Trevor Laws announces hes coming to STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Did he sign with the Ram in order to have the opportunity to start? Or is he just a guy?

Dunno much about him.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jim Thomas on the signing:

@jthom1: League sources confirm Rams agree on 1-year deal w/former Philly DT Trevor Laws, who tweets: "it's time for me to take this show to STL."

@jthom1: Laws, 26, was rotation player for the Eagles but has some interior pass-rush skill. Signing doesnt preclude Rams from drafting starting DT.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seems like JAG. He has only started one game. Looks like he could provide depth at DT though.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Lesson said:
Did he sign with the Ram in order to have the opportunity to start? Or is he just a guy?

Dunno much about him.

Id be pretty suprised if he starts, but could be decent for depth at DT. I will say that I like that we are going after young players.

steferfootball

Starter
JdashSTL said:
@TrevorLaws: To all my people from Philly I will miss ya... but its time for me to take this show to STL. #memories
Perhaps it is just me being ignorant, but is this guy good enough to be considered a show?

That said, I'm really glad we signed someone. I'm not sure we even have a dt on the roster atm.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:
@TrevorLaws: To all my people from Philly I will miss ya... but its time for me to take this show to STL. #memories
Perhaps it is just me being ignorant, but is this guy good enough to be considered a show?

That said, I'm really glad we signed someone. I'm not sure we even have a dt on the roster atm.

Im pretty sure its him, Langford, Cudjo, and Scott. Not 100% sure though lol.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
evansilva:
New #Rams DT Trevor Laws was 47th pick in '08 draft. Led Notre Dame in tackles as senior nose tackle. 4-3 NT, will compete next to Langford.

I think he'll end up being a solid pick up. When we first brought him in for a workout I remember reading somewhere that the Eagles were happy with the way he was progressing before last year and looking at extending him. Guess he really struggled this last year tho. He never fit in to their new 9 wide system

Anonymous

Trevor Laws

Height: 6-1
Weight: 304 lbs.

Experience: 4 years
College: Notre Dame
Drafted: Year: 2008 Round: 2 Pick: 47, Eagles

Grade: Average Starter

Laws lacks great height but is a powerfully built interior defender with good functional strength. He feels pad pressure well and restricts running lanes effectively. Laws shows a good initial punch to stymie blockers at the point of attack. He can anchor on the interior versus double teams as well as showing power to push the pocket as a pass rusher

I don;t know a thing about this guy.

But. The Fisher Titans had a history with DTs.

Example: in 95, the Vikes drafted NT Jason Fisk in the 7th round. He didn't do much of anything with the Vikes. Then in 99 he signed with the Titans and played effectively. In 2000 he was the starter at NT for the league's first ranked defense.

I am obviously not predicting that Laws is a Fisk but still, Fisher seems to spot DTs and coach them up.

SunTzu_vs_Camus

I really liked Laws coming out and wanted the Rams to draft him.
Laws plays with a great motor and played very well in the Senior Bowl.
THAT being said, I thought he'd be a solid starter and am surprised the Eagles let him go.

As you pointed out, schemes and how coaches "use" their players matters GREATLY!
That's why one coaches trash is another coaches treasure!

I think Laws would be a super 3-tech penetrator for us next to Langford at DT.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This will end up being a great signing. (The man behind the curtain has spoken)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
zn said:
Trevor Laws

Height: 6-1
Weight: 304 lbs.

Experience: 4 years
College: Notre Dame
Drafted: Year: 2008 Round: 2 Pick: 47, Eagles

Grade: Average Starter

Laws lacks great height but is a powerfully built interior defender with good functional strength. He feels pad pressure well and restricts running lanes effectively. Laws shows a good initial punch to stymie blockers at the point of attack. He can anchor on the interior versus double teams as well as showing power to push the pocket as a pass rusher

I don;t know a thing about this guy.

But. The Fisher Titans had a history with DTs.

Example: in 95, the Vikes drafted NT Jason Fisk in the 7th round. He didn't do much of anything with the Vikes. Then in 99 he signed with the Titans and played effectively. In 2000 he was the starter at NT for the league's first ranked defense.

I am obviously not predicting that Laws is a Fisk but still, Fisher seems to spot DTs and coach them up.

SunTzu_vs_Camus

I really liked Laws coming out and wanted the Rams to draft him.
Laws plays with a great motor and played very well in the Senior Bowl.
THAT being said, I thought he'd be a solid starter and am surprised the Eagles let him go.

As you pointed out, schemes and how coaches "use" their players matters GREATLY!
That's why one coaches trash is another coaches treasure!

I think Laws would be a super 3-tech penetrator for us next to Langford at DT.

He hasn't really showed anything, so far in the NFL. I too thought he had a shot coming out to be a starter to quality starter. His numbers are not very good at this point. Let's hope that he can step it up and at least be a good rotational guy.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
He might just be just a JAG. But the quality of a teams JAG's can elevate the teams overall success
At 4 years exp. he's maxed out. If gets in a more "freindly" scheme he might improve a small amount. It's all about the scheme.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yamahopper said:
He might just be just a JAG. But the quality of a teams JAG's can elevate the teams overall success
At 4 years exp. he's maxed out. If gets in a more "freindly" scheme he might improve a small amount. It's all about the scheme.

Good point.