Trivia Question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name the team that two of the second most important games were won by the Rams in St Louis and LA? (Go with me on this, cuz if I am any more clear you will get this easily!)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tampa Bay Bucs
Dammit..,.Too many remember the 1999 NFC Championship Game, which made this one too easy...On second thought, you are an oldster like me, so you remember the 9-0 drubbing we gave the Creamsickle boys in 1979!:rockon:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My granddad took me to that game in 79.

That was the beginning of my hate for Tampon.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Los Angeles Rams defeated the Buccaneers 9-0 in the NFL Championship game and it was not that close, should have been 26-0 as Ferragamo missed on some opportunities. Those 70's teams under Knox were better, but Fred Dryer said that Malavasi was more open for post season, that Knox did well during regular season, but always stayed conservative in the playoffs, which always brought the Rams up short.

I concur to a degree, but Knox did not have the best of luck either, one year he went for the touchdown at the goal line against the Vikings and they held the Rams, the next year, he kicked the FG and it was blocked. Had a playoff game won against the Chargers with the Bills only to lose on a desperation pass by Foutes with former Ram Bill Simpson falling down.

I always felt under Knox, his field goal kickers were not good until the signed Rafael Septien in 1977 to replace Tom Dempsey. David Ray was good in 1973, but had a bad playoff game missed three field goals and the Rams brought in Dempsey in 75 and he was just awful IMO. Should have went with a younger kicker earlier, but that is not the only reason Knox lost with the Rams, but his final season in 1977 underscored his luck as the Rams played the Vikings at home in a mud bowl because for the first time in a 100 years it rained in Southern, CA.

Again imagine if they belt the Metro Dome a decade earlier and the Rams played the Vikings inside? Would've been a totally different story.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wasnt' that the phantom holding call against Mack?

Sure was and Ron Jessie actually was in the end zone and the Ref marked him at the one, even back then Rams were getting hosed by the officials.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Dammit..,.Too many remember the 1999 NFC Championship Game, which made this one too easy...On second thought, you are an oldster like me, so you remember the 9-0 drubbing we gave the Creamsickle boys in 1979!:rockon:
That's the first one I thought of. That 9-0 game really stuck in my head. Then of course, who could forget the Ricky Proehl catch?:yess: