TST: Rams need to call the Denver Broncos about QB's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I say we trade Keenum!
shovel.gif

Ram Man

Rookie
Next person who suggests we get rid of Keenum is getting a foot in their ass.

This. So many people here want to see Goff start game 1 this year, ready or not. I wouldn't be so quick to throw him to the wolves with little experience and no one to catch the ball. If Goff struggles and Keenum has been jettisoned the Rams will have thrown away their season.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It's possible that Rams make a deal with Denver. Much riskier to trade Keenum but possible.

How so? I think with a Goff or a Wentz waiting in the wings, it might only be a matter of 8 games (or less) we'd have a veteran starter. The O line improved as the year went on so perhaps with an off season and training camp, they might solidify even more. That would help any QB back there. Foles or Keenum would only be around half a season unless they played lights out....in which case we'd have a) a good record; b) youngster waiting to take over the reigns and c) a vet who will bring us some nice compensation in an off season trade next year. My money says Foles is much more apt to play "lights out" than Keenum. He's done it before.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keenum is a free agent after this season, so no compensation (except possibly a comp pick which depends on any free agents the Rams sign) for him. Foles makes $12 million next season, which would reduce compensation for him significantly, especially since he's a free agent after that.

The chance of a mid round pick for Keenum in a year has to be factored in for him, of course, when the Rams decide what would be an acceptable offer for him. A future 7th would be laughed at. A first this year would likely be accepted. Much more likely that any offer would fall in between, and the Rams would have to decide if it were acceptable. I don't expect Keenum to be traded. I think Foles likely will for a late round pick or two, or as part of a trade to move up. That $1.75 million salary for 2016 has to be tempting, after all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They could have used a 2nd round tender and Denver might have bit (doubt it)
I'd be much happier with that scenario
I like Keenum and all but the reality is that neither Foles or Keenum offers more than Sanchez

Strongly disagree on Sanchez over Keenum. I'd take Case over him and it isn't close, and to the Broncos he is familiar with their system. Broncs would jump on Case in a heartbeat for less than round 1 compensation.

And before you ask why they wouldn't just offer the Rams a round 2 pick for him, they might do that still. But the key is the Rams did not take chances with their projected starting QB which was very wise. Had they done that and lost him and not been able to move up it would have been catastrophic.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Broncs would jump on Case in a heartbeat for less than round 1 compensation
Stop
Rams got him for a 7th rounder after a 2-0 finish
I like the guy but let's be serious here.
Denver was only willing to give up a 4th for Kaepernick, what does that make Keenum worth? a 6th?

Ram Man

Rookie
Stop
Rams got him for a 7th rounder after a 2-0 finish
I like the guy but let's be serious here.
Denver was only willing to give up a 4th for Kaepernick, what does that make Keenum worth? a 6th?

Related question: What does it make Foles worth?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Rams cannot trade Keenum until they know wtf they have in Mannion. It's not an option, because Denver's not going to wow them with pick compensation, thus he will be worth more to us than them.

Or... they could trade Mannion... cuz the Rams know what they have in Keenum and don't know what they have in Mannion and won't have time to find out.

And... Denver's desperate...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And... Denver's desperate...
Far from it
They didn't over pay for Kaepernick, they didn't over pay for RGIII
They let Osweiler go
I don't see Denver desperate at all, in fact they seem pretty darned cool about it

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
They're not desperate and Sanchez is the QB that will take them back to the Super Bowl?

m'okay...