TruJo named NFC Defensive Player of the Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
What if it turned out this season we were actually getting a bargain for Tru's services

mBBrDKV.gif
The we hope he gives the Rams a hometown discount on a 4 or 5 yr deal. Knowing he will get a ring or 2 maybe more if he stays.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
My question is who is Wade Philips prodigy once he is gone?. I love the guy, and I want to make sure that we will have someone to replace him when that time comes.

I have this thought in the back of my head. Especially as it relates to Tru and Joyner. I think these two guys really want to play for Mcvay and Phillips. Tru has been very vocal about his love for Mcvay. Mcvay has also spoken highly of Tru.

Maybe Tru takes a bit of a paycut to stay?

McVay was the first to approach and celebrate with Joyner when he hit the sideline after his INT.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Although it was only the first game, someone serve me a healthy dish of crow, as I'll gladly admit I was one of those people who didn't really see him being anything more than an overrated CB.

If he can keep this up, I could see us trying hard to lock him up, even with our other free agents. He seems to be the type that may give us a slight discount... gonna be some tough decisions next off-season!!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Tru is gonna ball out in WPs D. Fisher was wasting Tru's talent in that weak ass zone D.

Can you imagine if we were able to hold onto Janoris, too? I believe he plays a lot of man for the Giants and has been absolutely killing it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Three turnovers are way bigger than sacks.
pretty much...but sacks on 3rd down are just like turnovers...in fact, sacks usually lead to negative outcomes for an offensive series.

Curious, where do you get 3 turnovers by Tru???

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well deserved. Tru was balling on Sunday.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Nothing against Tru's great game...but didn't TJ Watt have 2 sacks and a INT???
So you're saying 2 sacks and a INT trump a pick 6,a forced fumble and a fumble recovery?
I think your math is off.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So you're saying 2 sacks and a INT trump a pick 6,a forced fumble and a fumble recovery?
LOL...actually no....Sacks on 3rd down are something like turnovers...that's all I'm saying. And, wasn't that Littleton that caused a fumble?

A pick 6 is better than a sack....I think a strip sack, fumble recovery for a TD is just as good tho(y);)

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
sacks usually lead to negative outcomes for an offensive series.
I have seen way too many quarterbacks get sacked and then throw a touchdown on the next play....so not sure if I agree here.

A turnover sends their offense to the bench.

Zero

Pro Bowler
LOL...actually no....Sacks on 3rd down are something like turnovers...that's all I'm saying. And, wasn't that Littleton that caused a fumble?

A pick 6 is better than a sack....I think a strip sack, fumble recovery for a TD is just as good tho(y);)
Tru had a pick6 and then forced a fumble from hilton and then recovered his forced fumble.
Sacks on third down are something like a turnover,but they are not a turnover.
The pick6 trumps the int.The forced fumble and recovery trumps the 2 sacks.
And AD trumps big Watt and Tru trumps little Watt;)

jap

Legend
Love it when a player proves me wrong, I've been vocal against him in the past. Let's see if he can live up to it this coming week :)

I have been negative about Tru myself since I definitely preferred Jenks. However, Tru seems to really love! the SonOfBum's defensive scheming. If he really turns up his play this season and stays healthy for once, I have no objections for him to continue to be paid high dollars.

jap

Legend
My question is who is Wade Philips prodigy once he is gone?. I love the guy, and I want to make sure that we will have someone to replace him when that time comes.

I have assumed Wade Philips is in pretty much the same position as Bud Carson once was when he was with the Rams just before the GSOT years . . . almost a sort of a defensive professor emeritus ranking where he is not just a coach of players, but also a coach of coaches too.