Trey Watts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watts really showed a little bit of everything. He can run and catch but what really impressed me was his blitz pick up. He is really giving Mason a run for his money. The Rams kept Stacy, Benny, Drich, Pead and Reynolds that's five I think Watts just replace Pead

PaRam24

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isn't it such a breath of fresh air to know that no matter who we cut it will be talent, to know than we are at a point now where we have depth at almost all positions and these are all hard decisions.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We need to keep 4 RB's and 4 QB's. Hate to be the one to make that choice, Gilbert can run a little bit, special teams? Lol

reggae

After his performance tonight and with Pead going down, is Watts a lock to make the team? He looked awful jumpy on some runs, but also showed good vision and the ability to find the opening. Also showed some explosiveness, and could possibly contribute on special teams. With our stacked backfield though is there a spot for him?
They're trying to showcase him. He won't make this team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why have I never heard of this kid before tonight? I was impressed by him,and thought he played better tha Tre Mason (gulp!)...I'd be for cutting Chris Givens and giving this kid a spot..Just don't think Givens has shown near enough, despite the td tonight..jmo

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was playing against backups. Still, I really liked the way Watts ran. He made every cut with a purpose, was decisive and knew when he could go east-west and when he needed to go north-south.

I'd like to see us keep Watts but it'll depend on what he can offer on special teams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why have I never heard of this kid before tonight? I was impressed by him,and thought he played better tha Tre Mason (gulp!)...I'd be for cutting Chris Givens and giving this kid a spot..Just don't think Givens has shown near enough, despite the td tonight..jmo

Givens did have nearly 700 yards as a rookie while Watts is playing against 2nd and 3rd string players. I don't think we can make the argument that Givens hasn't shown enough when compared to a kid like Watts. And personally, I think we're deeper at HB than we are at WR. I'd keep Givens over Watts. But I'd like to hope we can keep Watts over Chase Reynolds...that all said, Reynolds is a special teams guy so Watts has to be able to contribute there and I haven't really noticed him on STs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets see if we can squeeze him in:
QB(3): Bradford - Hill - Gilbert
HB(4): Stacy - Cunningham - Mason - Reynolds
WR(5): Quick - Britt - Austin - Givens - Pettis
TE(3): Cook - Kendricks - Harkey
OT(3): Long - Barksdale - Person
OG(4): Saffold - Joseph - Robinson - Bond
C(3): Wells - Barnes - Rhaney
Offensive Total - 25

DE(6): Quinn - Long - Hayes - Sims - Westbrooks - Sam
DT(4): Brockers - Langford - Donald - Carrington
OLB(4): Dunbar - Ogletree - Armstrong - Steward
MLB(2): Laurinaitis - Bates
CB(5): Jenkins - Johnson - Joyner - McGee - Gaines
S(4): McDonald - McLeod - Davis - Alexander
Defensive Total - 25

K: Zuerlein
P: Hekker
LS: McQuaide
Special Teams Total - 3

Suspended: Bailey

Unfortunately, I think he's competing with Reynolds, Bayer, Roberson, Reid, etc. for that last roster spot. We could cut Sam or Gilbert or Rhaney and try to put them on the practice squad. There's also a chance that Pettis is cut. But I think it'll be tough to get Watts on the team in that last roster spot.

Limey

Rookie
Wasn't looking good for Johnson, but if he's done for the season, I suppose they will keep Reid or Roberson. If they are convinced by Sam and Westbrooks, is there a chance that they would trade one of their rotational DEs (Hayes or Sims) that might have more immediate trade value but less long-term upside? Given Hayes history with Fisher, it's unlikely to be him, but then I didn't think Fisher would cut Finnegan.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Wasn't looking good for Johnson, but if he's done for the season, I suppose they will keep Reid or Roberson. If they are convinced by Sam and Westbrooks, is there a chance that they would trade one of their rotational DEs (Hayes or Sims) that might have more immediate trade value but less long-term upside? Given Hayes history with Fisher, it's unlikely to be him, but then I didn't think Fisher would cut Finnegan.

I had this same thought about trading someone. That is how NE does it and they keep a huge stock of draft picks every year. Go with the new guys that have the up side.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, I would keep Watts over Reynolds I realize how good Reynolds is on special teams, but they need to find somebody else. Watts could be special and I concur with jrry I want to keep 10 defensive lineman!

Memphis Ram

Legend
Well, I would keep Watts over Reynolds I realize how good Reynolds is on special teams, but they need to find somebody else. Watts could be special and I concur with jrry I want to keep 10 defensive lineman!

They almost have to with Hayes still not doing anything and Brockers struggling with these ankle sprains.