Trumaine Johnson will play out this season under the franchise tag

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We all knew that this was the most likely outcome for this year.

I think I probably said this early on in this thread... but... the pressure will now be on Tru to ball-out this year if he wants to earn himself a contract that will pay him like the top corners after this season. No way he gets the tag again. I like it when players are in the last year of their contracts... they usually perform at their best during those years.

Hopefully we'll see Tru at the top of his game playing like a bat out of hell so that everyone will be dying to sign him next season. Crossing fingers.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody got a clue why Tru didn't wanna go to New Orleans?
Well, for one I don't know how true the story is, but if it is "Tru", I think the reasoning is why sign long term now when he will be UFA after season and can pick the teams

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think the reasoning is why sign long term now when he will be UFA after season and can pick the teams
Thinking another poor season, INJURY RISK (but with the way he tackles sometimes, lower risk than imagined)....all could drive his asking price WAY down...

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thinking another poor season, INJURY RISK (but with the way he tackles sometimes, lower risk than imagined)....all could drive his asking price WAY down...

I don't see him getting anything less than 40 million guaranteed no matter how he plays this year. He set himself up great in my book the same with Cousins

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
This will in certainly be his last year in LA. We have other key free agents and future free agents that we need to allocate our cap to. I could see us spending a top three round pick on a CB next year and netting a third for Tru's services via a compensatory pick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think NFL players don't have doubts like that particularly a guy like him who is getting paid 31 mill for last 2 years. I'm thinking he's thinking he's gonna get an increase

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I don't see him getting anything less than 40 million guaranteed no matter how he plays this year. He set himself up great in my book the same with Cousins

Yea, maybe if they don't suffer a serious injury. I for one am ready for the Rams to move on from Tru. He is not one of the top CBs in the NFL but has taken advantage of the Rams because he knows that they have been weak at CB. I guess taken advantage of the situation is what smart business people do.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I'm Trumaine conversation start at 40 million guaranteed with averages starting at 14 million a yr. No matter how we as fans look at him, his market has already been set with these 2franchise tags.