (Terps fan here) and have had the pleasure of watching playoff hockey with him, lol, but he did NOT look like his old self last season. He looked more like his old self.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
After Jeremy Sprinkle's little shopping spree at Arkansas's bowl game, he might be available much later than originally planned....I remember last year watching Arkansas's bowl game for the TE at the time (sorry name escapes me, but was thought to be the #1 TE available)....and Sprinkle was easily the best TE on the field. I haven't really followed him this year other than the unfortunate pre bowl game issue.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He says they are OK with receivers but want to upgrade TE
I'm equally OK with our WR's and TE's! The improvement in our Offense has to come at O-Line First!! QB - RB will improve as our trenches improve! It's really that simple!!!!:shades: