Tru Update?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
His recovery and estimated date of return is running very late at this point. Anybody heard anything?

And for the Wells bashers, Jones is healthy.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Where are we with Chris Long's return? I have not heard anything.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

He can't return until sometime around/after week 8. That's how "IR designated to return" works. Even if he was 100%, he couldn't play this week. With that said, I really hope he's close.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The earliest Chris Long can return is week 8. That's by rule. He can start practicing 6 weeks after he was placed on IR, but not eligible to be activated until 8 weeks.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
His recovery and estimated date of return is running very late at this point. Anybody heard anything?

And for the Wells bashers, Jones is healthy.
There's a huge difference between being cleared to practice and being "game ready".

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's a huge difference between being cleared to practice and being "game ready".

Yeah, I dont expect to see him unless Wells gets hurt. Even then I'm not sure who's the primary back up. Tim Barnes is hurt so it could be Jones. That is a little unsettling being he's been out forever.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The earliest Chris Long can return is week 8. That's by rule. He can start practicing 6 weeks after he was placed on IR, but not eligible to be activated until 8 weeks.
Judging from this, at least we can at least star hearing reports about him next week! Hope he's ready soon!!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I dont expect to see him unless Wells gets hurt. Even then I'm not sure who's the primary back up. Tim Barnes is hurt so it could be Jones. That is a little unsettling being he's been out forever.
Barnes is likely to miss this week only. Especially with next weeks game being IN Kansas City, if there is anyway possible, he will be back for that game. He is from there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trumaine was limited in practice. My guess is that he'll be questionable this week and probably not play. But I have no inside info on that.

As far as C. Long goes, Coach, it's semantics but I gotta correct you...it's Week 9 when he can return...which is our 8th game. He was put on the IRDFR after Week 1. Since we had our bye already, he'll only miss 7 games if he can return Week 9.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
It will be nice when we finally have Tru's experience back on the field with this young secondary. EJ Gaines has been pretty decent filling in during his absence but it is becoming apparent that Gaines struggles to cover WRs running routes not incorporated in the standard route tree that he has been taught. Plus, Jenkins looked absolutely terrible against the 49ers last week.

Penguin.

Rookie
It will be nice when we finally have Tru's experience back on the field with this young secondary. EJ Gaines has been pretty decent filling in during his absence but it is becoming apparent that Gaines struggles to cover WRs running routes not incorporated in the standard route tree that he has been taught. Plus, Jenkins looked absolutely terrible against the 49ers last week.

He is our best corner right now. Gaines blew one coverage, and I credit that to Crabtree's beautiful route. And he is a rookie, so he will make mistakes. But Gaines seems to be by far the best corner on our team at the moment.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
He is our best corner right now. Gaines blew one coverage, and I credit that to Crabtree's beautiful route. And he is a rookie, so he will make mistakes. But Gaines seems to be by far the best corner on our team at the moment.
Agreed. Gaines has proven that he can play at this level but Jenkins needs to find some consistency.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wonder if moving Jenkins to the nickle would be worth a shot when Tru returns?

I don't mean permanently, just if Tru returns to form and Gaines keeps on progressing, would Jenkins skill set and tendencies work better in the nickle?

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Couldn't be soon enough in my opinion....Wonder if he'll play as soon as he practices, or will he be eased back?

MauiRam

Rookie
Absolutely! In his interview with Casey Phillips, Jones was asked about his availability, and his response was that he spent most of his time in the film room. He mentioned that he wasn't able to work on his strength training much because of his injury/rehab. Apparently recovery from back surgery and heavy weight lifting aren't always a good match right off the bat. Expecting Barrett to be game ready by Sunday seems quite a stretch at this point - and that's being charitable.

When Barrett does come back, I am expecting that he will eventually become a solid fixture on our line. While Jones may never be the most physically talented player on our O-line, he will surely be the smartest. If you had to choose a position on the O-line where smarts are at a premium, I would think that position would be at center. Hopefully Jones will have the opportunity to get his feet wet for a few games this season, enough for him to perhaps segue into being our starter in 2015.

Tru can't come back quickly enough - however - will he be game ready? Jake Long has taken a beating from Ram fans for poor play. Given the time frame he had for rehab transitioning to "game ready" his diminished play is not really mysterious. (IMO). If Jake can avoid further injury and play out the rest of the season, it will be interesting to see if there is considerable improvement in his performance by season's end.