TRANSCRIPTS: Jeff Fisher, Gregg Williams, Todd Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post Practice – 12/23/15

(On the three Pro Bowl selections)
“We got word slightly before 7 (pm) yesterday, so we were aware of the selections. For Aaron, he’s put together two back-to-back great years in his career already early on. So, certainly deserving of that. ‘Hekk’ (P Johnny Hekker), some of the stuff he’s done is extraordinary. So, he’s got a lot of recognition around the league, a lot of respect. We’ve known that and certainly he’s worthy of it. And then I asked (RB) Todd (Gurley) what he was doing a year ago yesterday, and he was three weeks post-op and did he ever think at that point, a year ago yesterday, that he would have been voted to the Pro Bowl. I think that speaks volumes of him. His teammates are also to be recognized for that. The offensive linemen and then of course our training staff to get him back and put him in that position. This will be the first of many for him, so I’m really happy for him.”

(On if he’s anticipating Gurley to be better than ever next year)
“That’s what we’re expecting. We’ll finish up strong the last two weeks and then he’ll get a chance to go over and compete with the best in the league, and then he’s going to need to take some time off. But, knowing him, he’ll be back in early and be getting ready for year two.”

(On how badly he wants to beat Seattle on the road)
“It’s a hard place to play. We’ve been close up there, but we haven’t been able to finish it. They’re certainly motivated even though they’re in, there’s motivation for them to win out and to move up as far as the seeds are concerned. But yeah, it’s a hard place to play and we’re going to go up there and we’re going to do everything we possibly can.”

(On if it’s a friendly rivalry or if there’s some animosity)
“It’s respect. There’s respect for them and all of their players. They’re playing really well. You talk about a team that started off slow with some injuries and then has won seven out of the last eight games. That’s pretty impressive. That’s hard to do, especially when you go on the road and play against the teams like they have.”

(On if there are any updates on DE Robert Quinn and S T.J. McDonald)
“Both of them, their procedures were both done. They’re doing well. Rob had immediate relief, which was great, which we expected. T.J.’s shoulder was not in good shape to say the least, but he’s got a new shoulder.”

(On a shoulder being an occupational hazard for a hard-hitting safety)
“T.J. has been through a lot when you talk about the offseason injury and then the foot injury and everything, the shoulder and everything. So, he’s been through a lot. He should be good to go. From a timing standpoint, we needed to do it, just so we could get him in the offseason program. He’ll be good to go.”

(On if both players will be fine by OTAs)
“Both of them will be fine early in the offseason.”

(On former Rams RB Steven Jackson signing with the Patriots)
“I said this when I got here after Steven’s first year, I wish I could’ve been here during his glory days because he’s a great teammate and a great player. I’m happy that he’s getting an opportunity. You get an opportunity to join a program like the Patriots, you’ve got a chance to go get a ring and that’s the one thing he hasn’t been able to do, so we’re pulling for him.”

Rams Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams – Post Practice – 12/23/15

(On Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin)
“He’s gone off. And really from a receiving standpoint, he fits into a lot of the things that they ask him to do. There’s a good synergy between the quarterback and the receiver. If you’ve ever played the position, there has to be some type of a common knowledge going on outside of verbal communication you can see. They get it. They know where each other is. They trust each other a lot and he’s been at the point of attack on a lot of big plays here lately. He caught our attention quickly when we got back on film.”

(On Baldwin being competitive going after the ball)
“He’s very good. He’s very competitive. You know what? They’ve done a good job up there. I know that staff pretty well. There’s several guys on that staff that I’ve coached with before. Not only in the pass game, but in the run game too. He’s one of those receivers that does it all. He’s grown up in special teams. He’s grown up as a tough guy. It’s good to see that he has started to get some of his credits that maybe have been long overdue. But I will tell you this, he’s done well for a long time. But here lately, he’s been at the point of attack.”

(On the Seahawks asking QB Russell Wilson to throw more with RB Marshawn Lynch out)
“They really haven’t. They’ve done a very good job on running the football, controlling the down and distances. Their third down efficiency has been outstanding because they’ve had very few third downs of any length. They’ve done a great job on managing it, get back on track, keep the ball down in there tight and tough. Then when they have to make a throw, he’s been very accurate on where he has thrown with it. Some of the teams they’ve played against maybe don’t know him as well, hopefully, as we do. There’s been outside the division kind of teams that have come in here lately. But, they’ve just been on fire on third down. And then just what we just talked about a while ago with Baldwin and Russell, they’ve just had a great hook-up here the last several weeks.”

(On if Wilson is making more plays in the pocket)
“He has. He’s thrown the ball very well out of the pocket. I don’t think he’s ever been negligent on doing that. He’s come under fire before about that, but we’ve always thought he did a really good job in that area. I think (Seahawks Offensive Coordinator) Darrell Bevell has done a great job on adapting the things schematically to what Russell’s strengths are. I think the best coaches in the league do that. Whether it’s offense, defense or special teams, you build the style of play, scheme of play, to what your players can do. They’ve done a very good job with that.”

(On the case for DT Aaron Donald to be the NFL Defensive Player of the Year)
“Last year, you guys were trying to get me to talk about him an awful lot when he was still just a rookie and I wouldn’t. He’s not a rookie anymore. I’m very happy I get a chance to coach him. He’s as dominant as any inside player there is in the league. He can play inside and outside. You’ve seen us move him to the outside position, too. He’s very movable. He’s a great kid and I think he can be in those conversations, yes I do. Again, I’m biased on that. I like him a lot, but production warrants him to be considered.”

(On what Donald has added to his tool belt this year)
“He’s had to learn how to play against, obviously, better players at this level. He’s also for the first time…and it took a little bit of an acclimation for him to understand when the game plan at this level started going towards him, and what we did to try to help him a little bit with that. But more importantly, what he could do on compensating and correcting some of his technique things so he could still be a dominant football player. So, his biggest adjustment is when he saw everybody’s attention start to go to him more, because he wasn’t sneaking up on anybody the way he was as a rookie.”

(On Donald coming up with plays at big times)
“The better players I’ve ever been around have been able to rise to the occasion and without an awful lot of talking about that. When he came in the door, he could do that. He’s looking to make plays all of the time, but he understands the special situations of the game. And he rises to those occasions. We have a little bit of our terminology or our system is we cut him loose. We let him do those kinds of things. And (LB) James (Laurinaitis) quarterbacks him behind the line of scrimmage and tells them when he can and can’t do some of those things, too. And James has done a great job on helping Aaron make some of those plays.”

(On if he and his players enjoy the challenge of matching-up with the Seahawks)
“We enjoy the challenge of playing against people that are perceived to be better than us. Maybe as a coach and as a player too, you have a chip on your shoulders of always wanting to prove yourselves. But, our match-ups and the familiarity within the division makes it somewhat simpler when I go about talking about how to do things. Our guys already understand who they’re going against. And then when you trick the scheme, you trick the whatever we’re trying to do situation, there’s a familiarity of the opponent and that helps a lot. Now, as far as us being able to get after him, I hope we can continue to do that. There’s been times were we couldn’t get him down either. We played that game here last year in the dome and in the second half we had a hard time getting him down. We’ve corrected a few of those things and hopefully that will go on this week, too. Hopefully.”

Rams RB Todd Gurley – Post-Practice – December 23, 2015

(On his reaction when he found out that he was selected to the Pro Bowl)
“I was excited. I heard before, but I really wanted to hear it from NFL Network.”

(On what he was doing a year ago at this time)
“Rehabbing.”

(On if they told him then that he would be a Pro Bowler in a year, if he would believe it)
“That wasn’t on my mind. At the time, I was worried about focusing on my rehab and just trying to come back.”

(On if he is looking forward to the trip and if he’s looking forward to it)
“No, I’ve never been to Hawaii. I’m definitely looking forward to though.”

(On if he is looking forward to meeting some of the other Pro Bowlers)
“Yeah, it will be cool. It’s some of the best players in the league and guys I grew up looking at, so it will definitely be cool to be able to play in it.”

(On if he had goals for himself going into the season)
“No. Just trying to get back healthy and stay on the field.”

(On if he felt like he had something to prove this year)
“No. I don’t have to prove anything to anybody. I just go out there and play my game.”

(On visiting WR Stedman Bailey)
“It meant a lot. Just being able to be there with him and be able to see him and hear his voice because I haven’t seen him in a while. It definitely felt good. It meant a lot to just go out there and see him.”

(On if seeing Bailey made his situation more real)
“It was just exciting just to see how well he’s doing that fast. It definitely was exciting.”

(On how he will approach the last two games of the season)
“Finish strong. We might not be going to the playoffs, but we want to end on a good not.”

(On if he has heard anything from teammates about playing in Seattle)
“Yes, I heard. I’ll have to find out for myself.”

(On him playing in a lot of loud venues in the SEC)
“Yeah, I have. But they say Seattle is pretty impressive.”

(On the offense getting on a roll and now going up to play Seattle’s defense)
“Like I said, we just do us. Go there and execute. That’s all we have to worry about.”

(On if anything about his rookie season has been different than what he expected)
“I didn’t expect to do this well, but at the end of the day, it didn’t really surprise me. I put in the hard work and my teammates helped me come back and do a great a job.”