Trent Dilfer Rumored to Leave ESPN For Job With 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/jerodbrown62/status/727163808431542272

The mass exodus of espn "talent" continues, only this one isn't leaving for another job in front of the camera.

I think we all remember the week one vikings vs 49ers game in which Dilfer heaped praise upon Kapernick for a mediocre performance in an impressive, but boring win.

Complimenting Kap all night over his improved mechanics and ability to make reads, Kap quickly returned to the mean later in the season and San Fran finished 4-12.

With new coach Chip Kelly, some see this as an opportunity for Kap to revive his career in a quarterback friendly system that relies heavily on the passer's athleticism.

Smart money says Dilfer joins on in a mentorship role for the Niner quarterbacks. Possibly as a full out Quarterbacks coach. Now Kap will have a large supporter of his in his corner.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/02/report-trent-dilfer-likely-out-at-espn/

Report: Trent Dilfer likely out at ESPN
Posted by Mike Florio on May 2, 2016

steve-young_trent-dilfer-1-e1462203091674.jpg
Getty Images

Will the last person to leave Bristol please sing the Don Meredith song?

On Sunday, Bob Raissman of the New York Daily News reported that ESPN’s Trent Dilferis likely headed out the door.” The change, if it occurs, will be triggered by money.

On Monday, Richard Deitsch of SI.com reported that, while Dilfer is still at ESPN, a separation is likely. All ESPN would say on the matter, per Deitsch, is that “[w]e are in the process of determining our NFL assignments for this fall.”

As Deitsch notes, Dilfer not long ago was regarded as the most likely replacement onMonday Night Football for Jon Gruden, if/when Gruden ever scratches the itch to coach again, man. Matthew Hasselbeck is expected to assume some of Dilfer’s Monday night responsibilities at the game site.

The fact that it’s not done yet but that it’s pointing in that direction suggests that someone has leaked this to show the other side that there’s no bluffing going on. It could be ESPN, it could be Dilfer. Regardless, if this move doesn’t cause someone to blink, we’ll all be looking at another bald-headed former quarterback on Monday nights and otherwise during the 2016 season.

Psycho_X

Legend
How Dilfer has continued to get jobs of any kind football related has always puzzled me. Both as a player and post-career. But at least it's the Whiners paying for his stupidity now so yay for that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Baaaaaaahahahahahahahaa

Perfect place for Dil-Hole... and I don't have to see or hear him on BSPN now. I completely approve.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Maybe Trent will drop some dimes on kap. I hated dilfers dimes. Good riddance, and he couldn't have gone to a more miserable place.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The eve of the 12 of September in Santa Clara, CA against Trent Dilfer and his San Francisco 49ers....I'm hoping Dilfer will be amazed on what's taking place with the Los Angeles Rams...In Goff We Trust!
head-coach-jeff-fisher-quarterback-jared-goff-and-general-manager-les-picture-id526180600

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dilweed. ESPN just got upgraded. Well maybe, because that assumes they don't hire another doofus.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Man don't get my hopes up!. Dilfer is the absolute worst on TV and the Air. How did he become the self proclaimed expert and get so much credibility?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think when he found out that Kelly actually wanted him to play QB instead of QB coach he tapped out