Tru or JJ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who would you resign in 2016?

• Trumaine Johnson

Votes: 41 65.1%
  • Janoris Jenkins

Votes: 22 34.9%

• Total voters

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I think both are great talents and have improved considerably since their rookie years. Unfortunately we simply don't have the cap to resign both in 2016, as both will command healthy contracts if they continue playing the way they are.

Luckily Gaines makes the loss of one of them in 2016 easier, as he's proven he can be a solid starter. If you ask me Tru and JJ have very different games. The decision comes down to which type of player you prefer. Do you prefer the high risk, high reward guy who can immediately put point on the board or do you prefer the guy who takes less chances and rarely gets burned?

Personally I'm going with Tru for a couple of reasons. I'm partial to his style of play and I think he'll command a slightly smaller contract. He's lesser known in league circles and JJ will have some rich teams touting him for his game changing ability.

Luckily we don't have to worry about this for another year ;).

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would rather keep them both but if I had to pick it would be tru. He's a safer corner even though he doesn't score. In a perfect world we keep this core.

A55VA6

Legend
I'd rather keep both, but I'll go with Jenkins. I feel like he's a game changer and will get even better with age. He'll be playing for a long time.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
JJ has made more splash plays and has stayed on the field more. I'd like to have both back, but Jenkins is the better of the two IMO.

Edit to add: Plus JJ is a freaking beast in run support. Having a guy who covers like he does, makes plays like he does, and also is a plus run defender is HUGE.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think it's impossible for us to keep both especially since a lot of cap space will be had by then and a lot 9 our main players will still be in rookie contracts. If I had to pick it would be Jenkins. He is the better corner and that's no knock on Johnson because he is very good but jenkins has 6 defensive touchdowns. He can win games on his own ala Arizona game rookie year

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Jj simply because he doesn't get hurt that often. Didn't tru miss a few games last year and his rookie year?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't think it's impossible for us to keep both especially since a lot of cap space will be had by then and a lot 9 our main players will still be in rookie contracts. If I had to pick it would be Jenkins. He is the better corner and that's no knock on Johnson because he is very good but jenkins has 6 defensive touchdowns. He can win games on his own ala Arizona game rookie year

Yeah, but JJ can lose games too. Then again, with this pass rush, a thief is a good man to have. As long as the pass rush is pounding, you don't have to worry as much about the game changing deep ball. If he improves in 2015 on not over committing, JJ, otherwise Johnson.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I like Jenkins big play potential. He's a guy that can change a game in your favor. The only big plays he ever gave up are when he fell down, and the safety either wasn't supposed to be helping, or forgot to.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If the Rams want to keep both they will work out a way to make it happen.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I voted Tru based on this season. BUT a huge thing for me is FS... Every time JJ gets burned it seems to be a miscommunication between him and McLeod... If this gets shored up and our pass rush stays mighty then it will be JJ in my mind.

Last edited:

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava

If the Rams want to keep both they will work out a way to make it happen.

Agreed don't wait and get into bidding wars over our own players we can probably get both or at the very least one of them to sign extension now.But if forced to choose one over the other I would go with TRU he is the better cover corner and that is imperative for our front four pass rush to be successful.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tru is better at executing the scheme. I love Jenks but until he starts showing some discipline his talent doesn't matter.

It's no mistake that this defense started really coming on as soon as Tru came back...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tru is better at executing the scheme. I love Jenks but until he starts showing some discipline his talent doesn't matter.

It's no mistake that this defense started really coming on as soon as Tru came back...

But that's probably because they have tru, jj and Gaines on the field the same time, alot of the time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

could you please explain how that works seeing jenkins was a 2nd round pick and tru was a 3rd round pick? thanks.

Big Willie

Starter
Tru for his length. JJ has not developed to the expected level and still seems to be making the same dumb plays. Tru seems to get better each year. I think they have the money to keep both, but, I think they will move on from JJ and add another young corner to the mix. Tru and EJ as starters on the edge would be a good combo.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Most people are saying Tru because he's more disciplined. I can feel that, but Jenkins isn't undisciplined any more. I went back and looked at a couple games just to see, and Jenkins has been really consistent for me.

He's playing very well, he has given up big plays but not many compared to what he used to, and Tru has been burned almost as much even if it didn't count or he wasn't thrown at. On the McLeod hit, Tru got burned by Sanders and had to hold him to avoid a TD. It happens, no corner is perfect, even Revis got burned last week.

I think last week Janoris held his guy to like 5-10 total yards. He's been pretty lock down recently and his bigger play potential than Tru. Now, Tru had those 2 splash plays with the picks, but Janoris had the better coverage game, and I think he's the better coverage player. The only thing Tru brings over JJ for me is his size, but that's not a problem, JJ has locked down guys like Colston, Graham, Marshall, Fitzgerald, big guys who can get up there.

I'd sign Janoris, but ideally both.