TRANSCRIPTS: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher- Training Camp- Post Practice- 8.31.15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Posted 31 August 2015

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Training Camp- Post Practice - 8-31-15

(On the decision to move practice indoors)
“We had lightning in the area. Anytime we get lightning within 12-15 miles, then we’re going to come in. Unfortunately that was the case, but we had great work. Great workout, but a difficult day. We got down to 77 (players), but we still have a couple more moves to make by tomorrow. We just appreciate all of the young guys’ efforts. They came in here, they got opportunities and they got better. They should feel good about what they did. They helped us become a better football team. Cut-down day is a tough day.”

(On factoring in players to play for the fourth preseason game when making cuts)
“Taking into consideration yes, that’s why some of the moves ended the way they did is because you have to take into consideration playing the fourth preseason game, the end of the game, how you finish, your numbers and things like that. We did, we spend a lot of time on it and felt like we made the best moves in the interest of the organization.”

(On cutting CB Imoan Claiborne)
“Well again, he played good, he made plays. He’s a potential practice squad candidate, but just because of the other positions and numbers, it just didn’t work out for us. We’ve got depth there. The other two young guys are doing good. Those are our decisions. We have to stand by our decisions. Again, I got the chance to talk to each and every individual player today.”

(On if a player has ever gotten mad at him after being cut)
“No, I mean you have obviously… what gets hard is when you’re releasing a vested veteran and someone that’s put time in and has contributed to your program. The younger guys understand it. They’re appreciative of the opportunity. They got to put a body of work on tape for the rest of the league and that was our commitment to them when we signed a lot of these guys after the draft, was we’re going to let you play in preseason games. And they did and they played well, so they’ll be exposed to the rest of the league tomorrow and we’ll just see what happens.”

(On how he evaluates the first team offensive line from Saturday)
“I thought they did a pretty good job. We had a few little issues, which you’re going to, but I thought overall, they played well together. They communicated well together. We didn’t have any really big protection breakdowns. We had one of their defenders time up the snap really well and we gave up a sack, but that’s something that we can get corrected. I thought (G) Jamon (Brown) before he went out was playing well and I thought (T) Rob (Havenstein) had a pretty solid game.”

(On if he likes what he saw from C/G Demetrius Rhaney at guard)
“Yeah, he’s been playing well at both positions, especially productive on the second level in the screens and downfield. He’s very athletic and made some really good blocks.”

(On if G Rodger Saffold is closer to getting back)
“Getting closer, yeah. We’ll just see how he is the next couple of days.”

(On what he’s seen from LB Bryce Hager)
“Bryce has been really challenged because he’s playing the middle linebacker spot, he’s playing the outside linebacker spot in the same game. In addition to that, at times he’s on all four special teams, so it’s a lot of work, but he’s coming on. He sees it, he gets it. He makes his mind up and goes and makes the play, so he’s had a good camp.”

(On keeping Rhaney around all last season and getting him in the program)
“Well it was huge. It was a big disappointment. The injury was a big disappointment to us the way it all went down. It was a field goal protection thing. He spent time here the whole offseason. He spends time with the young quarterbacks at the hotel after meetings, so he’s really put the time in. So it’s paying off for him.”