TRANSCRIPTS 6-14-12: Jeff Fisher, Schottenheimer, McGinnis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

TRANSCRIPTS 6-14-12: Jeff Fisher, Schottenheimer, McGinnis

--

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Minicamp – June 14, 2012

(On finishing up practice with a fun activity)
“We like to try to have fun. We are going to do that. It looked like it was going to go on forever. I had to adjust. This is a different machine, I’ve never seen a machine like that but clearly the big guys got an appreciation for how hard that job is. When Danny (Amendola) got out there and caught the first one, they understand now. A couple of them are in there icing down. Harvey (Dahl) landed on his head (joking).”

----------

Offensive Coordinator Brian Schottenheimer – Minicamp – June 14, 2012

(On how the players have adapted to the new offense)
“It was a really, really good offseason. I think we got a lot of things in. I would say probably we are almost at 90 percent of what we need to have in. What we tried to do was we tried to overload them a little bit in the beginning. We tried to go back and repeat things so they could hear it a second, third, fourth and fifth time. But I’m very, very pleased. Obviously, not only are you competing against yourself but we are also going against the defense, which creates a lot of problems. It was good for us going against a defense like ours. You troubleshoot a lot of your problems with protections and run game and things like that, so it was really good.”

----------

Rams Assistant Head Coach Dave McGinnis – Minicamp – June 14, 2012

(On the defense)
“We’re entirely different than we were when we first got here. They’ve done a very nice job of not only absorbing what we’ve given them, but they’ve taken it to the field. The communication has incrementally gotten better every practice that we’ve had. The meetings have been fantastic. (Head Coach) Jeff (Fisher) went through a very meticulous and a very orderly process of putting this staff together. In that process, he got some tremendous, tremendous teachers. I’ve been coaching in the league for 27 years, so I know good from not good. In those meeting rooms it’s really, really good. These players, I can’t give them enough credit for what they’ve done as far as picking up a new system, being able to implement that system mentally in a classroom, but more importantly on the field. Because again, in the process of all this ultimately what it comes to is where we can win ballgames when the regular season starts. The initial process that starts is knowing what you’re doing. If you don’t know your stuff, you have a hard time doing it. These guys have really done a tremendous job doing that.”

====================

full transcripts: http://www.RamsFans.com