Trumaine Johnson Arrested In Montana For DUI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Dammit, Tru! This kind of idiocy shouldn't be tolerated. Hope Cortland smacks some sense into him.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Man, I just read this and all I can say is wow. With the recent stuff going on right now in Missoula, there is an extremely critical awareness of both current and former Griz football players and their off-field / off-campus behavior. The football program is being put under the microscope and viewed with intense scrutiny by the NCAA, the University, the police and general public. Missoula is a small town that lives and breathes Griz football, and Tru was regarded as one of the "faces" of the football team his junior and senior years. I cannot believe that he would be bold enough to pull a stunt like this in a town were he is very recognizable. All I can say is that he better pull his head out of his ass. The press is going to have a field day with this.

:nono: :evil: :nono: :evil: :nono: :evil: :nono: :evil:

Shit Tru call me... I'll drive to Missoula and tote your ass around!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Psycho_X said:
Selassie I said:
FWIW ... I don't believe players get suspended for their 1st offence. Of course he hasn't been convicted at this point anyway.

You haven't been paying attention to Mr. Goodell lately have you? He doesn't give a crap whether it's a first offence or if he's convicted. And he would take into consideration that it's happened to him in college before. The guy will lay the hammer down and Johnson will be suspended for 4 games is my assumption. Unless something comes out that blatantly proves Trumain innocent.

Hope the CBA prevents that,,, but you're right about Commandant goodell.

Not for nothing Brudda ... but that red font is giving me tourette syndrome :twisted:

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
jap said:
Young Ram said:
There's nothing wrong with going back home and hanging with your boys. As long as you're responsible and don't do anything stupid!!

With that said I understand peer pressure can get to some young players still. What I will never understand is that these guys are making millions of dollars yet they can't pay $50 for a damn cab!!!

C'mon Man!!

Watcha' expect? It ain't "manly" to take a cab while intoxicated. No, no, no! The "manly" thing is to prove you can hold your liquid even though you know you are smashed! :twisted:

I know what you mean. Heck I think a lot of us have been there. The difference is that these players have more to lose. You would think they would be smarter....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
nighttrain said:
And we were worried about Jenkins :whome?:
train

I guess you could say this situation with Johnson could help reinforce things in Jenkins mind about staying on the straight and narrow.

I'm with playmaker on one thing; these guys going home and acting like college punks pisses me off.

You want to be paid millions of dollars? Well, your on the field talent ain't all it takes!

Playmaker

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
I guess you could say this situation with Johnson could help reinforce things in Jenkins mind about staying on the straight and narrow.

I'm with playmaker on one thing; these guys going home and acting like college punks pisses me off.

You want to be paid millions of dollars? Well, your on the field talent ain't all it takes!

Just one thing??? :p

CGI, I live here in the St.Louis area and know for a fact that Jeremy Maclin's agent and the Philadelphia Eagles Organization has instructed Maclin to stay away from Columbia Missouri.

Maclin, as you may know, played his college football at the University of Missouri in Columbia and is from Kirkwood Missouri, a suburb of St.Louis. Apparently Maclin was spending a lot of time in Columbia since being drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft in 2009 by the Eagles. If you don't know, Columbia Mo has one of the largest STD rates in America. And......well let's just say Maclin took the Kool Moe Dee Rap Song "Go See The Doctor" to a whole new level.

Remember in 2011 Maclin lost 40 lbs in the off season and it was attributed to "a stomach bug?" That wasn't it at all. Maclin caught something in a trip to Columbia that almost ended his career. There were rumors he had contracted full out AIDS from a girl after the 2010 season in Columbia. Remember Maclin was late to arrive to Eagles Camp in 2011 and it was very hush hush from the Eagles on what was wrong with Maclin. Word is it wasn't AIDS/HIV, but he contracted one of the more serious STD's, possibly Hep C and it almost ended his career.

After this Maclin's Agent along with Head Coach Andy Reid and the Eagles Team President and Owner say Maclin down and told him to stay away from Columbia unless he is there for a school function and/or charity function. And to no longer "go out" when he is there.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
damn i hate when i see our players in the spotlight on stuff like this, hopefully he does not let it effect his play like Quinn did last year :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jim Thomas
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/updated-rams-cornerback-johnson-arrested-for-dui/article_4d2b58ae-7e1c-5ff3-895f-2977176e70bd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... e70bd.html</a>

Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson, a third-round draft pick by the Rams in 2012 out of the University of Montana, was arrested Friday for driving under the influence in Missoula, Mont.

Johnson was booked at 3:05 a.m. according to Missoula County Jail records and released at 4:13 a.m. after posting a $700 bond. It's a misdemeanor charge.

According to KPAX.com, Johnson was pulled over at 2 a.m. by a Missoula Police Department officer because his headlights weren't on. Johnson subsequently refused to take a breath test.

Johnson, 23, appeared in 16 games with three starts last season as a Rams rookie. He took over as the team's third corner midway through the season, moving ahead of Bradley Fletcher on the depth chart.

He finished with 35 tackles, eight pass breakups, and two interceptions, and figures to be among the Rams' top three corners entering the 2013 season behind starters Cortland Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins.

Friday's incident along with Jenkins' suspension for a game last season after partying with two teammates before the Rams Nov. 11 contest at San Francisco could increase the need for the team to add another cornerback, either in the draft or what remains in free agency.

During the 2011 season at Montana, Johnson was tasered by Missoula police trying to control a rowdy party at Johnson's apartment. Johnson later pleaded no contest to misdemeanor disorderly conduct charges.

As for Friday's DUI charge, there was no immediate comment from Johnson's agent. The Rams released the following statement: "We are aware of the situation regarding Trumaine Johnson. We are gathering more information and we will have no further comment at this time."

Similarly, NFL executive Greg Aiello said via e-mail that the league will review the facts and make a determination on any possible discipline for Johnson.

[hil]According to the substance abuse program in the league's collective bargaining agreement, a first DUI with no aggravating circumstances results in a fine of two-game checks _ up to a maximum of $50,000.[/hil]

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The Dude said:
Jim Thomas
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/updated-rams-cornerback-johnson-arrested-for-dui/article_4d2b58ae-7e1c-5ff3-895f-2977176e70bd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... e70bd.html</a>

Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson, a third-round draft pick by the Rams in 2012 out of the University of Montana, was arrested Friday for driving under the influence in Missoula, Mont.

Johnson was booked at 3:05 a.m. according to Missoula County Jail records and released at 4:13 a.m. after posting a $700 bond. It's a misdemeanor charge.

According to KPAX.com, Johnson was pulled over at 2 a.m. by a Missoula Police Department officer because his headlights weren't on. Johnson subsequently refused to take a breath test.

Johnson, 23, appeared in 16 games with three starts last season as a Rams rookie. He took over as the team's third corner midway through the season, moving ahead of Bradley Fletcher on the depth chart.

He finished with 35 tackles, eight pass breakups, and two interceptions, and figures to be among the Rams' top three corners entering the 2013 season behind starters Cortland Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins.

Friday's incident along with Jenkins' suspension for a game last season after partying with two teammates before the Rams Nov. 11 contest at San Francisco could increase the need for the team to add another cornerback, either in the draft or what remains in free agency.

During the 2011 season at Montana, Johnson was tasered by Missoula police trying to control a rowdy party at Johnson's apartment. Johnson later pleaded no contest to misdemeanor disorderly conduct charges.

As for Friday's DUI charge, there was no immediate comment from Johnson's agent. The Rams released the following statement: "We are aware of the situation regarding Trumaine Johnson. We are gathering more information and we will have no further comment at this time."

Similarly, NFL executive Greg Aiello said via e-mail that the league will review the facts and make a determination on any possible discipline for Johnson.

[hil]According to the substance abuse program in the league's collective bargaining agreement, a first DUI with no aggravating circumstances results in a fine of two-game checks _ up to a maximum of $50,000.[/hil]

First of all, I'm glad no one got hurt

Second of all, that guy (in fact all guys) need to learn how to call a cab

Third of all, I'm glad that he doesn't get suspended for a first offense. That being said, if I were Fisher, I'd still give him a punishment. Like what he did to Jenkins and Givens. Maybe suspend him one game and make him run stairs.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Maybe Fish should get Leonard Little in to talk about everything that can go wrong when you act irresponsibly.Give'm something to think about before they leave for off-season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
brokeu91 said:
First of all, I'm glad no one got hurt

Second of all, that guy (in fact all guys) need to learn how to call a cab

Totally agree with your first. Your second? How in the flipping hell could anyone in the real world NOT agree with it? I realize that judgement sometimes gets skewed but really... you could pay to have a freakin' cab sitting outside waiting for you and wouldn't THAT say more to your buddies that you've arrived than rolling along in your rig while you're too buzzed to know your headlights aren't on?

BTW... What fucking rig is he rolling in these days at his income that doesn't have automatic headlights? Sure hope it is a classic - cuz if not, he was probably driving one of his buddy's POS because HE was even worse off.

Great players are also generally pretty smart - exceptions not withstanding (Lawrence Taylor). Just sayin' Tru.

Wise up.

…..

Legend
People tend to mount themselves up on a soap box when things like this are downplayed.

So intead of running into that variable trap, I'll just say thank goodness it's not worse and lets hope this is the worst as it gets for the young man.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Dog said:
People tend to mount themselves up on a soap box when things like this are downplayed.

So intead of running into that variable trap, I'll just say thank goodness it's not worse and lets hope this is the worst as it gets for the young man.

After Leonard Little, can you blame them for preaching from the soapbox on this topic?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Montana's DUI limit is .08%

According to this chart;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm</a>

Someone of Trumaine's weight (200lbs) would have to drink 7 beers over a 3hr period to fail.

:grr: What was he thinking?

Speeps

Starter
Fisher needs to make an example of out Trumaine Johnson. Make the roster realize that this behavior will not be tolerated at all. Fisher did say they were threatened before they left the team facility. If I know Fisher, this punishment will not be a good one, and will surely set the tone for punishments for boneheaded mistakes.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
At this point you have to let it play out and the Rams are very thin at CB. On ourlads depth chart it lists only three CB's although Quinton Pointer is an actual CB, but the Rams only have four.

Granted they will draft two maybe sign another and then sign quite a few UDRFA's with the hope of finding a diamond in the rough like Pointer last year. Overall I am sure the Rams have entertained thoughts of moving Finnegan to FS with Johnson & Jenkins manning the corners.

When I wore a younger man's clothes I would want to cut him because I never understood why if you planned on drinking that you never made appropriate accommodations. I always did most of the time in the military & at college I usually was the one who did not drink and drove many of my friends home or back to the dorm.

However, now I take a more cerebral approach get the kid some help. Make him understand the future ahead of him and put things in place so it does not happen again. We need to do all we can for these kids to understand their decisions have consequences and they need to have the proper support systems in place.

…..

Legend
Memento said:
The Dog said:

After Leonard Little, can you blame them for preaching from the soapbox on this topic?

Yes, but its just an opinion of mine. I'm not sure Little actually paid the right price for his crimes so its a bit of an unfair comparison.

None of us were there and none of us have walked a mile in thier shoes. Given that's the case, I tend to avoid those that get all preachy because it doesnt change anything and theres always a skeleton or two in the pulpits. ;)

As den pointed out, its important now to focus on rehabilitation/education. Let the Young man pay his debt to society, then prop him up and set him up for success in the future.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The Dog said:
Memento said:
The Dog said:

Yes, but its just an opinion of mine. I'm not sure Little actually paid the right price for his crimes so its a bit of an unfair comparison.

None of us were there and none of us have walked a mile in thier shoes. Given that's the case, I tend to avoid those that get all preachy because it doesnt change anything and theres always a skeleton or two in the pulpits. ;)

As den pointed out, its important now to focus on rehabilitation/education. Let the Young man pay his debt to society, then prop him up and set him up for success in the future.

While I agree we need to focus on his future. I disagree abouy just moving on drunk driving is a HUGE issue in this country and when someone with a spotlight on him chooses to do this he needs to be publicly punished and show its not tolerated period. Far to often the people who plan ahead or someone who was just driving home from work pay the sickening price of people who just dont care

…..

Legend
and heeeerre we go....

so you think successful people should be chastised publicly? Or just athletes? You want it on the front page? publicly punished....because they're in the "spotlight."

what if it was your grand mother? Or your sister who made a bad judment error. Should we put her on the front page? Chastise her, tell her what a rotten human being she is, punish her publicly and then punish her administratively and then then run her through the court system to teach her a lesson?

I'm sorry if i dont follow your logic. I do realize it is an issue in our society.....all societies.

But thanks for making my soapbox point.