TST Staff Predictions: Bears@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/1...hicago-bears-week-10-predictions-expert-picks

St. Louis Rams vs. Chicago Bears: Week 10 Staff Predictions
By Brandon Bate@NoPlanB

GettyImages-387665.0.jpg

Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

The St. Louis Rams [4-4] host the Chicago Bears [3-5] in Week 10. Can they bounce back from a loss and get back above .500? The Turf Show Times’ staff have their predictions...

The Bears are on a short week, having bested the Chargers on Monday Night Football. They made a strong comeback late in the game, scoring 15 in the fourth quarter to secure victory in San Diego. The Rams are looking to rebound from a disappointing 21-18 road loss against the Minnesota Vikings.

The Rams will most likely rely on rookie running back Todd Gurley to help get the offense going. But they’ll need to be better than last week in the passing game, and especially on third downs where they struggle mightily.

Can the Rams’ put it all together this Sunday and get back above .500? They’ll need to if they hope to remain in hunt for a playoff spot. The Turf Show Times’ staff have their predictions on how this one plays out...

Sean Wilkinson [@Papa_Lurch]
The Bears don't provide bear the test that the Vikings did. Jay Cutler is mistake prone and I expect Gregg Williams and the Rams D to force multiple turnovers. All Nick Foles and the Pass Offense will have to do is keep from turning the ball over, which they have done fairly well this season.

The Bears will have their share of big plays, but I think a defensive score could be the difference between a Rams win and a Bears upset.

Prediction: Rams win 27-19

EddieP [@iAmEddieP_]
After the tough loss last week, I see the Rams……losing again.

The Rams are a good team, but if one of their two offensive weapons doesn't score, it's a done deal. Last week, the man-child Todd Gurley II found the end zone. Tavon didn't. Both have to be on point for this team to win. To say we need to be more diverse offensively is pointless, we know it's futile to ask other players to produce on offense - they simply won’t.

Defensively, we're pretty incredible. The Rams can get to Jay Cutler. The return of S TJ McDonald & Robert Quinn should strengthen a rush defense that did limit Adrian Peterson, but still allowed him 125 rushing yards.

Prediction: Bears win 24-20

Tevin Broner [@T_Bron]
Well I predict this game will be 28-24. Todd Gurley will have to continue to carry the team and get a couple of touchdowns, but it is possible. The Bears secondary is weak so that means the Rams could get two 30+ yard gains in the passing game. All in all, the Rams defense will make Cutler life a living hell.

Prediction: Rams win 28-24

DouglasM [@thenovelroad]
This is the week... A perfect storm is building for the St. Louis Rams, and it's the Chicago Bears who are going to get rained on...

Rams fans are going to see the St. Louis offense go off this week - a one week show? - and it will have the team riding high into Week 11 against Baltimore. The Bears' win against San Diego last Sunday was their best effort of the year, with Jeremy Langford taking over for an injured Matt Forte.

Jay Cutler looked good, and Alshon Jeffrey looked every bit a WR1. I think they played a bit over their heads, but it's a great sign of life for Bears fans. Now they journey to St. Louis, where a hungry Rams team returns after a hard fought loss to Minnesota.

Key players on defense like Robert Quinn and T.J. McDonald will be needed, and if Chris Long gets back in the line up it seals a big defensive day for the Rams. But it's going to be the first time the Rams OFFENSE truly shines that'll make this game against Chicago special.

When I look at this match up, it screams a HUGE day for Todd Gurley. SpeedyTavon Austin is going to shine, and there isn't anyone for Chicago who can consistently stop him. Nick Foles is going to tickle the 300 yard passing edge, with Kenny Britt most likely being the beneficiary. I see 6 to 7 catches for 90 yards and a score for Britt.

Add in how Jeff Fisher's players may want to shove the "dirty player" smack talk - that's circling around in the media - down someone's throat, and this game could be big as St. Louis sets its sights toward a post season run.

Prediction: Rams win big 27-3

GoRamsGo
I see this game as a pretty winnable game, and since Todd Gurley entered the lineup, the Rams have won the should-win games. The loss to the Vikings was disappointing, but it was expected to be a close game going in, and it was. Ironically, I predicted a one point win--curse that two point conversion fail.

Anyways, the defense has been playing at a high level and routinely stops less-than-average offenses. Todd Gurley and Tavon Austin will continue to provide a spark to this offense as the Bears don't have the defense that the Vikings do, and the Rams will win this one.

Prediction: Rams win 24-17

BMule [@_BMule]
Rams are 1-7 vs NFC N since Fisher came to town. The only win came vs the Bears in 2013. It was a slaughter. You'll probably have heard "the Bears aren't as bad as you think" all week. That's great and all but I think the Rams respond from last week's loss with classic Fisher ball. Lots of Gurley, lots of defense, and a back to earth Jay Cutler. I think Rams win comfortably boosted by a defensive TD.

Prediction: Rams win 27-13

Mike Dietrich [@dvond]
This is looking like it sets up too easy for the Rams but I am concerned. The Bears offense is explosive and with the lack of pass rush the Rams had last week, Cutler will rip them apart if the same happens unlike Bridgewater. The Bears defense has also improved holding Rivers to only 280 passing yards. The Rams passing offense is maybe the worst in the league and its not getting better soon. But I think the Rams will eek out a close one...

Prediction: Rams win 20-17

Eric Nagel [@Eric_nagel]
Rams plan for Sunday: Gurley, defense.

Bears plan for Sunday: Stop Todd Gurley, win.

Both teams will be looking to bounce back and I think it could go either way.

Prediction: Rams win 17-12

VTRamsFan [@PeterDunbar7]
Home Sweet Home!!!

Prediction: Rams win 27-19

northwestRAMSfan [@troilus22]
The Rams let one slip away on the road last week. Todd Gurley, while still impressive, wasn't the most dominant player on the field. Ultimately the game was lost on a few key plays, notably a questionable two point conversion attempt.

The Bears defense gives up nearly 5 yards per carry, potentially a good opportunity for Gurley to get back over the century mark. The Rams may also be welcoming back a few key starters who missed last week. The Rams need Quinn in the lineup to complement Donald and Brockers in the middle. The pass rush sorely missed Quinn last week, while the offensive line paid double for Havenstein's absence.

The Rams have to put last week behind them and take care of business at home if they are going to be taken seriously from here out. A convincing win against the Bears could set the tone for a playoff run. Rams win as Gurley and Austin each find pay dirt.
Prediction: Rams win 23-10

sergey606 [@thatSergey]
I think this is one of those "blowout" games for the Rams. If you have looked at my record, I have picked the Rams to lose every single week this season, because when I typically picked the Rams to win, they don't. That strategy didn't work, as I've gone 4 and 4. So screw it.

Gurley runs for 200 yards, 3 TDs; Foles throws for close to 300 and 3 TDs; Bears do nothing on offense as our defense holds them to "typical-Rams-offense" numbers (especially with recent news that Jeffery is banged-up).

Prediction: Rams win 38-6.

taiko [@RamsHerd]
The Rams' pass offense has been getting worse on a weekly basis, and the defense is missing key pieces. Suddenly you have a team that is far from its potential. I don't like the Rams' chances of playing far ahead of their competition in this one, even against a fairly bad Bears team.

However, I had the Rams winning this one in my season preview, and still think they will pull it out in a weird one with at least one defensive score.

Prediction: Rams win 29-21

3k [@3k_]
My dreams is censored, my hopes are gone
I'm like a fiend that finally sees when all the dope is gone
My nerves is wrecked, heart beating and my hands are swollen
Thinking of the G's I'll be holdin'
Picture me rollin'

Prediction: Rams win 19-10

Brandon Bate [@NoPlanB_]
While I fear this one will be closer than it should be, I see the Rams relying heavily on Todd Gurley against a Bears’ defense that ranks 24th in the NFL against the run; giving up 121 yards per game. And let’s face it, even if they had the No. 1 rush defense, the Rams are going to rely on Gurley anyway.

I’m going to take the Rams at home this week. They’ll knock Jay Cutler around enough to get him all pissed off and off his game.

Prediction: Rams win, 27-20

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Except for one odd ball I Like this^! Especially the ones predicting a huge Blow-Out on the Rams part!!:mrburnsevil::homercrawl: