TST: Rams need to call the Denver Broncos about QB's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/4...roncos-qb-case-keenum-nick-foles-mark-sanchez

2016 NFL Draft: LA Rams Need To Reach Out To Denver Broncos GM John Elway
By BMule@_BMule

usa-today-9157342.0.jpg

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
If anyone at all is interested in any of the Rams current QBs, the Broncos might make the most sense.

The Los Angeles Rams are about to have a little dilemma on their hands at the QB position. With Cal QB Jared Goff expected to be selected with the top pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, that would leave the Rams with four QBs on the roster. The Denver Broncos have been searching for QB help all off-season.

The Broncos proved in 2015 that you don't need a top end QB to win a Super Bowl. They lost their top two QBs from that team in Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler which forced them to look for replacements and/or upgrades this offseason. They've already added former Philadelphia Eagles QB Mark Sanchez and have been in and out of the news in connection to other teams' QBs:

Mike Klis
✔‎@MikeKlis

Hearing Broncos trade for Colin Kaepernick by Sunday not likely. Not impossible but there have been zero talks. #9news #9sports

First there were rumors that San Francisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick was the main Broncos target but as has been reported recently, there haven't been any talks about any such deal. Then that same reporter said that Denver had pivoted to former Rams and current Eagles QB Sam Bradford. But not so fast:

Adam Schefter
✔‎@AdamSchefter

Denver does not expect Philadelphia to trade Sam Bradford to Broncos or to any team, per sources. Broncos now mulling other QB options.

What other options could be left for the Broncos if they can't get a QB prospect that they like in the draft? Just days ago the ESPN reporter said that several teams could be interested in Rams QB Nick Foles. Foles is the obvious choice among current Rams QBs to head elsewhere but what if he isn't the only option? What if Case Keenum could hold some value to the Broncos?

Keenum was signed as an UDFA with the Houston Texans after the 2012 NFL Draft and started several games for the team during the 2013 season. Gary Kubiak was head coach of those Texans and is currently the head coach of the Broncos. Based off pure speculation, it would make sense if Kubiak was willing to bring in a familiar face to hold down the fort. After all, they proved they didn't need a superstar QB to bring home a championship last year.

Foles gets the headlines but Keenum was slapped with a 1st round RFA tender this off-season due to some belief that he would draw some interest from other teams. No matter which QB the Rams prefer, they should really keep the Broncos on speed dial in case the Broncos miss out on a QB in the draft.

It's all speculation that the Broncos would be interested in Foles or Keenum but what is certain is that the Rams have their franchise QB coming to town by the end of the night.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams cannot trade Keenum until they know wtf they have in Mannion. It's not an option, because Denver's not going to wow them with pick compensation, thus he will be worth more to us than them.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Denver needs QB help but they are not desperate yet. They have Sanchez, who will start for now. They also will draft one like Cook, Prescott, Jones etc that will not be ready to start this year. They will definitely need to pick one up at some point but I don't think anybody will fleece them in the process. Maybe we could get a 5th rounder from them for Foles but surely nothing more.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe we could get a 5th rounder from them for Foles but surely nothing more.

I'm sure the Rams would take that.

Keenum would cost much more, since he likely will start to begin the season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm sure the Rams would take that.

Keenum would cost much more, since he likely will start to begin the season.
They put a 1st rd tag on Case Keenum w/ option to match.
--Foles hopefully has value. The one thing that is real great about Nick is The Proffesional he is !! He ain't like that a B(deva) like Sam Bradford !!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They put a 1st rd tag on Case Keenum w/ option to match.

That was before they traded up to #1. They may feel that his value to the team is less now than it was at the start of free agency - enough that Denver COULD make an offer less than a 1st to get him.

I doubt they trade him since they still have a need for him, just not quite as big a need. And conversely, they could definitely use more draft picks.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Denver needs QB help but they are not desperate yet. They have Sanchez, who will start for now. They also will draft one like Cook, Prescott, Jones etc that will not be ready to start this year. They will definitely need to pick one up at some point but I don't think anybody will fleece them in the process. Maybe we could get a 5th rounder from them for Foles but surely nothing more.

I respectfully must disagree, husker.

If Sancez is their starting QB, then they ARE desperate. Lol.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't the Rams have a 1st Round Tag on Keenum!? Or am I mistaken!?

Yes they tendered him for first round compensation if he's signed away.

And isn't it funny how people were acting like Fish & Snead were insane and out of touch for using that 1st round tender on him? Because had they not done that the dude would be a Bronco right now.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

I believe by sometime Friday night we're on the clock again. I'm not saying it's the Broncos and Keenum. I'm just saying I believe they're going to trade one of them, maybe along with a 6th round pick for a 3rd and a 7th.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
We need to trade Keenum to the Broncos and Foles to anybody else that will take him, I'm comfortable with Goff, Mannion, and a a late round draft or a UDFA. We need to wheel and deal some to get some extra value this draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't see The Rams going into the preseason without Case. Yes I know that he could be had for a 3rd.

Jared Goff is not ready until he is ready.The Rams need to get rid of Foles.
--I think he is the only QB to have a chance to get traded from The Rams today.

ESPN - says Goff might not be ready today day 1.

Ram65

Legend
It's possible that Rams make a deal with Denver. Much riskier to trade Keenum but possible.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And isn't it funny how people were acting like Fish & Snead were insane and out of touch for using that 1st round tender on him? Because had they not done that the dude would be a Bronco right now.
They could have used a 2nd round tender and Denver might have bit (doubt it)
I'd be much happier with that scenario
I like Keenum and all but the reality is that neither Foles or Keenum offers more than Sanchez

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I believe by sometime Friday night we're on the clock again. I'm not saying it's the Broncos and Keenum. I'm just saying I believe they're going to trade one of them, maybe along with a 6th round pick for a 3rd and a 7th.
This is my feeling. The Rams will be picking Friday somewhere. It will be a convoluted set of trade terms too involving a player, picks from future drafts, and movement in this year's draft.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I respectfully must disagree, husker.

If Sancez is their starting QB, then they ARE desperate. Lol.
I hear you but getting one of our QBs isn't going to be a vast improvement for them. It will be an insurance move to have lateral options.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Next person who suggests we get rid of Keenum is getting a foot in their ass.

Red_Forman.jpg

Ram Man

Rookie
They could have used a 2nd round tender and Denver might have bit (doubt it)
I'd be much happier with that scenario
I like Keenum and all but the reality is that neither Foles or Keenum offers more than Sanchez

Keenum offers much more. Sanchez played poorly when he got his shot last year and the Eagles lost each game he appeared in. He is a known quantity at this point. His biggest weakness is that he makes bad decisions that result in turnovers. Denver showed last year it just needs a conservative game manager type QB to win. Sanchez is not that guy.

Low probability that Sanchez starts game 1 this season for the Broncos. Extremely low probability that Sanchez starts the majority of their games this year.