Trevor Siemian wins the Denver job again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-a...rterback/7e5046e0-f7ac-410b-b660-18d020e3f7ad

Despite being the 250th pick in the NFL draft, Trevor has beaten out 1st round pick Paxton Lynch for the starting job 2 years in a row. Obviously I am a fan of Trevor because we played together in high school and he is a great dude but I don't get why so many want to see him on the bench.

Trevor has not performed poorly in his starting work. He has thrown for 3,401 yards, 18 TDs in 12 games with a 59.5% completion rate and an 84.6 QBR. He had the benefit of sitting behind Peyton Manning in his final Super Bowl season so he was taught by a legend.

The media and general public dismiss him as a temporary option until Lynch is ready but why can't anyone believe Siemian could be the guy?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
When Horse Teeth drafted Lynch in the 1st round, I'm sure that was taken as a sign that Trevor didn't have what it takes in the eyes of Horse Teeth. And let's face it, despite his teeth, Elway was one hell of a QB.

I'm sure all of the draft "experts" crowned Lynch at that point,,, so now these so called experts are trying to will their lame grades and predictions to come true.

Not to mention... Northwestern doesn't traditionally produce NFL starters at a high level. LOL

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
The thing with Siemian IMO is he is very replaceable. He is not a bad QB, he is not a great QB either. He is ok, probably a real good back up long term. Also his 18TDs were in 14 games I believe.

Denver probably feels like they can make a real SB run again and are a QB away. They are in win now.

Who knows in year 2 for Siemian he might be able to do enough to get them back to a SB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really liked Lynch in that draft but he needed some coaching. Has a lot of physical upside he just needed the "game to slow down", guess it hasn't happened yet.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The thing with Siemian IMO is he is very replaceable. He is not a bad QB, he is not a great QB either. He is ok, probably a real good back up long term. Also his 18TDs were in 14 games I believe.

Denver probably feels like they can make a real SB run again and are a QB away. They are in win now.

Who knows in year 2 for Siemian he might be able to do enough to get them back to a SB.
I have to agree with this. Siemian missed 2 games last year so not bad for a 6th rounder. But he just seems like a guy who is what he is. Average arm strength and accuracy, bad pocket movement with two very good receivers on the outside. He won't make guys around him better, but won't make them worse. Denver is an 8-8, 9-7 team with him at QB even with an elite defense. And who knows how they will perform with the new coach.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Glad the Rams drafted Goff and I'm shocked the Broncos did not sign Colin Kaepernick so if Matthew Stafford does not resign with the Lions, I guess we know where his number one destination will be. Maybe Lynch finds it during the regular season, but right now I would not feel confident with Siemian calling signals and BTW the best Defensive Coordinator on the Planet is no longer patrolling the sidelines in Colorado.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just feel like Siemian is good enough to have a starting job in this league. Especially when there are so many teams desperate for decent QB play. Nobody ever considers Siemian anything more than a stopgap.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
When Horse Teeth drafted Lynch in the 1st round, I'm sure that was taken as a sign that Trevor didn't have what it takes in the eyes of Horse Teeth. And let's face it, despite his teeth, Elway was one hell of a QB.

I'm sure all of the draft "experts" crowned Lynch at that point,,, so now these so called experts are trying to will their lame grades and predictions to come true.

Not to mention... Northwestern doesn't traditionally produce NFL starters at a high level. LOL
But have you noticed how huge John Elway's teeth are?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

This guy ?

usmiech_-_umiech.jpg

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
422411_221843294576183_100002515430228_450813_306437602_n.jpg

That is actually John Elway's nephew and Denver third string quarterback Chad Kelly.

He went undrafted but they're looking to develop him.....in time.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
usmiech_-_umiech.jpg

This is the new Denver Bronco mascot that they are going to trot around the field if they ever score a touchdown