Tron's midseason Mock draft v1.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
i feel we need to see what mcgee can do before we go drafting cbs high. i think jenks and tru can play outside hopefully mcgee can play nickel. Or he could turn out to a stud like stacy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
whoa whoa whoa... so you wanna get rid of Long and Quinn and go for some kid who isnt proven???? Clowney has been getting gased this whole season, Quinn has been destroying qbs all season and Long has been doing great as well, not sure why you would give up two of the best players on the team for a rookie?

Not sure you are addressing my post fancents86 but you may have misread my post...the reason for strongly considering a DE like Clowney is because of the future issues trying to keep two great DE's on the Rams. getting a contract for Quinn with current contracts like JL (10.5 mil) & CL (15 mil) throw in Bradford (17.6 million) ....and well its near impossible thing to do. No one wants to loose Quinn so you start now to give yourself some possible "play room".

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
whoa whoa whoa... so you wanna get rid of Long and Quinn and go for some kid who isnt proven???? Clowney has been getting gased this whole season, Quinn has been destroying qbs all season and Long has been doing great as well, not sure why you would give up two of the best players on the team for a rookie?

I'd draft Clowney if given the chance. I don't think anyone is saying to give up on Quinn. I might consider trading Long if the right offer came in and we got Clowney.

Clowney is a freak. As far as him getting gassed all season, that's media misrepresentation. Long and Quinn have only played around 79% of our snaps each. There's a lot of rotation at DE in the pros.

But preferably, we could hold on to Long for a year to allow Clowney to develop, rotate and get used to the NFL. Clowney is just too good of a talent to pass up. He's a Julius Peppers type talent. But I doubt he makes it to us.

duckhunter

Starter
Using the same logic to draft Clowney which I don't necessarily disagree with, one can make a strong case that we have to consider a QB, if he is BPA, in the first then.

What do they do? It will be interesting.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Using the same logic to draft Clowney which I don't necessarily disagree with, one can make a strong case that we have to consider a QB, if he is BPA, in the first then.

What do they do? It will be interesting.

I would. On a Interactive Mock Draft(bunch of people act as GMs and draft for their team) last year in like December or January, I traded down to the 20s from the Rams first and Geno Smith was the highest rated player available so I took him even with Bradford.

That all said, if you get a trade offer that's good for that QB...that's also hard to pass up.

duckhunter

Starter
With the low $ cost of draftees on the cap, why not have two quality players at QB?

Here's a really off the wall line of thinking. Draft two QBs in the first and open it up to competition between the two. Cut Bradford and use his $25M to sign 3 young pro bowl type players. Depends on the cap hit but has some merit.

I'm not in love with any player per se but think we need to do what is best for the team. Out of the box thinking is at least worth looking at. In the box thinking hasn't done much lately.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Damn dude, I just got done watching your players you picked and I think they would be a hell of addition of talent but meet position needs. Some thoughts: 1. I think these picks would move these position groups from good to dominate! Imagine D- Line: Long, Langford, Nix, Quinn with our depth? LB - Ogletree another year in, J-Lau, Perryman, Ray Ray(OMG! Imagine!) Secondary - Jenkins, Johnson, Verrett, maybe Finnegan, and Mcgee; Mcleod, Mcdonald, Stewart. QB: Sam, Clemens, Keeton. I'm not 100% sold on Pryor the safety from Louville but he's not horrible by that one game I seen of him by any means. I'll start eventually looking up more games on these players and more importantly watching to see how they dominate or fold against other top prospects. That to me is what makes me want someone in the draft. For instance Vacarro last year... he was a big name but against top talent he folded a lot and I don't feel he'll turn into a great player on the NFL level, still after watching him this year. Watched him be burned exactly like in college.

Offensive line is a area I feel this next off season we need to address for years to come with young talent and good depth.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn dude, I just got done watching your players you picked and I think they would be a hell of addition of talent but meet position needs. Some thoughts: 1. I think these picks would move these position groups from good to dominate! Imagine D- Line: Long, Langford, Nix, Quinn with our depth? LB - Ogletree another year in, J-Lau, Perryman, Ray Ray(OMG! Imagine!) Secondary - Jenkins, Johnson, Verrett, maybe Finnegan, and Mcgee; Mcleod, Mcdonald, Stewart. QB: Sam, Clemens, Keeton. I'm not 100% sold on Pryor the safety from Louville but he's not horrible by that one game I seen of him by any means. I'll start eventually looking up more games on these players and more importantly watching to see how they dominate or fold against other top prospects. That to me is what makes me want someone in the draft. For instance Vacarro last year... he was a big name but against top talent he folded a lot and I don't feel he'll turn into a great player on the NFL level, still after watching him this year. Watched him be burned exactly like in college.

Offensive line is a area I feel this next off season we need to address for years to come with young talent and good depth.

Understandable. I think i adressed the O-Line pretty good with Moses, Long and Walters.

As for the Safety...IMO, Pryors game against Rutgers was better than any Clinton-Dix has played, and that showed me the potential he has. That is my personal opinion though of course.

Thanks for the feedback bro, enjoy some constructive criticism. Let me know who you like and who to watch out for so i can do my homework on them.

Pryor is my favorite safety if he declares, if he doesnt Bucannon is, though he will draw a lot of penalties which will suck.

nighttrain

Legend
If you want, you can switch around the Perryman and Moses pick....

I don't usually have 3 defensive players going in a row like that, this is just one of the rare cases that just fell together that way. Thanks for the props.
you deserve them, very nice and informative. I don't watch much college ball, so i really appreciate the time you and others take to educate me :)
train

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Understandable. I think i adressed the O-Line pretty good with Moses, Long and Walters.

As for the Safety...IMO, Pryors game against Rutgers was better than any Clinton-Dix has played, and that showed me the potential he has. That is my personal opinion though of course.

Thanks for the feedback bro, enjoy some constructive criticism. Let me know who you like and who to watch out for so i can do my homework on them.

Pryor is my favorite safety if he declares, if he doesnt Bucannon is, though he will draw a lot of penalties which will suck.
Hell ya bro! I'll start on offseason stuff when I know we are eliminated from playoffs. We have a decent chance still because we play a lot of the other teams ahead of us for contention. Let's see!

Anyways Ill let you know when I start feeling some players and we can play tennis back and forth on players ad feedback! Actully excited to go over this of season with ya brah!