Troy Hill interview - ESPN LA 710

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
c9adc54fe3d0453c8e24eb25a33f7f95.jpeg

[av]http://play.podtrac.com/espn-bestofespnla/c.espnradio.com/s:5L8r1/audio/3171886/espnlamorningshowcuts_2016-10-26-125926.64k.mp3[/av]

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/201...inds-his-niche-outside-of-the-starting-lineup

Cornerback Hill finds his niche outside of the starting lineup
By Jack Wang, Los Angeles Daily News

AR-161119663.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Staff File Photo

A week ago, cornerback Trumaine Johnson’s return to the starting lineup seemed to spell an end for Troy Hill’s role on defense. After filling in at outside corner, the former Oregon star was relegated mostly to special teams, playing just eight defensive snaps in a loss to the Panthers.

But when Lamarcus Joyner briefly left Sunday’s 9-6 road win over the Jets due to injury, the Rams moved E.J. Gaines from outside corner to nickelback. That allowed Hill to play 31 snaps on defense (52 percent). He finished with four combined tackles, and a pass breakup that forced the Jets to punt early in the fourth quarter.

After being picked on by opposing quarterbacks during Johnson’s two-game absence last month (high ankle sprain), Hill turned in arguably the best performance of his career this past weekend. Pro Football Focus graded the former undrafted signee as the Rams’ best defensive player against the Jets.

“Troy just tackles well,” head coach Jeff Fisher said. “Recognizes things. Completely trust him. He can play. I’m glad we’ve got him. Because if he’s not in the defensive plan as one of those starters, he’s in a position on special teams where he’s having an impact.

“He’s an inside guy, despite his size. On kickoff coverage, he’s going down and weaving and moving and knocking returners down.”

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
He played great. The timing on that pass break up without drawing a flag....textbook.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We should go Tru Johnson, Troy Hill, and EJ Gaines....and Hill should start on the outside OVER Gaines...

I'm interested in seeing Gratz play as well....

This should be a great test this week. Adam Gase offense (isn't our offense supposed to look like this?)...some great receivers (loved D. Parker in the draft)...and a powerful running game (Ajai looking good)...hold THIS team under 300 total yards, that's doing something

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
It's crazy that with more game experience, he's getting better. I wonder if that could apply to anyone else on the roster.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It's crazy that with more game experience, he's getting better. I wonder if that could apply to anyone else on the roster.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Well, he probably practices too!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We should go Tru Johnson, Troy Hill, and EJ Gaines....and Hill should start on the outside OVER Gaines...

I'm interested in seeing Gratz play as well....

This should be a great test this week. Adam Gase offense (isn't our offense supposed to look like this?)...some great receivers (loved D. Parker in the draft)...and a powerful running game (Ajai looking good)...hold THIS team under 300 total yards, that's doing something
I hear you champ, and I like most of what your saying, I'm just not sure about starting Hill ahead of Gaines! I need more input!

football-players-coach-animated-gif-clr.gif
Johnny%205.jpg

A55VA6

Legend
Kid is playing well for us. Hope he can turn into a McLeod-like guy. McLeod seemed to get better and better every season.