Truck Guys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Today, I may be trading my Chevy 2500 HD 6.0 for a F250 superduty with a 7.3 power stroke turbo diesel. If I can pull this off, ima loss my mind. Wish me luck

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good luck, Bocephus.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ha we talkin devil dog, song or dummy?

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Lol, okay. Just checked this truck out. This dude is nuts for making the trade. He just doesn't like fords and couldn't pass up the deal he got. Gonna talk to him later tonight. Hopefully we can make it happen. I've been wanting a 7.3 powerstroke for years, but they are hard to find for the right price and good miles

PhxRam

Lol, okay. Just checked this truck out. This dude is nuts for making the trade. He just doesn't like fords and couldn't pass up the deal he got. Gonna talk to him later tonight. Hopefully we can make it happen. I've been wanting a 7.3 powerstroke for years, but they are hard to find for the right price and good miles

In all seriousness. My buddy had the f250 super duty diesel and that truck was a tank.

Had roughly 200,000 miles on it and continued to run like a champ.

They must hold their value quite well because he still got roughly 12k for a trade in.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yea they are freakin beast. Will go 500,000 miles easy, if properly maintained.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Lol yea, these motors are bulletproof. That's why they hold their value so much. Like I said, it's hard to find one for the right price. No one wants to get rid of them. Hopefully he won't come to his senses. Lol

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hope the deal goes down the way you want Jugg! Speaking of trucks, my mother in law is selling her place and just told me she's giving me a 2004 F150 4x4 truck that has been just sitting in her garage the past couple of years since her husband passed. It only has 27K miles on it. Should I take it?:heh: Actually, I'll probably end up sinking a bunch of money into it to make it my own because of getting it for free. (Well, getting a gift out of the blue from your mother-in-law probably isn't going to be free if you know what I mean.)

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That would be bad ass man

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hey EL JUGGER! Did the trade go down as planned?

I ended up with that "free" F150 (Been paying for it ever since if you know what I'm saying) but now want to make it Ramhusker's ride with new rims, nerf bars, bed liner, seat covers, floor mats, etc. Any tips on where you truck junkies get your accessories? I'm leaning on going black with everything since the truck is a pedestrian looking silver. Throw a dog a bone here!

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Different sites for everything. I always check craigslist first. If I can get something that looks new, for half the price, I'm taking it. And yes the trade went down. I now have a F250 Superduty with the 7.3 Powerstroke. While I loved my 6.0, this thing would rip the frame right out from under my HD, also, it's fast as shit. It has an Edge Tuner and I have it set on race right now. I'm not that dick thats gonna throw black smoke on people. I enjoy getting about 18-19 miles a gallon. The only shitty part, last time I filled it up, I was out of additive, and said fuck it, that was a mistake. My shit was gelling up, I had to bring an extension cord to work. Lol

Sum1

Hall of Fame
My old man bought a brand new Ford F350 PowerStroke diesel back in 2000. That truck has been ran through hell and back...the body has it's share of war scars...it's got 280K miles on it and at times takes a few seconds to get moving, but it still hauls some heavy loads and gets the job done.

My dad says its the best truck he ever had...he bought himself an F150 King Ranch about 4 years ago but says it doesn't hold a flame to F350.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Today, I may be trading my Chevy 2500 HD 6.0 for a F250 superduty with a 7.3 power stroke turbo diesel. If I can pull this off, ima loss my mind. Wish me luck

I have purchased three GM/Chevy 2500 HD Duramax Diesels since 2001 & simply love these trucks...But the older Ford 7.3 Power Strokes are very well known & is a real bonafied good workhorse diesel engine. I am not a fan of the gas GM/Chevy truck engines for any major pulling events. I live in the deep south where the heat is always an issue....not an issue when you have a Diesel doing the labor. Just always change the diesels fuel filter when you are changing your oil it sure works for me.

I have been RV'ing all over the US and in Canada of course ....us guys get into conversations with others about our pulling vehicles....In the early yrs the Ford & Dodge Diesels ruled the RV camps discussions but once the Fords & Dodges change those Diesels engines ....well those older Fords 7.3's are in big demand today..... The newer Ford Diesels are full of troubles & problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I liked my 6.0, it had great 4X4. But it's not even in the discussion as far as power goes with my 7.3. And yes, they are in demand. It's hard to find them anymore without 400,000 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I have an F250 4DR long bed 2002 model I've had since it was new it's got 245K miles on a V10 never had to do anything to the engine except replace exhaust manifold bolts.
When I bought it I asked a good friend who had a power stroke in the same truck what to buy gas or diesel , he told me ,if you plan on getting off road in any kind of wet conditions stay away from the diesel because the front end is so heavy you are constantly getting stuck ( he would know he was a timber buyer).
I bought the V10 and man am I glad cuz the same year I bought a new F450 power stroke for my business.
If the temp got below 40 and you didn't plug in the block heater on the 450 you were screwed the mileage was never enough better to offset the difference in price at the pump and acquisition cost ( BTW both vehicles were company the F250 was my personal use truck so they were costed out pretty accurately) .
I pull a 27 foot Rinker that weighs about 8500 lbs with the V10 and if I want I could take it to 90 it has zero power issues. It gets better mileage than by buddies Cummins pulling his 10K travel trailer that has a way lower air drag than my boat .
Add in how much quieter it is (I can't tell that it's any noisier than my Expedition and I really like being able to hear that six disc sound system it has ) you never stand in spill over diesel at a pump and drag that smell into the vehicle or breath the exhaust,no fuel additive to F with in the winter.
I guess I've owned 30 or more diesels first one was a 3208 Cat numerous DT466,DT360's DT V8's don't remember the numbers, the DT E models.
For personal use ya gotta just want a diesel for a diesel's sake.
I'd buy the V10 all over again FWIW the best personal vehicle decision I've ever made.
It doesn't make my manhood stand up, but they have pills for that:nau:

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The V10 is a great ford motor. Better than the Dodge. The V10 has similar power, but not as much torque. The mileage is also lacking compared to a tuned Powerstroke. I get about 20 highway. Probably 16-18 in town. As far as off roading, yea, diesel is just to damn heavy to take mudding. My 6.0 was a fucking tank off road. My buddy has a F350 Superduty V10. We talk a lot of shit, I think we're gonna hook them up in the spring and see what's what. Lol but if your a diesel man, you know that the 7.3 turbo Powerstroke is the best consumer diesel ever made. PERIOD

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Basically, power to fuel efficiency...gotta go diesel.