Trumaine Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hard to get picked on when you're not on the field.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan.

Still played a lot of the games. Played well over 90% of the snaps last week, and played about half the Seahawks game, so it's still impressive.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I'd personally re-sign him over Jenks. Doesn't quite have as many splashy plays as Jenks, but is still above average in the pick department and doesn't get burned as frequently.

V3

Hall of Fame
I said in the offseason that I'd prefer the Rams try and re-sign Johnson over Jenkins. I'm not a fan of JJ.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd personally re-sign him over Jenks. Doesn't quite have as many splashy plays as Jenks, but is still above average in the pick department and doesn't get burned as frequently.

For my money, me too.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'd like to see us try and keep both Tru and JJ. . .

This will be an unfavorable opinion but I prefer we keep JJ. I know he gambles and does get beat at times. But there is no way we are running Tru out there to follow and cover guys like Dez.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd like to see us try and keep both Tru and JJ. . .

This will be an unfavorable opinion but I prefer we keep JJ. I know he gambles and does get beat at times. But there is no way we are running Tru out there to follow and cover guys like Dez.

Good point. JJ gets the top assignment.

Difficult for us to evaluate, from our vantage point.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark

For my money, me too.

And don't forget we have Gaines. I think that though Jenkins is the better pure cover corner (but not by much), both Gaines and Johnson are better tacklers.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Both CB's play at top level against Rothlesberger,Palmer & Rogers in the next 3 weeks along with Roberson and Joyner and Its time to see who gets the FIRST PICK 6 and who is next.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
And don't forget we have Gaines. I think that though Jenkins is the better pure cover corner (but not by much), both Gaines and Johnson are better tacklers.
Jenkins is a very good tackler. Better than Johnson, I think... he's a serious weapon in run defense.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Very well might come down to whomever wants to remain a Ram the most. Both will be UFA's and are sure to get offer sheets. IMO only one will be signed. The CB who signs first gets the nod. Could be too that both will get much better offers elsewhere. Leaving us with the unhealthy Gaines, Roberson & Joyner, with Snead looking for a much more cap $$$ friendly good solid corner in the 2016 draft.

Could also be the reason Snead went & resigned the still gimpy unhealthy CB Brandon McGee too.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@rams24/7 , @CGI_Ram As a former DB, we need to keep both these guys...they are only getting better and better....It's the offensive players I'd closely watch as far as re-signing....oh, and McLeod....
It's about time he get acquainted with the top wrs in the league since most teams have 2. Plus, JJ & Tru don't travel, that is they don't switch sides depending on where the wr lines up....JJ is usually on the right side, Tru on the left...When I coached, I always put my best corner on the left, which is the offenses right side. Because most QB's were right handed and it was the easiest throw. I wanted my best db on that side.......

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
One problem I have with Jenkins is that he just doesn't seem to be getting better at his weaknesses.

OrqlOev.gif

It just happens way too much. If that was well thrown, would have been a 60+ yard TD. He's lucky it wasn't.

You can do a lot worse than Jenkins, so I'd still like to keep him if possible, but it seems like he gets burned a lot. He's just undisciplined. Some of it's not his fault, but a lot of it is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
One problem I have with Jenkins is that he just doesn't seem to be getting better at his weaknesses.

OrqlOev.gif

It just happens way too much. If that was well thrown, would have been a 60+ yard TD. He's lucky it wasn't.

You can do a lot worse than Jenkins, so I'd still like to keep him if possible, but it seems like he gets burned a lot. He's just undisciplined. Some of it's not his fault, but a lot of it is.
That's kind of what Tavon did to Richard Sherman. Quick head fake to the outside and turn it upfield.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That's kind of what Tavon did to Richard Sherman. Quick head fake to the outside and turn it upfield.

Tavon was the #8 overall pick though, I'd expect him to do that to even the best CBs, although Sherman has been hot garbage this season so far. Ryan Grant was a 5th round pick with 128 career yards in 2 seasons, including that 35 yarder making up over 25% of his career totals. I liked him coming out and he's talented, but Grant should not be doing that to him, and Jenkins should not be making the same mistakes over and over again. If it was 1 or 2 times like Sherman, fine. But it's all the time with JJ.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
@rams24/7 , @CGI_Ram As a former DB, we need to keep both these guys...they are only getting better and better....It's the offensive players I'd closely watch as far as re-signing....oh, and McLeod....
It's about time he get acquainted with the top wrs in the league since most teams have 2. Plus, JJ & Tru don't travel, that is they don't switch sides depending on where the wr lines up....JJ is usually on the right side, Tru on the left...When I coached, I always put my best corner on the left, which is the offenses right side. Because most QB's were right handed and it was the easiest throw. I wanted my best db on that side.......

Except for last season JJ did follow receivers around quite often. Of course we had the luxury of having EJ Gaines and that was quite a nice luxury to have.