Travis Benjamin to test free agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ree-agency-after-talks-with-browns-break-down

Travis Benjamin to test free agency after talks with Browns break down
By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer

February 23, 2016 7:54 pm ET

So much for the Browns and Travis Benjamin being "close" to agreeing on a new contract. Despite a previous report that indicated the two sides would work out a deal before the wide receiver hit the open market, the team and Benjamin have broken off contract talks.

As first reported by NFL Network's Rand Getlin, Benjamin will hit the open market after all -- coming from Benjamin's agent.

And that directly refutes what was reported a day ago, when ESPN's Tony Grossi tweeted that the Browns were "close" to signing Benjamin.

A fourth-round pick in the 2012 draft, Benjamin finally caught on in 2015, totaling 68 receptions, 966 yards and five touchdowns. More impressively, he did that even though he was forced to catch passes from Josh McCown, Johnny Manziel and Austin Davis.

For the Browns, it can't feel good to potentially lose a player they patiently developed for four seasons. Benjamin is a quality young player and the Browns need quality young players in order to build something successful in Cleveland. Locking up Benjamin at a reasonable price before free agency would've helped. Now, he'll likely be available for hire.

USATSI_benjamin_22316.jpg

Travis Benjamin will likely test free agency. (USATSI)

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I love this guy. Sign him and focus on getting a developmental guy I the draft and filling some other holes.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
There it is, my dreams are coming true....

And now that we have all that JJ money being freed up.