Trons 2 for 1 Mockstravaganza!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which do you prefer?

• Mock #1

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Mock #2

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Neither, you suck at this! Never come back to ROD!!!

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Ok, So I have been playing around with 4 different mocks for about a month now and finally decided to say fuck it, and just post something. I made a dream mock and a more realistic mock, both are possible, just one is a lot more plausible I suppose. First will be the dream mock, lets get this shit going!!!

Rams Mock #1(the dream mock):

-Rams trade Trumaine Johnson to Browns for #65 - Frees up lots of cap space too to sign some players still on market or get cut)

-Rams trade Tavon Austin to Bills for #75, Rams give #189 - The Bills wanted him originally so now they finally get him after losing a few wr's in FA. Also frees up more cap room to sign whoever.

-Rams trade #37 and #112 to Titans for #32 -Trade works our pretty well with value chart.

Lets get to the picks!!! Not gonna go into detail much on them as we know most of these guys by now.​

1.32 Corey Davis WR, Western Michigan

Our future #1 WR. He falls to the end of the first and Rams jump all over it before the Browns can grab him in the 2nd.

3.65 Cooper Kupp WR, Eastern Washington

Kupp can play any WR position but think he is at his best playing out of the slot for the most part. Our top WR's group is now set.

3.69 Sidney Jones CB Washington

Wont miss all season. Rams play it safe and don't start him till after the Bye week.

3.75 Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado

Big cover man who can add some muscle and become a dominate force with Jones.

4.141 George Kittle TE Iowa

A great compliment to Higbee, Kittle is a beast blocker and has been an under utilized receiver.

5.149 Chase Roullier C Wyoming

Learns under Kromer and Sullivan to eventually be our starting center.

6.206 Blair Brown ILB Ohio

ILB depth with good instincts.

7.234 TJ Logan RB North Carolina

RB depth on 3rd down and good returner for kickoffs.

*Yes I know trading away Trujo will hurt our CB unit in the short term even if we bring in a few vets, but I'm willing to risk it for future greatness.

Rams mock #2(the realistic mock):

-Browns trade #52 and #65 to Rams for #37

2.52 Chris Godwin WR Penn State

Good speed and great hands, potential #1 wr down the road.

3.65 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE Villlanova

Solidifies our D-line and good complement to AD on the other side

3.69 Jourdan Lewis CB Michigan

Our new #2 CB next to Trujo

4.112 Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell

Whitworth wont be around long so a developmental tackle with great measurables seems like a good idea.

4.141 James Conner RB Pittsburgh

Size, speed, power and moves. Will be a great one-two combo with Gurley.

5.149 KD Cannon WR Baylor

We need a deep threat and Kannon hits the nail on the head to be a future beast in that role.

6.189 Jeremy Cutrer CB Middle Tennessee

Underrated CB who needs to add some weight but could be a future #2 at worst if he continues to progress.

6.206 Avery Moss OLB Youngstown State

Developmental OLB with some pass rushing skills.

7.234 Michael Roberts TE Toledo

Might not make it to the 7th but in this scenario he does. Big TE with good catch radius and solid blocker to go with a big red zone target.

Feedback always welcome. Hope you like some of it at least. Go Rams!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you trade a player, you only eat the money that you already paid out. We'd only eat the roster bonus that we paid.
Thanks, so it's only about $11.477mil? We wouldn't have a cap hit of $19mil?

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks jrry. What about his salary of $3.5mil for 2017 which became guaranteed on 3-1, would that count against the Rams cap as well?

But his 2018 Roster Bonus of $5M is due the 3rd league day. So we could move him next year before the 3rd day of the season and not take a hit. Seems like we should keep him this year.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks jrry. What about his salary of $3.5mil for 2017 which became guaranteed on 3-1, would that count against the Rams cap as well?

But his 2018 Roster Bonus of $5M is due the 3rd league day. So we could move him next year before the 3rd day of the season and not take a hit. Seems like we should keep him this year.

His salary is paid out over the 17 weeks of the regular season, so the new team acquires that. I agree that we should keep him this year.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Forgot about his cap hit. Oh well. Makes sense to keep him then. So we keep TA and don't get witherspoon. Or we do it anyway. It's a crazy mock anyway, might as well keep it that way lol. I like who we get.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm taking #1 all day....Blair Brown...what is it with guys liking him? I like

#2 has good players....but not really starters in year 1 for the Rams...

Great work Tron

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm taking #1 all day....Blair Brown...what is it with guys liking him? I like

#2 has good players....but not really starters in year 1 for the Rams...

Great work Tron

The last pick was the hardest in #1 and just picked an ILB I've read a little about lol. Went through about 20 guys before picking someone. Don't know much about Evans tbh, will have to read up on him. Thanks for the feedback!