TRANSCRIPTS: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher - Post Practice - 9.29.15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Something I have noticed and I am curious about what you guys think . . .

I've noticed a tremendous amount of subbing on the defensive line. While I realize that saving players snap count can be beneficial I feel like in ways it is detrimental to our team. Sure we are deep on the Dline but I've also noticed that we are subbing way too much.

Our Dline is filled with guys that get more effective with their touches. They are all go, go, go type of guys; yet here we are subbing in Hayes, Westbrooks, and Fairley. I love having the depth that those guys bring but it leaves us so vulnerable to the fast pace offenses.
I think right now we don't have a choice. We're subbing out of necessity, not just to change things up. All those three and outs on offense are killers. They either rotate early and often or you'll have a gassed D in the second half.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've noticed a tremendous amount of subbing on the defensive line. While I realize that saving players snap count can be beneficial I feel like in ways it is detrimental to our team. Sure we are deep on the Dline but I've also noticed that we are subbing way too much.
That's probably because after 3 weeks our defense has been on the field longer than any other teams' defense except for the Eagles.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
My total guess is that Quick is still the slow learner he always was and because he missed time with the shoulder injury, he's behind in learning the new offense. His shoulder is probably fine, but as with the previous offense, he's just not getting it right away.

Fisher's not giving up on him because they KNOW what a physical talent he is, but... he's a repetition guy. I dunno if it's a learning disability thing or a learning modality thing or if he just has a low football IQ thing, but... much like old florescent bulbs, it just takes awhile for the lights to come on with Quick.

I still have faith in him, but I think that's why they didn't rush him back out there.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
That's probably because after 3 weeks our defense has been on the field longer than any other teams' defense except for the Eagles.

Yes. We have been on the field a lot! But what if the difference is having Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn put the other team into a 3 and out rather than our backups come in and give up that first down?

I'm just venting/thinking. . . It has been a frustrating season for us all.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Last night during his radio show he did kind of hint towards Quick being behind due to missing camp time. He didn't come out and say it but he made it sound like he suffered a couple setbacks during camp as well.

He did also say that he is healthy and ready to go when/if they activate him. Still a lot of murky water surrounding the whole deal
I've heard that, and I've heard that Quick can't run full speed, because of strength, range of motion, in that shoulder. Could it be both? :popcorn: Still waiting, like everyone else.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yes. We have been on the field a lot! But what if the difference is having Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn put the other team into a 3 and out rather than our backups come in and give up that first down?

I'm just venting/thinking. . . It has been a frustrating season for us all.
It's up to the offense to become one.
Yeah it's been brutal.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Yea, I find that last statement odd. The defense(?) needs to win games?

You guys with the "give it a try" comments are reminding me of that SNL locker room skit with peyton..

I expect Carson isn't looking foward to this game one bit though.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yea, I find that last statement odd. The defense(?) needs to step up?

You guys with the "give it a try" comments are reminding me of that SNL locker room skit with peyton..

I expect Carson isn't looking foward to this game one bit though.
As far as Fish, I'm pretty sure he's alluding to dropped picks, and not making 4th quarter stops. On the 2nd one, seeing so much TOP makes it harder, but being n the position, and then dropping picks, are monumental in close games, and good defenses will complete those. Hell, The Cheatriots won a SB, because of doing both of those.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I guess id just rather hear a response to that question something more along the lines of how he intends to get the O into top ten discussion as well rather than saying the d needs to win games.

I realize I'm being snotty but I don't care. Shoot me!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess id just rather hear a response to that question something more along the lines of how he intends to get the O into top ten discussion as well rather than saying the d needs to win games.

I realize I'm being snotty but I don't care. Shoot me!
DarylShotgun.gif

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Oh and btw... Palmer won't be escaping the pocket Sunday. If nothing else he's gonna get a steady diet of Donald bursting the F out of that pile to eat his fruit cup. Only hope for Palmer is that running game of theirs.

I must admit, that playing against this "D" is dangerous to a QB's health. :rolleyes:o_O

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The more I think about it, the key matchup will probably be Joyner vs Fitzgerald. Fitz has devoured opponents thus far. This is gonna be a big, big game for the little guy hope he's crushing it in the film room right now.