Trey Watts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
So wow he gets carries before Mason. We could have used that pick on this horrible defense

Mick

Pro Bowler
Very impressed with Watts....looks like he belongs, and that is rare for an UDFA in his rookie year....

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I liked what I saw of Watts today. Be positive he looked good. Maybe this will wake Mason up a bit?

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watts is getting carries because he is good - not because Mason is bad.

I'm not saying he was. Just mad we got a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick not playing and our defense is horrible. That's supposed to be our calling card. I'm more comfortable with the O. And our high priced D line isn't doing anything. Quinn need some help

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm not saying he was. Just mad we got a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick not playing and our defense is horrible. That's supposed to be our calling card. I'm more comfortable with the O. And our high priced D line isn't doing anything. Quinn need some help

I get your frustration, but you draft players with an eye towards what they are going to be over the next 4-5 years, and not the first 4-5 games.

If they knew they would find Watts as an UDFA, I'd bet they would use that 3rd elsewhere, too - but there are a lot of games ahead of all of these guys.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Watts is getting carries because he is good - not because Mason is bad.

Boy has heart and Skills. He, Stacy and Cunningham were the BOMB runing Blocking and catching. Does not mean he is a bust. It just means that he came into the league with a skill set that is wider and deeper than Mason due to his college system. Mason will be fine.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get your frustration, but you draft players with an eye towards what they are going to be over the next 4-5 years, and not the first 4-5 games.

If they knew they would find Watts as an UDFA, I'd bet they would use that 3rd elsewhere, too - but there are a lot of games ahead of all of these guys.
But the point is we didn't need Mason in the beginning. Now he's inactive 3 weeks straight.And on top of that we found another running back like we did last year as UDFA. But I get what your saying. We're close to breaking out of this funk I can feel it. We have 2weeks to get this defense together. I hope Tru is back after bye

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a bad formula when the refs aren't calling the holds and Chris long is being missed.

vdesai

UDFA
The reason we have Watts active over Mason is because Watts can fill Tavon's role better than Mason can. Watts is quick and has a small frame, I suspect they were going to use him to fill the hole that Tavon's injury left. On a side note I was really happy to see Harkey out there.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Mason is a work in progress on pass protection. He should get some carries once he addresses that. Other than that, I'm loving the depth we have with our halfbacks. If Stacy, Cunningham, Watts, and Mason all pan out, we might have to trade one of them for extra picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So wow he gets carries before Mason. We could have used that pick on this horrible defense

The reason Mason isn't getting carries isn't because he lacks ability. Watts was on the field in a lot of passing situations. Mason isn't out there because he can't pass block. Once he gets that down, I think we'll see a lot more of him. The Rams aren't going to trot a HB out there that can't pick a blitz up. You saw how important that was today. Stacy and Bennie had multiple blitz pick-ups that bought Davis time to complete a pass. And Harkey's blown blitz pick-up resulted in a pick six.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Really liked seeing watts play. The guy is really good.

ShaneFalco

people keep saying Mason is bad. Dude has not gotten 1 carry in a game yet.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm more upset with the fact that the "strength" of our team has been our weakness (the front 7)...