TRANSCRIPTS: Jeff Fisher, Schottenheimer, McGinnis & RB St

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

TRANSCRIPTS: Jeff Fisher, Schottenheimer, McGinnis & RB Steven Jackson

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post-Practice – October 18, 2012

(On why he decided to have a later practice)
“Every so often I’m going to give them an opportunity to catch up on their sleep, so we did that. When you get into a routine and you’re up early, every once in awhile you get a day to sleep in, it really changes the mood, so that’s what we did.”

(On if he likes the ‘thunder and lightning’ effect that he gets from RBs Steven Jackson and Daryl Richardson)
“Yes, from a defensive standpoint it’s difficult. It would be difficult for our defense when you have a difference in the backs and the running styles. So, it’s been working and we’ll continue it. I’d still like to see ‘Jack’ get at least about two-thirds of the carries because he’s got the experience, and Jack is one of those that he almost needs to get rolling. He needs to get going, so we’ll continue to work with that, but we were pleased with the results last weekend.”

(On if he expected Richardson to produce so quickly)
“Well, we saw it and we saw it early. We saw it at the rookie camp. Then, you have to wait that anticipation of, ‘Alright when the pads go on, is he going to be able to do the same thing?’ And we saw that at camp.”

(On if Jackson will be fresher because he’s sharing carries with Richardson)
“Well, that’s the thought is that later in the year he’s going to have a lot more left.”

(On if K Greg Zuerlein has bounced back in practice since missing field-goals against Miami)
“Yes, he’s fine. He didn’t kick today, but he’ll kick tomorrow. He’s kicking fine. He’s taken responsibility for it, but he’s not taking it hard. It’s just he feels like he was the one that missed it, and in fact he was – the two. I took responsibility for the third one.”

(On why he took responsibility for one of Zuerlein’s missed field-goals)
“Because that’s, realistically, out of his range. If you go into a game knowing what the range is and the wind is a factor then you expect the kicker to put the ball between those two poles, but once you get back outside then I’ll take the…It’s what I’ve always done. Once I got out of a kicker’s range and we wanted to take a shot at it, I say, ‘Hey, this one’s on me. Give it a shot.’”

full transcripts: http://www.nflfans.com/rams2/article.ph ... 8194823301