Trouble in the Desert?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ssive-outing-for-carson-palmer-and-cardinals/

The good news for the Cardinals on Friday night was that Bruce Arians was on the sideline coaching a few days after going to the hospital due to diverticulitis.

The bad news was that quarterback Carson Palmer and the first-team offense couldn’t get much of anything going during their three drives in the first quarter against the Chargers. Palmer couldn’t lead the Cardinals to any points and helped the Chargers score some of their own.

Palmer appeared to stumble a bit before throwing a quick screen that was intercepted by cornerback Brandon Flowers and returned 25 yards for a touchdown. Palmer ended his night with four completions in eight tries and 37 yards while the Cardinals gained 42 yards altogether during his time in the game.

Things didn’t get much better once the Cardinals changed quarterbacks as Drew Stanton was picked off by Jahleel Addae to end his first drive of the night.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I am in the camp that believes that the good teams who struggle on the scoreboard in the preseason have nothing to worry about once the games start to count...and vice versa. Pre season scoreboard is meaningless IMO.

I'd love to see the Cards fall flat on their face in 2016 but it ain't happening unless they lose Palmer.

SierraRam

Recreational User
it ain't happening unless they lose Palmer.

Week four baby!
upload_2016-8-19_21-18-21.jpeg
upload_2016-8-19_21-18-33.jpeg
upload_2016-8-19_21-18-46.jpeg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
IDK....San Diego looked awful a week ago...then this...Az looked very beatable then this....Something is going on in Az....Reminds me of that playoff loss...Like the team lost confidence in Carson after that game last year...

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When some QBs hit the wall, they really hit it. If Manning had been any less a cerebral QB, he would have been absolutely horrible last year. Here's hoping Palmer is at the wall.

WestCoastRam

Legend
@Mojo Ram, very good point. Not game planning on offense is probably even worse than not game planning on defense for a team.

Ellard80

Legend
Outside of seeing what some young guys have... and avoiding injuries.

Pre-season is indicative of nada.

I hope Palmer suddenly sucks... but one pre-season game signifies nil.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ssive-outing-for-carson-palmer-and-cardinals/

The good news for the Cardinals on Friday night was that Bruce Arians was on the sideline coaching a few days after going to the hospital due to diverticulitis.

The bad news was that quarterback Carson Palmer and the first-team offense couldn’t get much of anything going during their three drives in the first quarter against the Chargers. Palmer couldn’t lead the Cardinals to any points and helped the Chargers score some of their own.

Palmer appeared to stumble a bit before throwing a quick screen that was intercepted by cornerback Brandon Flowers and returned 25 yards for a touchdown. Palmer ended his night with four completions in eight tries and 37 yards while the Cardinals gained 42 yards altogether during his time in the game.

Things didn’t get much better once the Cardinals changed quarterbacks as Drew Stanton was picked off by Jahleel Addae to end his first drive of the night.

It is preseason and some coaches have different philosphies in preseason. Remember how good the Rams played during the preseason under Spags, but the regular season they didnt do so well. While I do enjoy seeing our division foes stumble at any time, I wouldnt make much of it. Just as I dont worry to much about the outcome of our Rams preseason games. If the players show good/excellent effort and nobody gets hurt that is good news to me.

Name
rick
Arizona AND Seattle BOTH appear to be on the downside of their current runs. Rams could really slide in soon and control this Division.

A55VA6

Legend
If I remember correctly the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in preseason that year. Preseason W/L means nothing

WestCoastRam

Legend
If I remember correctly the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in preseason that year. Preseason W/L means nothing

Yes, I agree, win/losses mean nothing but I think you can glean something from individual performances... I'd love to see Palmer struggle every outing in preseason.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Arians' little episode affected the offensive gameplanning. They'll pick right up and do well in week 3.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw Palmer in game one I think, and he looked damn good..Moved well, nice passes...I wouldn't worry about Palmer if I was Zona untile they play Aaron Donald...:rockon:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wins & losses, yes....but my ones dominate your ones, in the 1st and 2nd quarters...I'm feeling pretty good...don't mind losing in the end with 3's....