TRANSCRIPTS: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher and Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams (10-11-14)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
TRANSCRIPTS: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher and Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams (10-11-14)

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post-Practice – October 11, 2014

(On RB Zac Stacy’s progress)
“He was full practice. He’s listed as probable.”

(On WR Chris Givens and how he can get back on the field after being inactive last game)
We just told him just to be patient. We didn’t know if it was a one time thing, because unfortunately your inactives they change from week to week based on things that have happened on the practice field, based on needs, and positional needs and so on. He understands it. Obviously, nobody likes being a healthy scratch on Sunday considering the fact that he’s been very productive for us. So he’ll be patient with that.”

(On how he feels about the Greatest Shown on Turf celebrations)
I’m actually thinking about the 49ers on Monday night. No, I’ve been here for a few years now. I’m reminded on a daily basis inside the building, so I’m used to it now.”

(On if he plans to attend any of the Greatest Shown on Turf festivities this weekend)
“No, we’ll be busy, but, we’ll get a chance to visit with some of them in pregame warmups and such. I look forward to seeing Coach (former Rams Head Coach Dick Vermeil).”

(On if Stacy has responded well during practice this week considering he has practiced in full the past two practices)
“Yeah. Usually, if there’s any doubt in our minds, we will list them as limited and questionable, but he will be listed as full practice, probable.”

Rams Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams – Post Practice – October 11, 2014

(On the challenge that 49ers RB Frank Gore presents)
“I’ve had a lot of respect for him for a long time. Even back when he was a high school football player, college football player, I had a lot of kids from that program I’ve had a chance to coach. He does a tremendous job running in the style that they want him to run in. We’re going to have to play very good run defense. It’s going to be a good test. We’re improving each and every week but this will be a good test.”

(On what challenges the defense will face)
“Well we’ve got to get them in passing situations. I think their quarterback’s playing very well. I like the style of their offense, it’s a tough offense. When I say physical, very tough, brings a physical attitude to the entire team. It spreads throughout their special teams. It spreads throughout their defense. It’s a real hard-coached team, you can tell that. So, we’re going to have our work cut out for us. I’m looking forward for our guys to have a chance to play. I think we’re improving. I like our guys a lot. I think they’ve made a steady improvement each and every week. This will be a good test.”

(On how DT Aaron Donald has been progressing)
“His acclimation to the pro game, he’s done a tremendous job. He would be a guy that I hope you guys have a chance to take a good look at this week. He’s had a really, really good week of practice. Looking forward for him to get a chance to have opportunities to play the way we want him to play. It’s the same way he played in college. He’s a very quick, instinctive player. He feels very comfortable in what we’re doing. This week for whatever reason, it felt like the light came on a little bit more for him, even a little bit more. When I was watching him practice, watching him prepare…it’s fun to be around him and you guys don’t get a chance to see it as much as I do, is that he’s the first one here in the morning. He’s the first one in the meeting room. He’s out here on the practice field before the guys set the practice up. He takes this thing seriously and it’s fun to be around that kind of a guy. Hopefully success wise, he gets a little bit of success and he’ll only prosper.”

(On the 49ers addition of WR Stevie Johnson and WR Brandon Lloyd)
“I was with Brandon at the Redskins so I know him very well. He’s a Blue Springs, MO kid. So, I’ve known Brandon for a long time. He’s very talented and he made some really athletic, acrobatic plays last week. I’ve always had a lot of respect for him because he comes to play every single time. He makes you be honest in covering him. Then Stevie Johnson coming from Buffalo, they’ve added good to their personnel. It’s as good as a wide receiver group as whole. You can’t let your guard down on any one of them. So, we’ve got again, defensively all the way around, as you were alluding to in the run game but also in the pass game, they’re a talented group with good concepts that they want to exploit. We’re going to have some good match-up problems to try to solve. Our guys, they’ve practiced well, they’ve recognized things pretty well this week so we’ll see come Monday night.”

(On if it’s hard to concentrate on just one weapon because the 49ers have so many on the offensive side of the ball)
“It’s tough and they’ve done a great job of adding to their talent base. I was with (49ers GM) Trent Baalke too, Trent was at the Redskins with me when I was there. I think he’s done a very, very good job of bringing people in, in the style of play that they want to compliment what they already have. I think this set of lineman up front is as good as any tough group of offensive lineman that we’ve seen so far. We’ve some great individuals but as a whole, this is a good group. This is a good match-up this week. We need to come to play. It’s time to play. It’s time to do that. We’ve had an extra-long week, just keeping them corralled in practice every day. They’re ready to play. About one more day of being around them I can’t wait to watch them play.”

(On what makes 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick so hard to defend)
“He’s got good speed. Not only is it just from an athletic standpoint-size-weight-speed-guy-he’s got good instincts as a runner. You can see he’s a multi-sport player in how he plays the game. The fact that he’s got a baseball background in low he winds up and ‘hummbabes” it at times and throws it. He has very good velocity on the football. But his escapability is rare for someone that size, that height. He’s a powerful man and we’ve got to do a good job keeping him in the pocket. Once we get to him in the pocket we’ve got to get him down in the pocket. We’ve got to get some more negative plays that way.”

(On the addition of LB Will Herring)

“Know him well. It’s been awhile since I’ve been with him, but fits in very well from a leadership, locker room guy. Fits in very well with the special teams play and the style of play that we do here. But a good addition. I was happy to see that he was available and I think you guys will enjoy watching him fit in very quickly here.”

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Time to let this Donald beast loose....Hell, people keep talking about G-Rob, I was SHOCKED that this dude didn't dominate like I thought he should...So, G-Rob, meh....Let this Donald play and win us some damn games...I feel the same about Mo Alexander...some big tackles here or there can really change the tide...

I too feel this is the best 9ers receivers corps since the TO days....so FWIW, it'll be a great test for EJ, JJ, TJ and my personal shitstain McLeod.....lol jk...not really....