TRANSCRIPTS: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher (7-26-14)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Training Camp – July 26, 2014

(On the luck with the weather)

“Yeah we did as a matter of fact. This is the second day, I think we’ve done so. It didn’t look good and I was told by two or three people in the building that we’d have to make a decision by 4:15 p.m., and I told them that I’ve taken care of it so not to worry about it.”

(On how he knows the weather will be fine for practice)
“I have some special equipment in my office here.”

(On if the team practicing in gloomy weather will help them later on)
“Well it does. We’re eventually going to get some weather. We need some heat and typically because we are going down to week two Tampa Bay. But, we’ll get it, we’ll get our opportunities for that. From an acclimation standpoint it’s ideal what we’ve been through the last couple of days. It’s supposed to cool off for a little bit. As youth football is starting up and high school practices are starting up, we have to be mindful and get the word out and we’ll do so about how important acclimation is because it’s really very, very important. Because we’ve become an air conditioned society now and we don’t do much outside in the heat. You have to pick and choose and be wise about putting athletes outside.”

(On how the rookies and veterans are blending together)
“They’re fine. They were together for the OTAs, so they’re fine. Doing some extra periods with the rookies and things at the end of practice and we’ll continue to do so. For the most part we’re practicing 1s against 1s right now then 2s against 2s. Once the pads go on we’ll start changing it up a little bit.”

(On what he saw of the team’s energy on day two)
“Yeah it was. Well, day two installation much more offense than defense so as a result you see more production on the field. Yesterday was pretty basic, simple. We added some things, got some big plays on both sides of the ball.”

(On DE Michael Sam’s presence around the quarterbacks today)
“I didn’t get to see it, I was with the 7-on-7 but I heard. He’s improving. Mike’s doing a great job. (Defensive Line) Coach (Mike) Waufle…with his hand usage and placement things and so, he’ll just keep working at it.”

(On if Sam reporting to camp weighing less has helped)
“He made his weight. He was in really good shape when he came in. We don’t have a lot of depth up there, he is getting plenty of reps.”

(On when the team gets to put the pads on)
“Pads will be after tomorrow. Our first shoulder pad practice will be special teams practice. Then we’ll come back the very next day. Then a day off, then come back.”

(On how OL Greg Robinson is learning from blocking DE Robert Quinn without the pads on)
“He’s learned that Rob Quinn is a really good rusher. I think he knew that before he got there, but it’s different in person, it’s different every other snap. He’s moving back and forth he’s getting some guard work and some tackle work.”

(On OL Barrett Jones’s biggest improvement from last year’s injury to now and expectations for him)
“Barrett was coming off the injury and really couldn’t do much. He spent a lot of time second half of the year and through the entire offseason in the weight room. He’s changed his body, he’s gotten much much more strength inside, his feet are moving a lot.”

(On bringing back DE Will Hayes and what he means to the defense)
“He and (DE) Chris (Long) worked out a really good rotation during the season. We always have a fresh end on the field, they know when to sub for each other and then of course when we move and go to our four-end package and move Will inside, he gives you that extra rush inside.”

(On his expectations for the team after three years and if the players know what to expect from him)
“Yeah, they do. They understand how we work inside and what we do outside, it’s not that hard. A lot of our club rules are common sense and I don’t like to take their money and they don’t like to give it up so rarely do we have any issues.”

(On if he had to get them excited for camp)
“No, we don’t do that. They were so excited about coming out here. They know what’s ahead and we will pick and choose as we push through the next couple weeks it’ll be different topics. But no, at times you have to pull them back because they’re very excited.”

(On if this is the first time QB Sam Bradford’s done two days in a row since OTAs and what did he see from him today)
“Yes it is. It was great, didn’t have any issues today and felt really good yesterday so we’re just going to keep moving forward.”

(On how he watches Bradford when he’s on the field and whether he is watching his knee and making sure nothing looks like it’s out of place)
“No, no I’m not watching his legs at all. You watch the execution and you watch the decisions when you look at the quarterback, but footwork’s good and right now the arm strength is outstanding. Honestly, if we have any concern with respect to Sam it would be the number of throws and that’s the case anytime you get a quarterback that’s going into their fifth year or sixth year, because you can tend too throw to much at camp, but we don’t have any concern about the knees which is a good thing.”

SierraRam

Recreational User
Thanks Dude. I'd rather read than listen - I'm not into that "whole brevity thing.." ;)