Trumaine Johnson will play out this season under the franchise tag

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Many vehemently disagree, but I still don't believe Brockers is worth the approx $10 Million per he is getting either. Run stuffers are just easier to find than pass rushers.

Brockers can be both a run stuffer and pass rusher. He was asked by Greg Williams to play the classic NT role so Aaron could shine.

We should see this very season since the SonOfBum plans to have everyone T-ing off after the backfield.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I wish we could ban any threads about Tru's contract. The Rams messed this up big time starting last year. We could of signed him for 5 years 70M with 30M guarenteed and it would of been cheaper than what we paid this year and last.

That being said, Johnson would be crazy to sign an extension now. Take the insane money this year and get a FA contract next year. Nothing to gain by signing now unless he just wants to be a Ram for life. Feels like he is going for the money and cant blame him for that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd float the trade proposal of Tru and a 4th for any teams 4th

Memphis Ram

Legend
Brockers can be both a run stuffer and pass rusher. He was asked by Greg Williams to play the classic NT role so Aaron could shine.

We should see this very season since the SonOfBum plans to have everyone T-ing off after the backfield.

Classic NT role? So what was going on before Donald arrived?

Don't get me wrong. I hope you are right. I believe that he's a good player. But, he's being paid as if he were a dominant player.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And who got honorable mention outside the top 10 corners? That's right, me!

Yeah, yeah, I'll be impressed when I see it translate on sundays.
I agree with you, but as far as the top 10 CB's go, I think Tru is better than Josh Norman and should have been #10! Norman just has a bigger mouth than Tru!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Classic NT role? So what was going on before Donald arrived?

Don't get me wrong. I hope you are right. I believe that he's a good player. But, he's being paid as if he were a dominant player.
He had 5 sacks and was among the leaders on the team in QB hurries and hits when we drafted Donald he was asked to take on double teams to help free up Donald

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed. Demoff has been hailed as a salary cap guru, but he has been off his game the last few years for sure. Some of this has to fall on Snead as well.

I think it was on Fisher & Demoff.

Fisher was pissed about JJ 21 though.
The Rams went the wrong way. Tru Johnson would have been easier to sign long term. His value was also down. He was top 5 in INT's

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree with you, but as far as the top 10 CB's go, I think Tru is better than Josh Norman and should have been #10! Norman just has a bigger mouth than Tru!

Don't agree . That is drinking to much of the Kool-aide . I think he might be top 10 moving forward. In either case he has to prove it of the grass. It is another contract year.
Tru Johnson got paid , because it would have hurt way more to let him go for nothing.
The Rams will build on the position. I hope EJ Gaines really steps up . I think when healthy he is really good. In fact I think his skill level helps The Rams move K . Joyner to the FS.
Nick Robey will add to the depth.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it was on Fisher & Demoff.

Fisher was ticked about JJ 21 though.
The Rams went the wrong way. Tru Johnson would have been easier to sign long term. His value was also down. He was top 5 in INT's
Yeah Fisher definitely wanted to keep JJ. And I thought they could have gave Johnson a long term deal because he was coming off a injury year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Water now under the bridge. I would start now to look on past Trumaine Johnson. I sure not happy with this but nothing to do but watch this Johnson matter play out & plan that Tru will move on elsewhere which is fine with me! Tru has missed over 20 games due to injury the last 4 seasons. His play last season was mediocre at best.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2018/CB

10 Tarvarus McFadden CB 1 Florida State Jr 6-2 198
25 Jaire Alexander CB 2 Louisville Jr 5-11 192
60 Adonis Alexander CB 3 Virginia Tech Jr 6-3 193
68 Carlton Davis CB 4 Auburn Jr 6-1 203
70 Iman Marshall CB 5 Southern California Jr 6-1 200
76 Anthony Averett CB 8 Alabama Sr 6-0 185
78 Jordan Thomas CB 6 Oklahoma Sr 6-0 186
99 Tony Brown CB 0 Alabama Sr 6-0 198

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'd float the trade proposal of Tru and a 4th for any teams 4th

That makes no sense whatsoever. Our fourth is likely better then any other team. So we're basically paying a team to take him? What are we, the fuckin Texans? If we sit pat, we'll get a third round pick as comp.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah Fisher definitely wanted to keep JJ. And I thought they could have gave Johnson a long term deal because he was coming off a injury year.

Will see how EJ Gaines plays. I think CB is going to be the biggest position of need in next years draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That makes no sense whatsoever. Our fourth is likely better then any other team. So we're basically paying a team to take him? What are we, the freakin Texans? If we sit pat, we'll get a third round pick as comp.

Plus he could have a pro bowl year. The Rams also will be able to negotiate with him after the season before FA's

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we sit pat, we'll get a third round pick as comp.
Not necessarily true.
With the cap space available, I would be certain that the Rams will be active in FA next year.
The FA brought in would likely cancel out the loss of Tru and we get nada
Get rid of him now, use the cap space to get Donald signed

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not necessarily true.
With the cap space available, I would be certain that the Rams will be active in FA next year.
The FA brought in would likely cancel out the loss of Tru and we get nada
Get rid of him now, use the cap space to get Donald signed

Really ?? Glad The Rams have a solid
Game plan right now.

That to me would be totally stupid , unless you want The Rams to have no chance at the Playoffs & beyond !!!!

Dude have you seen all the 1 year contracts ??? These guys The Rams brought in should fit extremely well with the core players The Rams already have. I'm super excited about this up coming season.

The Rams were 3-1 last year to start the season. I see a lot of potential.

---Tell me this ??? When did The Rams fall apart ?? Then when did the team quit in Fisher ?? The season ended up being a total disaster, but there were reasons.

I can explain my thoughts

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really ?? Glad The Rams have a solid
Game plan right now.

That to me would be totally stupid , unless you want The Rams to have no chance at the Playoffs & beyond !!!!

Dude have you seen all the 1 year contracts ??? These guys The Rams brought in should fit extremely well with the core players The Rams already have. I'm super excited about this up coming season.

The Rams were 3-1 last year to start the season. I see a lot of potential.

---Tell me this ??? When did The Rams fall apart ?? Then when did the team quit in Fisher ?? The season ended up being a total disaster, but there were reasons.

I can explain my thoughts
Solid game plan as it pertains to Tru?
Not even close
He's gone after this season, if he makes it that far.
If he was the difference maker on whether or not they were playoff team, they'd be signing him long term

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
10 Tarvarus McFadden CB 1 Florida State Jr 6-2 198
25 Jaire Alexander CB 2 Louisville Jr 5-11 192
60 Adonis Alexander CB 3 Virginia Tech Jr 6-3 193
68 Carlton Davis CB 4 Auburn Jr 6-1 203
70 Iman Marshall CB 5 Southern California Jr 6-1 200
76 Anthony Averett CB 8 Alabama Sr 6-0 185
78 Jordan Thomas CB 6 Oklahoma Sr 6-0 186
99 Tony Brown CB 0 Alabama Sr 6-0 198
I'd take that kid outta Va. Tech in a heart beat....I wanna see what Marshall does this year....Honestly, I'd take any of those dudes....LOL

I think CB is going to be the biggest position of need in next years draft.
It was a huge need THIS year....but I guess TE & WR was too...:oops:

Memphis Ram

Legend
He had 5 sacks and was among the leaders on the team in QB hurries and hits when we drafted Donald he was asked to take on double teams to help free up Donald
OK then. Now that Donald has come on the scene and is widely viewed as one of the best and is getting so much attention from opponents, shouldn't Brockers really be going off destroying one on one matchups vs. the pass?

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Early on I felt Tru had the ability to be our best CB. But he missed a lot of games, play was inconsistent, etc. Then he comes out with his big season, interestingly enough, in his contract year. Imagine that. And last year he didn't play nearly as well, when, guess what, Jackrabbit was gone and he found himself matching up with top wideouts.

But he still wants elite money.

Dude is pricing himself out of LA, basically. So whatever. Pay him for this season but do not under any circumstances lock him up long term. He is not that player you can trust to not put his feet up when he gets paid. Sayonara Tru. Enjoy your elite, long term contract somewhere else.