Tuesday Notes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Most of the practice took place on the far field. Some of the individual squads worked on closer to the fans, but the 11 on 11 took place on the far field.

QB-Bradford had his best day of the summer thus far. There was a 20 yeard quick dig he threw early on that had a ton of heat on it. They continue to show the play action roll outs that he had so much success with in his rookie year.

Shaun Hill had a terrible day. He looked himself right into an easy interception for Joyner early Then toward the end of the session he threw right into a linebacker (that I could not see) . I also note that he has a lot of trouble being accurate when he has to put it on a line right down the middle. Basically he is an out side the hash marks/check down type of QB.

Gilbert on the other hand had a really good day and looked sharp.

Austin Davis to his credit stayed after the regulars left the field and worked with the street free agents and undrafted rookies so that everyone got reps today.

RB-I thought Bennie looked very good today, cut quickly and and looked great running.

They have and continue to run a lot of multiple receiver sets with Austin in the backfield motioning out and taking handoffs.

WR/TE-Quick is getting a lot of buzz on twitter from fans besides myself.

Its hard to convey how much better he looks, he keeps himself much lower into and out of his breaks, looks a helluva lot more confident and seems to improved his concentration. He had a couple of brilliant catches today. At this point all you can do is wait and see if he can translate into a game.

A kid named Jordan Harris from Blake University in Massachusetts had one of the best catches of camp so far and then allowed his next chance to bounce off his facemask.

Britt was his usual self, annoyed McGee on a deep ball and caught everything in sight.

Oline-Demetrius Rhaney seems to get matched up with Donald most of the time when they do the match up drill. He mostly gets it handed to him and one rep would have smashed Austin Davis all over the field but he battles and is starting to win a few

I don't have much of a read on the linebackers or Dbacks today....I spent all the 11 on 11 watching the QBs for a distance.

Tomorrow is closed

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Hate to hear the Shaun Hill stuff. Had high hopes for him..........but then I have high hopes for any/everyone in a Rams uniform. I'm a super Homer. :whistle:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was happy with the Hill signing as well.
I think he'll be fine. He's learning a new offense.
Just the same, I hope he never sees the field on game day, unless it's a 4th quarter blow out.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Rhaney will benefit from the extra challenge of going against Donald - is he PS material?

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Buffalo I think so, he really battles and despite getting roasted never gives up or backs down.

My buddies and I said the same thing you all just about Hill.....if that is what he has got come Oline....

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Every day with Sam has shown improvement. Today he was lights out

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Hate to hear the Shaun Hill stuff. Had high hopes for him..........but then I have high hopes for any/everyone in a Rams uniform. I'm a super Homer. :whistle:

Hill will be fine, he hasn't played in 2 years, but we're lucky to have him, he's a solid #2.....or at least he has been up to this point.

FRO

Legend
Hill is known as a gamer. It's been said he never really looks good in practice, but once he gets into a game he is pretty effective. That being said he could have lost it and suck. I think he will be fine however.

Philly5

Rookie
Nice to hear the positive comments on Quick. If he is a player we got a shot to be good.