Troy Hill had a good game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hill was very good and earned his spot for 2018 IMO. I'm not sure I'd resign TruJo but I want NRC back as our slot CB. A 1st round CB in TruJo's spot might be great and maybe another vet on a prove it deal that Wade likes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hill had the best game I've seen from him tonight. NRC did well too. Tru was invisible for most of the night (I was quite disappointed in him). Our pass defense as a whole played well.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I noticed him too. I wonder if he could compete for a starting spot next year. Or should we still target CB early in the draft as most on this board want to do? I definitely want to go defense early and often in the draft just wondering if mebbe pass rusher or true NT would be wiser picks.
I'm about done with Kayvon Webster; too many injuries in his career already.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still would like to see a shutdown corner added to this defense. Guy with top cover/ball skills would be immensely beneficial to Wade.

And of course the edge OLB with fresh legs for the contain, as well as a NT and thumper ILB would be nice to pair with Tree. This defense badly needs some TLC in the draft IMO.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Noticed that too. Hill had a good game. He had a good *season*, in fact. Very welcome development. You can never have enough corners. Still not sure I'd like to see him as a starter. Let him try and make that case next season.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
With Hill and Peterson, I'm happy with cornerback depth, but I'd still add more to the mix, just in case.

fearsomefour

Legend
Hill was very good and earned his spot for 2018 IMO. I'm not sure I'd resign TruJo but I want NRC back as our slot CB. A 1st round CB in TruJo's spot might be great and maybe another vet on a prove it deal that Wade likes.
Exactly my thoughts during the game.
Countess (dispite the silly turnover on the punt) made a couple of nice tackles as well.

fearsomefour

Legend
Hill had the best game I've seen from him tonight. NRC did well too. Tru was invisible for most of the night (I was quite disappointed in him). Our pass defense as a whole played well.
Yeah.
Ryan didn't have a ton of incompletions but there wasn't much down field. Probably because of the pass pressure early.
Pass D was good.
Atlantas secondary was very good.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Troy Hill is a local Ventura/Oxnard guy. Went to HS here in Ventura. He did have a good game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Now it's your job to find our 1st round CB to replace Johnson.
636187202926893177-JACKSOn-IOWA.jpg

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Biggest factor in the game imho

If he stays in, I predict we win the game.

Morgan did his darndest but he just isn't Brockers
If they are going to use Brockers as an end we need a much bigger nose tackle than Westbrooks.
Even in this 3-4/4-3 hybrid that Phillips runs, we have looked weak in the middle overall.

If we don't have the depth to recover from an injury in the trenches?
We need to get it.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hill had a good game! According to ESPN Stats Hill had 6 Tackles/5 Solo/ 1 tackle for Loss and 3 passes defended!
He had some “big game” experience at University of Oregon. Being he was from the Southern Cal area I think he felt at home. He played well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hill has talent...and plays man to man pretty well.

Yeah and he's always had good ball skills. Some corners never learn how to play the ball (ahem Webster) but he's got natural instincts there in coverage and the Rams coaches have done a great job bringing him along in the other areas where he needed to improve.

I don't want to go all crazy on him based on a few games, but he's looked good since he came in for Web and maybe he's finally found his niche playing for Wade. I hope so, because I'm damn terrified by this offseason when I look at corner.