Trouble in DC with Griffin uh-oh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...bert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-came-top

I just saw this on ESPN's site.........holy crap this could blow up in Snders face........pleasepleasepleaseplease let that happen I hate that piece of shit.

Multiple members of the Washington Redskins organization told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter this week that they believe the decision to go back to quarterback Robert Griffin III and away from Colt McCoy, who had led the team to two straight wins, is an owner- and general manager-driven decision.

Redskins executive Tony Wyllie strongly denied that, telling ESPN it was the "coach [Jay Gruden's] decision, and the owner has nothing to do with it -- scratch that."

Owner Dan Snyder and GM Bruce Allen are strong Griffin supporters and sources tell ESPN they believe the time is right for him to return to the starting lineup.

Griffin's support with players, however, is not as strong as it is with the highest levels of the organization, according to sources.

When Griffin began addressing the media in the locker room on Friday for the first time since dislocating his left ankle in Week 2, about 15 teammates began shouting. It was so loud and distracting, the franchise quarterback -- and reporters -- had to leave the locker room so Griffin could speak someplace where he could be heard. That's when the cheering got even more boisterous.

A source familiar with the incident told ESPN's Britt McHenry that Griffin has "alienated himself" from the locker room.

Griffin, who is making his first start since Week 2 on Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, tweeted in the hours before the game.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wow.
This is a good sign that Rams fans are due for another good day.

News travels in 3 ' s
Griffin is a problem.
Rams win.
Whiners lose.

Should be a good day.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If this is true (and I have my doubts), there is something seriously wrong with that team.

They just beat probably the best Cowboys team since the 90s on national tv and they still have drama.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If this is true (and I have my doubts), there is something seriously wrong with that team.

They just beat probably the best Cowboys team since the 90s on national tv and they still have drama.

If teammates are yelling to disturb a press conference that's not a good thing.........

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If teammates are yelling to disturb a press conference that's not a good thing.........

I still have my doubts. Sometimes media likes to make something out of nothing. Then again Robert Griffin III isn't very likeable so it's very possible too.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I still think we got the best end of that trade. We might be stuck in QB limbo, but had we drafted Griffin I think we'd still have QB issues less the extra picks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Dan Snyder has yet to learn the lesson that favoring one player over the others will lead to resentment and division in the locker room. He did the same thing with Clinton Portis. Owners should hire the right people to run their franchise and then let them do their jobs. Jerry Jones clown show last Monday night is another embarrassing example of that.

It's amazing that these smart men, with successful careers, can be so oblivious and unintelligent when it comes to seeing this.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
It's amazing that these smart men, with successful careers, can be so oblivious and unintelligent when it comes to seeing this.
When you're rich for so long you lose common sense from lack of using it, since you don't have to worry about anything. Having money like those guys do alienate them from reality and make them forget that consequence is a thing that applies to them.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Just because a owner can make a fortune in one area doesn't mean he can run a football team.