TRANSCRIPTS: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post Practice – 10/6/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
(Opening statement)
“Great work, great start. Got some people back. Let me give you an update on (LB) Alec (Ogletree). Surgery went really well this morning. We have decided not to use the IR designation at this point. So, he’ll be out, designated as a Sunday inactive and out. We’ll just kind of see how things go, and there’s a chance for a return. We’re just going to see how things go.”

(On if the return will be quicker than eight weeks)
“No, I’m not anticipating… It’s going to be longer than eight weeks, but there’s a chance for a return. Right now, we use the roster spot. We use (WR) Chris’ (Givens) roster spot and we signed (LB) Jo-Lonn (Dunbar). So, we’re fine. We’re at 53. We’ve got a solid practice squad. Alec (Ogletree) will just be inactive this week.”

(On how quickly Dunbar can get up to speed)
“He knows the defense, that’s why we brought him back. He stayed in shape, came back and it’s like he’s never left. He has a good feel for what we’re doing.”

(On having flexibility with the final roster spot if they need it)
“Yes. In the future, if we need to use the designated IR, designated for return, then we still have it available.”

(On if RB Trey Watts will be exempt from the roster this week)
“He has an exemption. That way he’s going to practice and then we’ll make that decision next week.”

(On if Ogletree’s injury was a fibula)
“Right now, he has a really sore ankle. He had his fibula repaired, yes. I don’t need to go into all of the details, you guys will get confused. You’ll confuse his ankle with his knee.”

(On if the surgery was done in St. Louis)
“Yes, it was done this morning. It was successful.”

(On RB Todd Gurley having four carries in a row and if that was an indication that he’s ahead of where was expected)
“I think what everyone expected, was after he broke the first long one where we had the celebration and the delay, that you expected to see (RB) Tre (Mason) go in and he said he was fine. He goes, ‘No I’m going. I’m going to finish this drive.’ That’s a really good indication of where he is right now.”

(On if he’s seen maturity from Gurley from the start)
“From day one, yes. He’s learned the offense. He knows exactly what to do. Learning hasn’t been a problem. Work load has not a problem. He’s done all of the extra things. He’s that complete back. That’s the reason we drafted him, because we knew he was like that. All of the information we got out of the University of Georgia was all true. This is the kind of young man that he is. He’s a real pro.”

(On if RB Chase Reynolds and DE Eugene Sims practiced)
“They both got back on the practice field today.”

(On what makes Packers QB Aaron Rogers exceptional)
“Coaches tape, you just sit there and go, ‘Wow.’ Ball is out. He’s accurate. He’s extremely accurate and the ball comes out quick. He knows where to go. He’s mastered that offense. He’s mobile. He’s running around making plays and they’re a hard offense to stop.”

(On how careful they have to be to not get drawn offside and then beat over the top by Rogers)
“He’s going to do it. Week, after week, after week you hear defenses work on that all week long in practice and are not going to let it happen to them, and then it happens to them and the ball goes up top. We’re no different than any other defense that gets ready to prepare for them. We have to work on it and then when the ball goes up, we have to make the play. But, the ball’s going to go up top.”

(On how important quick substitutions will be with the Packers running no-huddle when they see teams subbing)
“It’s like (Broncos QB) Peyton (Manning). Peyton will do the same thing, so we’re used to that. But, he’s very good at that. He’ll watch to see if anybody steps off the sideline. If they do, they get up on the line of scrimmage.”

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Depending on how close it is to the malleolus, that's actually not a bad injury to have. It's still a broken bone (I'm assuming he didn't have a clean break requiring rods or anything), but 8 weeks shouldn't be out of the question to be honest. Your (lower) leg relies mostly on the tibia for weight bearing. The fibula is honestly kind of useless. Some people think our bone structure evolved that to kind of have a protection "barrier" if you will on the outside of our leg, and it helps with stability.

Depending on exactly far down it is, and with Fisher saying "sore ankle" I would imagine it's very close to the malleolus. Which sucks, because it will be very painful and a harder recovery overall. Him coming back late in the year should def not be counted out though.

Last edited:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Is anyone else confused? It's a really sore ankle, but it required surgey, and it could be confusing to explain. He might not get IR'd, but it could be longer than 8 weeks. I just hope Alec is ok.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Is anyone else confused? It's a really sore ankle, but it required surgey, and it could be confusing to explain. He might not get IR'd, but it could be longer than 8 weeks. I just hope Alec is ok.

He probably broke the tip of his malleolus off (very common), and they went in and put a screw into it. That or had a little fracture above it, and they put a plate on it. If it was anything more that that like a serious impact, they'd prob had just called it a season. The malleolus is the "bump" on the outside (or lateral) side of your ankle. It is the distal end of your fibula.

Last edited:

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
After hearing some real positive stuff here. So glad Alec Ogletree is now on the HEALING TRAIL now. GOD BLESS HIM and his RESTORATION. WOW! we are gonna get Sims back and I'm excited and positive on who steps up and fills in for Tree. Lets play every game like we are already in the PLAYOFFS. We now have Watts to add for depth and who knows when STUFF happens. He is ours and pead is gone. Hoping Mason's hammy can one day be declared 100% healed. Hoping guys are seeing what they messed up on with cards and not get happy over anything. We need to discover every TELL we can get for Packers game. I want to give them more than FITS. I want to hang a GIANT "L" on them. NO INJURIES!!!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Kinda like this
DCPPlate.jpg

would look something like this before
f8be1ee7dc901f86e4bec70d6bf8e0.jpg