Tre Mason and His New Range Rover

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Just a question. Does anybody here know what Sam drives? Just want to compare mindsets. A whole list of our rosters rides would kill a few minutes of this dead time. Better than some of the crap coming off the wires from the big time outlets.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
He could be doing worse things with his money. He's a young guy and didn't go too crazy on a car. Anybody on here remember 20? :LOL:
I was still in college at 20. Working literally 3 and sometimes 4 different jobs and grateful that my parents let me stay until I finished my degree.

What I drove then ... was a bike. Ok. So for an accurate comparison my first new car was a TJ wrangler, drove a 75 impala for years before that. Did I look at used? Sure, but in the end it was a wash. I wanted something that I maintained myself. I didn't care about the depreciation driving off of the lot because I planned on driving it into a rusty heap in the dirt which is what I did.

13 years later and many holes in the floor I bought my next new car ... with cash along with a couple motorcycles one new one used. Moral of the story? Don't make payments, new or used just buy what you can afford.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Not sure what the debate is here. The car likely cost him somewhere around 2% of his 3mil contract. Said it before in this thread.

My car payment is like 8.5% of my monthly income, and that's every month. He got a better deal than I did.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFL players buy SUVs because they can't fit in anything else lol. Imagine Greg Robinson squeezing into a tiny ass sports car.

I've seen it done. I saw a 325 pound OG and a 310 pound LT get out of an Audi R8. ;)

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I was still in college at 20. Working literally 3 and sometimes 4 different jobs and grateful that my parents let me stay until I finished my degree.

What I drove then ... was a bike. Ok. So for an accurate comparison my first new car was a TJ wrangler, drove a 75 impala for years before that. Did I look at used? Sure, but in the end it was a wash. I wanted something that I maintained myself. I didn't care about the depreciation driving off of the lot because I planned on driving it into a rusty heap in the dirt which is what I did.

13 years later and many holes in the floor I bought my next new car ... with cash along with a couple motorcycles one new one used. Moral of the story? Don't make payments, new or used just buy what you can afford.
It took me a while to learn that buying a new car every 5 years was just dumb...money wise. Everyone should do it once. Now I buy 2 year old cars that have been well maintained...pay cash and keep it for 6-7 years.