Trestman could be best fit for Austin, Bailey and the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Well I hope Chud is on his way to St Louis right now because the options are dwindling fast.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Ok, so what teams are still looking for OCs? Us, the Browns, and who?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Well, when we get down to brass tacks, I want an OC smart enough to put together a gameplan that's best suited to winning each individual game, and don't really give a hoot if it's G&P, 'open', passing oriented, or whatever.

As much as it pains me to give the Cheatriots any recognition, the one thing they do extraordinarily well is attack the weakness in the opposition's D. It's why they can have an unknown RB like Jonas freakin' Gray go off for what, 190+ yds in one game this season, and then in a postseason game, they don't call a single running play the entire 2nd half. Because they're not trying to 'run their offense' and letting the chips fall where they may, it's because their philosophy is to exploit your weaknesses. The whole "we've got to run our offense" (regardless of what that is) is just passé, and only works consistently if/when you have more talent than the opposition.
With the defense we have, taking what the defense is giving is exactly what we need from our offense.

But for that to work, we really need a coordinator who'll adjust with the defense.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Greg Olson - C - Jaguars
Jaguars hired ex-Raiders OC Greg Olson as offensive coordinator.

An NFL assistant 13 of the past 14 years, Olson coordinated the Raiders' offense in 2013-14, and Tampa Bay's from 2008-11. In between, he served as coach Mike Mularkey's QBs coach in Jacksonville. It's not a flashy hire, but Olson did good work with Derek Carr and Terrelle Pryor in Oakland, and Josh Freeman in Tampa. The Jags obviously believe he'll be able to coax improvement out of sophomore QB Blake Bortles, who was wildly erratic as a rookie. The news leaves ex-Broncos OC Adam Gase without an obvious landing spot.
Related: Raiders

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Jan 20 - 3:54 PM

Irish

Starter
Internal hire, gents. Prepare yourself for the disappointment now, while you still can.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still open
Cleveland
Chicago
St Louis
San Fransisco

Still out there
Gase
Chud

There's still hope!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cleveland - Not particularly appealing
Chicago - A little more appealing
St Louis - with the uncertainty, not very appealing
San Fransisco - at least it's pretty there. :)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Cleveland-Manziel
Chicago-Cutler
St Louis-Bradford
San Francisco-Kaepernick

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Hubris often gets in the way (see Martz) of that but it's impossible not to agree with your take. :)
You could call it hubris or you could just say that it's simply a case of not preparing properly. I hate them as much as anyone here but one has to give credit to NE for their ability to adjust game plans on a weekly basis (and at half time) to exploit an opponent’s weaknesses. This goes for their defense as well as offense. They're very good at eliminating your best weapons on offense and attacking you where you are weak defensively.

I don't think the Rams have an identity on offense but that's not necessarily a bad thing either. Keeping the opponents guessing is a powerful weapon. The problem of course is that our lack of a top passer limits our options to do so.

lockdnram21

Legend
Greg Olson - C - Jaguars
Jaguars hired ex-Raiders OC Greg Olson as offensive coordinator.

An NFL assistant 13 of the past 14 years, Olson coordinated the Raiders' offense in 2013-14, and Tampa Bay's from 2008-11. In between, he served as coach Mike Mularkey's QBs coach in Jacksonville. It's not a flashy hire, but Olson did good work with Derek Carr and Terrelle Pryor in Oakland, and Josh Freeman in Tampa. The Jags obviously believe he'll be able to coax improvement out of sophomore QB Blake Bortles, who was wildly erratic as a rookie. The news leaves ex-Broncos OC Adam Gase without an obvious landing spot.
Related: Raiders

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Jan 20 - 3:54 PM
Check out @ESPNdirocco's Tweet:
View: https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/557670968668475392

Alan

Legend
CodeMonkey seeing advantages to unpredictability:
I don't think the Rams have an identity on offense but that's not necessarily a bad thing either. Keeping the opponents guessing is a powerful weapon. The problem of course is that our lack of a top passer limits our options to do so.
That's a good point about unpredictability.

You have to have the ability/knowledge to be able to run different types of O. Even if it's within the same system. You can't just run a run or pass heavy O by calling run or pass plays, there has to be a definite plan with some symmetry/imagination (not a good choice of words but my mind is blank right now) for each.

You often have to do it on the fly too. Which is where I find fault with Schotty. He had the ability to script a good scheme for a game but if it didn't work out as expected or the D made adjustments he didn't seem to be able to do that effectively during a game.