Tru J or Talib? (poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CB2. Tru J or Talib?

• Tru J

• Talib

• Neither. Open up the job in camp and hope that someone sticks.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Let's "try" to leave out the money/contract stuff....and focus on talent, scheme fit and the locker room for this decision.

Would you rather retain Trumaine Johnson or bring in Aquib Talib as our CB2?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All things the same, Tru is much younger, so you have to factor that in as well, however, I voted for the CB I believe is most likely to be a Ram in 2018.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Neither. Richard Sherman is my choice, if he's released. If not, a cornerback in the draft is my choice.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like what Talib could bring here, and the thought of having Peters and Talib together on the back end is nothing short of intriguing....but i voted for Tru J mostly due to his age and having been a part of this locker room for years. Part of me wonders if Peters and Talib would mesh very well. IMO Tru J would absolutely beast it as a #2. We saw it when JJenkins was here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If Tru does stay it’s huge for what Sean McVay is trying to accomplish as a HC . It makes the CB position Bar mon the best in the NFL.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Neither. Give me Bashaud Breeland best combination of age, fit, and familiarity available outside of the draft.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like what Talib could bring here, and the thought of having Peters and Talib together on the back end is nothing short of intriguing....but i voted for Tru J mostly due to his age and having been a part of this locker room for years. Part of me wonders if Peters and Talib would mesh very well. IMO Tru J would absolutely beast it as a #2. We saw it when JJenkins was here.

Me too...Tru is good, as long as his asking price isn't insane. But then, FA is the place where insane prices are paid for top players.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Talib is a moron. I really don't think he fits on this team. I hope we re-sign Tru. He's stated several times he wants to be here, too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Talib is a moron. I really don't think he fits on this team. I hope we re-sign Tru. He's stated several times he wants to be here, too.
For spelling it correctly you get this...
download (1).jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I voted Tru for several reasons. I think he wouldn't be the cheapest though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't really leave the contract stuff out of it because that's the determining factor for me. Talib is more talented and the better scheme fit, but he's old and might be on the decline soon. Tru is the safer choice if we take money out of the equation, but with money in the equation, Talib is the safer choice.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I voted Talib, but honestly I’ll trust Wade on this.

He didn’t have an NT last year and we faced a bevy of interior run teams so we know that’s an issue.

With greater interior pressure, is Troy Hill enough that we basically have what we need as long as NRC is 100%?

We know that more pressure equals less coverage time, so maybe the best CB2 is a beast NT.

I dunno. Lots of unknowns atm.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
I like how Tru seems to have matured into a leadership role. If the money is right, he's the best fit IMO.