True or False: Based SOLELY on TALENT....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Wish I knew, but at this point not enough evidence ,I hope you're right though cuz Tru us damned good.

Rambition

Rookie
i honestly think gaines will eventually be better than not only johnson, but also jenkins.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Tru is the more physical press corner and is capable of holding up in the red zone where corner fades are designed to allow tall receivers to win jump balls.

Gaines is the more instinctive zone corner. Pinkel called him the best player on an awfully talented defense. Gaines is a rookie so he needs time to refine his technique and become assignment efficient, but he will grow that quicker than JJ and TJ did.

We will miss TJ week 2 against the Bucs. Something tells me that an offseason of Mike Evans having to hear how EJ punked him will have him out to prove a point.

V3

Hall of Fame
Jenkins was horrible last year. Until he proves he can play at least as well as his rookie season(which still isn't good enough) again, TJ and Gaines are better IMO.

RFIP

False now and I like Tru but he is limited as well. He's not fluid in his hips.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
100% agree. Gaines is a ball hawking CB. I think he has a much better skill set than Tru, but Tru has worked very hard to be great at what he does and has earned the right the be the starter once he comes back. But Gaines could very well run this secondary in a year or two.

stlramscar

UDFA
I love Gaines fundamentals and ball hawking abilities,i think he will develop into a VERY good CB. i love Tru's size and physicality,i thunk him and Gaines are the best cover corners on the team. Not a fan of Jenkins.

AZRamsFan93

Luckily for the Rams, Johnson is out for the first quarter of the season.

He's just a slow starter. He was absolutely brutal in the initial part of the season last year. Even given Walton's schemes, he couldn't cover or tackle. He did improve. I'll cut him some slack, especially if the holding rule the NFL experimented with the Rams DB's last year becomes the norm.

Jenkins. Meh. No techique. Boom or bust. Selfish, in many respects. Heard he's matured, but that remains to be seen. Got the feet, but does he have it upstairs?

Prolly be mostly zone this year. I'd love to have one corner that could press and play man, but that's a scarce commodity.

Rams ain't done drafting CB's.
I am with you here. I don't get all the love for a group of under performing or unproven CBs. It is one thing to root for them to do well (I am right with everyone there) but another thing to be delusional about their performance.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm still shocked that Gaines didn't come off the board higher on draft day. I would have even selected him over Joyner who concerns me at nickel back.

Anyway physical talent? Johnson > Gaines.
Instincts? Not so sure.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Don't get the lack of love for Jenoris
Love the guy
GW and Jenoris = trip to Hawaii (or wherever the hell they are hosting the probowl)

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'm going to say false. Jenkins and Tru have extreme God gifted talented, and were toted as such even coming out of college. That said...

Considering we have a no nonsense D coordinator now, I could see one of them losing a start here and there to Gaines later in the season if they don't keep disciplined. Gaines is also a rookie though remember that. I love him as a prospect, but he has a lot of learning to do as does the rest of the rook class. I wouldn't be surprised to see McGee getting the start this Sunday, with others rotating in.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Tru out. Really hope someone can step up so it doesn't limit Williams playcalling.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Gaines doesn't have more talent than Reid or Roberson...Much less Tru.....And I like Gaines, but at this moment, he's strictly a zone-coverage corner.....Can I see him in some press man for a few games....